Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The 12 Week Blow Dry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭jackira

what you had done was different to the 12 week blow dry, this actually helps improve the condition of your hair, and you dont get re-growth.

The reason it's expensive is because very few people are doing it at the moment. In a few months the prices will come down. The salons are making a HUGE mark up on this treatment at the moment, so there is plenty of room for places to undercut each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Barrys charge €200-300 as well...go with Mayo!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Theres a salon in Athy that does the 12 week blow dry aswell. Going in there tomorrow to have my colour done and will get some info !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭maameeo

im getting mine done today!! eeek!
    im just worried bout the 3 days of greasy hair, well just the monday in work, thats gona be rotten! but i hope its worth it!
    if it works on my fuzzy hair itll be a miracle!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

maameeo wrote: »
    im just worried bout the 3 days of greasy hair, well just the monday in work, thats gona be rotten! but i hope its worth it!

Good luck maameeo, make sure to report back!!

• Advertisement

just back!!
    lol, i tot i was gona have greasy goo in my hair for 3 days! silly me!
    its just straight blow dried atm, like a hairdresser usually does.
    gona bug me not being able to tie it back but better than greasy! :)

ill get back to yall in 3days!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭foodaholic

getting mine done on monday, im concerned about sleeping on it though

foodaholic wrote: »

All you need to do when you wake up is go over it again with the straightener. You do do this as and when required. When i had mine done i was worried about this as well as i normally resemble worsel gumage when i wake up in the morning.

It did get a bit messy in the morning but it really easy to just go over it, only took a few mins and it was back to how is was when i first got it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

Das Kitty wrote: »
    *steps into thread and annoys everyone*

My hair dries straight naturally.

*leaves quickly before she is lynched*

You were adopted.
    And nobody likes you.
    :P

foodaholic wrote: »

Ditto to what jackira said.
    i just got up and it had gone wavy in places, so i ran over it with ghd and im flying again!

i dont find it great looking yet, does it get better looking once you wash it out??

• Advertisement

thanks for that.

They told me that the limpness goes after about 2 weeks, i met a women in the hairdressers who had it done, she said it made her holiday (she was away for a month and didnt have to worry about it at all)

maameeo wrote: »

I was worried about that too! the weekend I am getting it done my sister has just told me she wants to go wedding dress shopping and I was afraid I would be a grease monkey trying on bridesmaid dresses!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

I am very interested in getting the 12 week blow dry and I was checking sites this weekend to see what the results were like. I was amazed to come across the exact same message on other forums in Ireland. Makes me wonder can you believe what you read.:( (advertising or what?)
    I've deleted the hairsalon - I don't wish to give them anymore advertising.
    I've also added the site below to prove my point
    http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=207379&sid=8c54407e24d0375e365b0b0bd5d209ae

Hi

I got the 12 week blowdry natural straigntening treatment done on my hair in a new salon in **** last weekend. I absolutely love the results! smile.gif My hair feels so soft and healthy and has never looked in better shape. My hair is natually very thick and can be so unruley but since I've had the treatment done, it has been poker straight. It's being so easy to dry too.

Not only is it easy on my hair, but also on my pocket! biggrin.gif My treatment was only 120 euro and I have ALOT of hair! Definitely alot cheaper than those expensive prices in Dublin. eek.gif I would highly recommend it to everyone. The salon is called **** and is based in ***** The staff are lovely and very professional. I'll definitely be returning for my next treatment.

If anyone needs the number, just PM me. cool.gif

hahahaha

Yeah I noticed that as well just not a bold as you to mention the fact!

It pops up all over the place.

But in respect to the 12 weekblow dry it is great. And i got all all done in my...oops sorry i mean just a salon i have no connection with what so ever

:rolleyes:Thanks Jackira!
    I've no problem with a genuine recommendation but when I see the exact same text a few times, then I begin to wonder!
    Having read the forums I've decided to proceed! Just wondering where in Cork can I get it done - and no I haven't see multiple texts recommending any one place there:P

cant help you out as i'm not from cork, I dont think I've seen anyone saying they got there's done in cork either. But if i hear of anywhere i'll let you know.

I'm sure there has to be somewhere you can get it done.

