Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Paddocks, Newbridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fo.a

Hi Kadu,

I'm just working on the laminate at the moment haven't moved in yet as the furniture and etc. will be delivered 1st week of March, so will be moving in around that time.. Will ask the neighbours as I'm around everyday...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Dwestsawake

Hi, can anyone recommend a snagger? Hope to be snagging next month
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kadu1234

@tomister @fro.a, I went down a few weeks ago to the show house to get a rough idea on measurements for flooring etc, I'm going with wooden floors all the way through except stairs and landing. We probably all crossed paths in the show house and didn't even realise :)

I've delivery of some of my items for the end of March so hopefully will have keys and snagging completed at that stage.

@dwestawake I'm probably going to go with a professional snagging company

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

Hey everyone, I was down on Saturday and they’ve made some progress on the roads. Foot paths are nearing completion as well as marking out and levelling driveways for those of us facing the green
    @kadu I’d say you’re still on track, maybe a week behind max. I’ve also gone with wooden floors except stairs and landing and also have the furniture booked for end of March. Looks like we’ll all be busy taking deliveries!
    @dwestsawake I’ll be happy to recommend my snagger once he’s done mine and I’m comfortable referring him. Friends have used him and they found him great. I’m due to snag within the next 2 weeks so will PM you the details once I’ve my report

@tomister I must try get down at the weekend for a look at the progress.

I might jump on the snagger band wagon if you are happy with your guy. Will be interesting to hear how the snagging goes...if there is much to sort out.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if SIRO is available in the area and which companies could we look at?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rainbow.Brite

Hi all,

I put a deposit down on a house in 'the crescent'. I'm really hesitant to push forward with signing contracts, until I see the actual house I plan to purchase. I understand the recent bad weather has caused delays with the completion date. I'd previously been told end of March.

Is anyone in a similar position or been given any insight? I plan to meet the developer this week and will hopefully get a firm deadline. I'd also welcome any tips on key questions to ask the developer.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Asdaman

Hi all,

I put a deposit down on a house in 'the crescent'. I'm really hesitant to push forward with signing contracts, until I see the actual house I plan to purchase. I understand the recent bad weather has caused delays with the completion date. I'd previously been told end of March.

Is anyone in a similar position or been given any insight? I plan to meet the developer this week and will hopefully get a firm deadline. I'd also welcome any tips on key questions to ask the developer.

Thanks!

Has building work on your house started yet ? I was told mid March but this isnt going to happen based on what I've seen.

Asdaman wrote: »
    Has building work on your house started yet ? I was told mid March but this isnt going to happen based on what I've seen.

Yes, builidng on my house is well underway. From the outside it looks like all except for the back garden is complete, but I've no idea of the inside. Oisin (Coonan) arranged with the developers for me to see the actual house this week. It looks like quite a bit of work is needed on the street before the crescent will be completed though (perhaps that's something that can be quickly remedied)

Hey Rainbow.Brite,

Where along the Cresent are you? I’m down tomorrow for snagging (I’m on the green) but from being down last weekend I think it’s just the groundwork’s. It only took them 2 weeks to go from nothing to driveways laid and everything like landscaping done. For me it has only been the 2 week delay that they told me about and Bryan has been very helpful.
    I’ll take a look tomorrow and report back.

• Advertisement

tomister wrote: »
    Hey Rainbow.Brite,

Where along the Cresent are you? I’m down tomorrow for snagging (I’m on the green) but from being down last weekend I think it’s just the groundwork’s. It only took them 2 weeks to go from nothing to driveways laid and everything like landscaping done. For me it has only been the 2 week delay that they told me about and Bryan has been very helpful.
    I’ll take a look tomorrow and report back.

I'll be on the side facing 'the view' I can see not much work has started on their side...

Have you moved in already?

I'll be on the side facing 'the view' I can see not much work has started on their side...

Have you moved in already?

Due to close towards the end of next week. Finish on the house is really good - not much picked up on the snag at all.

Based on what I can see out my back windows numbers 1 to 9 on the Cresent are completed house wise but I can see that the gardens from numbers 6 onwards are not walled and the Air to Water outdoor units not installed from number 5 onwards.
    From my own experience they do move quite quickly with the ground works. I didn't have a back garden or a driveway at the beginning of Feb but was all done last week. What could be your biggest delay is getting the ESB. I'm not sure if they've that done on that side of the estate yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 victorcosta

Hi everyone,

Nice to meet you all.

Just booked a house in the Paddocks! Is there any other group on WhatsApp or Facebook?

My house is not ready yet. They're waiting ESB to install the electricity. Is there anyone at the same situation?

Thanks!