The other thread you posted was interesting as well, one person saying that dylan bradshaw had exclusive rights, to a certain product. Unless anyone else can tell me otherwise i'm not sure i believe this. Why would a company only sell to one place in the whole country ( I know were small but come on )

A lot of salons not going to be happy with me here but............have you considered just buying the product yourself. Have a search it's not that hard. And then you will know what i meant about the HUGE mark up.

It cost me €170 to get a 1 litre bottle, i used 60ml in my hair, and i have long hair and a good bit of it.

I didn't post the thread you refer to below!:D

The other thread you posted was interesting as well, one person saying that dylan bradshaw had exclusive rights, to a certain product. Unless anyone else can tell me otherwise i'm not sure i believe this. Why would a company only sell to one place in the whole country ( I know were small but come on )

sorry yeah thats not what i meant. It was also a reply on the thread, that your provided the link for. Funny enough it's a different thread on the same website where i saw it as well. Posting in every place where the 12 week blowdry is mentioned.

Yes might be cheaper than the 300 in dublin, but still way over priced.

I know what i meant even if no one else did lol....sorry again

jackira wrote: »

It cost me €170 to get a 1 litre bottle, i used 60ml in my hair, and i have long hair and a good bit of it.

how did it come out Jackira? I was thinking of doing that!

Anyone else had it done in that Salon in Mayo? I have made an appointment but dont know if I shud go through with it, dont wanna waste €120 if it wont work. Would rather buy the stuff for €170 and be able to do it for others at home!

Confused...:confused:

TillyGirl wrote: »
    how did it come out Jackira? I was thinking of doing that!

Anyone else had it done in that Salon in Mayo? I have made an appointment but dont know if I shud go through with it, dont wanna waste €120 if it wont work. Would rather buy the stuff for €170 and be able to do it for others at home!

Confused...:confused:

Well it's not been that long since i got it done, but so far so good. I've no complaints.

You might need someone to help you do it though, putting the product in is not that hard you just have to make sure you section your hair properly and work it through.

It's more difficult to blowdry and then straighten your hair, It will take you a bit longer than what they can do at the salon, but you will get there eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭lubie76

I wouldn't be surprised if the treatment in the more rural salons were of the exact same quality and standard as the city ones. Charging 200-300 euro for a treatment that should considerably less is typical of our rip off culture and is most common in the cities around the country.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I got the treatment done in a very reputable salon in London for 140 sterling. The salon is in Covent Garden so I'm sure rent and overheads are alot more expensive than in Dublin or Galway. The Keratin product applied is the same and is readily available to buy online as previous poster mentioned. The main issue is if you aren't able to apply it yourself (its a fairly tricky process IMO), how much are you willing a hairdresser to apply it? €300 in a posh city salon or €120-€150 in a smaller salon.

Oh this is getting interesting!!

Would love to get this done for my wedding next April and ideally would trial it first (would be great to do for my hols :) ) But obviously its quite an expense to do so getting it done at home would be brilliant...

So whats the name of the product and how exactly is it applied?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

i had it done in dylan bradshaws but it is now available in cork . ikon in drawbridge st. dont know about the cost if it though

got mine done in DB on monday. Washed it for the first time today OMG:eek: I am soooo happy with it, Worzel Gummage is banished for a while.

But 1 query I have short hair and its not that thick but they still charged me 250 they say it ranges from 200. Has anyone got it done for 200

here you go since a few of you have asked me about it.

http://www.straightenmyhair.com/

jackira wrote: »
    here you go since a few of you have asked me about it.

http://www.straightenmyhair.com/

Thanks Jackira, so you reckon its not impossible to do yourself? Hows your hair now :)? Am realy tempted, the half litre bottle isnt badly priced and you reckon you dont need that much..

I was just checking it out there. 54 dollars shipping is a lot, or is that just me :eek:

No not impossible but always good to have a friend to help.

The shipping seems alot but when you add it to what the salons charge you it's still a much better option.

My hair is about 5-6 inches past my shoulders, i've fine hair just an awful lot of it and 60mls was more than enought to do my hair.

Even if you needed 100mls thats 10 treatments, for $250 + $54 shipping and appox $30 taxes for inmorting it into Ireland. So thats a total of $334 which is around €230 euro.

If you went to the salon at the lower end of the price €200 for 10 treatments that would cost you €2000.