Hi victorcosta,

Congratulations on the house.
    Seems like everything has been at a standstill on site for the last number of weeks.
    I was on to Coonan's and they said the builders are hoping to get back on site on the 18th May.
    I'm waiting on an update on the status of my house once they are back on site and fingers crossed will have a completion date.

Kadu1234 wrote: »
    Hi victorcosta,

Seems like everything has been at a standstill on site for the last number of weeks.
    I was on to Coonan's and they said the builders are hoping to get back on site on the 18th May.
    I'm waiting on an update on the status of my house once they are back on site and fingers crossed will have a completion date.

Hey Kadu1234,

Yeah its been dead up here the last few weeks. Spoke to Tadhg last week as he was knocking around and the plan is for the 18th. The houses on the Cresent were doing well; houses 1 - 4 are pretty much done and they even have the tape and coverings off the windows etc. Houses 5 onwards are in various stages but getting there.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Asdaman

Hey Kadu1234,

Yeah its been dead up here the last few weeks. Spoke to Tadhg last week as he was knocking around and the plan is for the 18th. The houses on the Cresent were doing well; houses 1 - 4 are pretty much done and they even have the tape and coverings off the windows etc. Houses 5 onwards are in various stages but getting there.

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. When you say houses 1-4 are pretty much done, which ones are they? The ones opposite the already built houses on Morristown way?

Asdaman wrote: »
    Thanks for the update, much appreciated. When you say houses 1-4 are pretty much done, which ones are they? The ones opposite the already built houses on Morristown way?

Nope, they're behind the Green, but the two across from the Way are also completed but the walls in the garden need to be plastered. They also have power as one of the back door lights is on all the time :D

Hi Tomister,
    Thanks for the update, great to have some idea of whats happening and the status of the houses in that row. I'm waiting for the houses from 5-9 of the Cresent to be completed so fingers crossed they move quickly from next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 victorcosta

Hi victorcosta,

Thanks Kadu!

Hopefully we will be living there pretty soon. Any other groups easier than this forum? (Facebook or WhatsApp? )

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ArthurM

We also moved in recently, and if there are any WhatsUp/FB groups please do let me know :-)

• Advertisement

ArthurM wrote: »
    We also moved in recently, and if there are any WhatsUp/FB groups please do let me know :-)

Hi Arthur and Victor,
    There's a WhatsApp group but I'm not the admin my neighbour asked the admin for me so cannot add you but if you speak to your neighbours they'll probably will be able to help and add you to the group..

fo.a wrote: »
    Hi Arthur and Victor,
    There's a WhatsApp group but I'm not the admin my neighbour asked the admin for me so cannot add you but if you speak to your neighbours they'll probably will be able to help and add you to the group..

I’m on the new side of the estate so none of my neighbours are in the group. If I see anyone out when I’m walking around I’ll ask them

I’m on the new side of the estate so none of my neighbours are in the group. If I see anyone out when I’m walking around I’ll ask them

Yes just see if you can find someone, if not just let me know and I can ask in the WhatsApp group to add you guys if you PM me your numbers..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sperafix

Hello Folks
    Does anyone is waiting for 5-9 Morristown Crescent?
    The foreman told me that they are waiting ESB but I went there on the weekend and seems the only thing missing is the pavement

Hey @Sperafix,
    ESB is being connected this week. They aren't tarring that section in front of 5-9 until they have finished landscaping the front of the houses opposite. I'm booked in to do my snag list next week, have you a date for your snag?.

Hey @Sperafix,
    ESB is being connected this week. They aren't tarring that section in front of 5-9 until they have finished landscaping the front of the houses opposite. I'm booked in to do my snag list next week, have you a date for your snag?.

The foreman told me yesterday (24/06) that ESB will be in the site today(25/06), and hopefully I will do my snag next week.Bit he didn’t give me the green light yet. (They are saying to me “early next week” for a month now)

Sperafix wrote: »
    The foreman told me yesterday (24/06) that ESB will be in the site today(25/06), and hopefully I will do my snag next week.Bit he didn’t give me the green light yet. (They are saying to me “early next week” for a month now)

They tried to push out my snag from Wed 01/07 to the end of the week but told them it's already booked so they said it's ok....maybe say you have someone booked and see what they say?

They tried to push out my snag from Wed 01/07 to the end of the week but told them it's already booked so they said it's ok....maybe say you have someone booked and see what they say?

I think I will try to do this he told me early next week, so I will "assume" is the final date....

Sperafix wrote: »

ESB were on site today so hopefully that's a good sign for those waiting - usually the builders leave a light on somewhere so I'll take a look tonight.

• Advertisement

One thing to watch for on the snag is how even the floors are. I've a bit of a dip in the hall floor that wasn't rectified and there's now some give in the floorboards.
    Apart from that the house should be well finished!

Advertisement