I'll pay the shipping costs anyday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hoshi

Hi girls,
    i am the one with the shop in shrule.
    Im getting a lot of calls regarding this thread here so i took the time to read it myself yesterday.i have to say i am shocked about this thread. Well i thought (till 2 days ago) that boards.ie is a technical computer board.stupid me. I learned different. I am not irish so i dont know what boards are out there in irelad,apart of 1 (a mommy board).but that is due to the fact that i have a 7 month old baby.
    Anyway.
    I thought i put some things straight here.my hubby advised me not to bother but sorry hon i feel like it.

PcAngel why are you so sad about my clients putting posts up?are you working in that business by any chance and perhaps with the same product and your agenda is putting other people down???i dont know how it works in your world but in mine it works like that:
    if clients are happy with me they tell the world and if they are not happy they tell the world also.there is prob a lot of postings wich say i am nice and i do a great job but they is also prob a lot of posts where people say that they are not happy with me.but you know what?its only naturall.i can not make everybody happy but i try.im only human to.
    I did sign up here and if you should have any problems sort them out with me and leave my clients out!!!!!
    by the way when i post things i usely copy them and paste them because im to lazy to write everything 20 times.

jackira you must work in that business to,i guess. This company sells to proffessional only (it says on the first site of theyre website). But anyway. If people get that stuff and wanna do it at home fine with me.the only thing i have to say that you can get cought at costumes.so if you add up all the things you need (the shampoo which you use before,the treatment,the shampoo and cond for after which you HAVE to use otherwise you wash it out pretty much straight away,tax,costumes,delivery....) than it is more than 170 euro. it could be messy at home and also if people get the one with the aldehyde in it could cause very bad allergic reactions if they use it the wrong way.so if you are in the business i find it very irresponsible to post such comments with doing it at home.

Aswell i do think that 120 euro (incl a bottle of shampoo and conditioner) is a fair price.

I also read here somewhere a post about exclusive rights. You can have exclusive rights to the brand NOT the product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so if any of you have any questions pm me and i`ll answer them as good as i can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Shello-Jello

Hi PcAngel and everyone else on the board

Hope your all keeping well :) I got some emails from this board this morning and my gosh was I surprised to see such a colourful discussion!! I would like to clarify a few things.

Firstly, I am not an advertising board!! I had been looking into this treatment for a long long time after doing much research on the internet. So one day myself and my friend took the plunge and went to get the 12 week blowdry treatment done at a local salon as a treat to ourselves and we were over the moon with the results. So been over the moon we decided to tell the world about such a good thing, just like anyone else would. As we both posted together, we wrote similiar texts. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but is this not part of the function of boards.ie or any board??! It's an open forum of discussion. Many others are blatantly advertising on all board, but you don't seem to bat a eyelid at this PCAngel?

Also PcAngel, if you are also so observant you would see that I replied back to anyone who asked me any questions on this board openly and honestly as someone who has experienced the treatment first hand. I would have loved to have had an opinion like this when I was thinking of going for the treatment, to answer all my questions. I just think such negativity and bad mouthing is very immature. Whats that saying "if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all!" If its a crime to tell the world about a good thing, we'd all be locked up by now!!!! :pac: :pac: :pac:
    PcAngel wrote: »
    I am very interested in getting the 12 week blow dry and I was checking sites this weekend to see what the results were like. I was amazed to come across the exact same message on other forums in Ireland. Makes me wonder can you believe what you read.:( (advertising or what?)
    I've deleted the hairsalon - I don't wish to give them anymore advertising.
    I've also added the site below to prove my point
    http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion/viewtopic.php?t=207379&sid=8c54407e24d0375e365b0b0bd5d209ae

Hi

I got the 12 week blowdry natural straigntening treatment done on my hair in a new salon in **** last weekend. I absolutely love the results! :) My hair feels so soft and healthy and has never looked in better shape. My hair is natually very thick and can be so unruley but since I've had the treatment done, it has been poker straight. It's being so easy to dry too.

Not only is it easy on my hair, but also on my pocket! biggrin.gif My treatment was only 120 euro and I have ALOT of hair! Definitely alot cheaper than those expensive prices in Dublin. eek.gif I would highly recommend it to everyone. The salon is called **** and is based in ***** The staff are lovely and very professional. I'll definitely be returning for my next treatment.

If anyone needs the number, just PM me. cool.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement