Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-02-2020, 12:54   #91
jellybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loughc View Post
Favourite Toy you had growing up?
Any of my Polly Pockets. Endless hours of fun!!

In light of a conversation on one of my guilty pleasure programmes (90 day fiancee!)...do you believe in soulmates??
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-02-2020, 13:21   #92
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybear View Post
Any of my Polly Pockets. Endless hours of fun!!

In light of a conversation on one of my guilty pleasure programmes (90 day fiancee!)...do you believe in soulmates??
I guess I have to say the wife, don't I

Depends on what you definition of 'soulmate', do I think that two people can be very compatible and live closely together for years in relative harmony, then yes I do believe.

Do you believe in love at first sight??
(2) thanks from:
26-02-2020, 08:55   #93
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRS30 View Post
I guess I have to say the wife, don't I

Depends on what you definition of 'soulmate', do I think that two people can be very compatible and live closely together for years in relative harmony, then yes I do believe.

Do you believe in love at first sight??
I believe in an attraction at first sight, I think love comes later and is much deeper, sometimes it's a connection a shared joke or a common interest that binds love, IMO.

Favourite breakfast to have?
26-02-2020, 09:11   #94
TRS30

Quote:
I believe in an attraction at first sight, I think love comes later and is much deeper, sometimes it's a connection a shared joke or a common interest that binds love, IMO.

Favourite breakfast to have?
That was the my answer when I was tying the question!

Omelette.

Favourite guilty pleasure? (lets keep it clean folks, this is a family forum )
Thanks from:
01-03-2020, 22:46   #95
Scarinae
Hosted Moderator

HMod: ODG
Quote:
Favourite guilty pleasure? (lets keep it clean folks, this is a family forum )
I absolutely LOVE singing along to things at top volume, even if I don't know all the words. I work from home and sometimes I'll put on a playlist of 80s power ballads and bellow along to them

If you had to compete in an Olympic sport for some reason, which one would you go for? (Summer or winter Olympics)
(5) thanks from:
Advertisement
02-03-2020, 08:57   #96
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarinae View Post
I absolutely LOVE singing along to things at top volume, even if I don't know all the words. I work from home and sometimes I'll put on a playlist of 80s power ballads and bellow along to them

If you had to compete in an Olympic sport for some reason, which one would you go for? (Summer or winter Olympics)
Closet shower singer here as well!!

I would love to try the bobsleigh ever since I see Cool Running's

If you could meet one famous person who would it be and why?
(2) thanks from:
22-06-2020, 08:44   #97
Jude13

Martin Luther King, to see his view on the current situation.

What is the order of your Christmas sustenance? As in do you have a pre breakfast selection box or chocolate coins (which is completely normal by the way)
Thanks from:
22-06-2020, 11:50   #98
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude13 View Post
What is the order of your Christmas sustenance? As in do you have a pre breakfast selection box or chocolate coins (which is completely normal by the way)
Not sure if you mean Christmas Day or in general over Christmas!

I'm going to go with Christmas Day..........breakfast is usually something quick as between kids opening presents and getting ready for church (10am) not much time, last year was pancakes with jam. When we get back, some of the guest come with us so will start on the snacks, peanuts, pringles etc. with some craft beers.

Lunch starter are usually brown bread with salmon & melon with Parma ham, break then for a bit to open presents. Main course is traditional, turkey and all the extras. Another break to open more presents, desert is again traditional, mince pies, Christmas pudding, ice cream, whipped cream & pouring cream!

As we mightn't have desert till say 6pm, it usually just crackers and cheese then around 9pm and more mice pies, turkey sandwich is anyone really hungry. Chocolate's from then on.

Beverages is wine through out the day after the beers and then some Baileys and ice in the evening.

If Christmas could be any other time of the year, which would you choose and why?
(3) thanks from:
22-06-2020, 12:29   #99
CheerLouth

Quote:
If Christmas could be any other time of the year, which would you choose and why?
Summer! I always think it's a shame for the kids who get bikes and outdoor toys off Santy to not be able to get out and properly enjoy them! Would also be nice to sit outdoors and enjoy our after-dinner drinks al fresco
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
22-06-2020, 14:50   #100
TRS30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerLouth View Post
Summer! I always think it's a shame for the kids who get bikes and outdoor toys off Santy to not be able to get out and properly enjoy them! Would also be nice to sit outdoors and enjoy our after-dinner drinks al fresco
Can see the appeal alright. Had one Christmas when I was much younger in Australia, BBQ for Christmas Day, drinking outside in shorts etc. Was very different obviously.

ps..cough.....no question....cough
Thanks from:
22-06-2020, 15:59   #101
CheerLouth

Quote:
Can see the appeal alright. Had one Christmas when I was much younger in Australia, BBQ for Christmas Day, drinking outside in shorts etc. Was very different obviously.

ps..cough.....no question....cough
Whoops!

If you could celebrate Christmas anywhere in the world (apart from at home), where would you go?
22-06-2020, 18:54   #102
freshpopcorn

Quote:
Whoops!

If you could celebrate Christmas anywhere in the world (apart from at home), where would you go?
I think I'd like to do somewhere to see the Nothern Lights (Maybe Lapland)
I'd like to go to New York for the New Year tough.

What was your biggest Christmas disaster?
(3) thanks from:
27-06-2020, 13:40   #103
Loughc

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshpopcorn View Post
I think I'd like to do somewhere to see the Nothern Lights (Maybe Lapland)
I'd like to go to New York for the New Year tough.

What was your biggest Christmas disaster?
The only time we’ve hosted Christmas dinner our guests showed up late and extremely hungover.

They weren’t up for anything post dinner.

Did you ever think you heard Santa on Christmas morning?
Thanks from:
27-06-2020, 16:23   #104
CheerLouth

Quote:
The only time we’ve hosted Christmas dinner our guests showed up late and extremely hungover.

They weren’t up for anything post dinner.

Did you ever think you heard Santa on Christmas morning?
That is scandalous - I'd have been fit to be tied!

No, but my mam used to tell us fantastic stories about her seeing Santa as a kid, you know the type where you can actually imagine being in the room with her and seeing him yourself! They were my favourite stories as kids!

And on that note, favourite Christmas Story/Book?
(2) thanks from:
27-06-2020, 19:30   #105
DvB

Quote:
That is scandalous - I'd have been fit to be tied!

No, but my mam used to tell us fantastic stories about her seeing Santa as a kid, you know the type where you can actually imagine being in the room with her and seeing him yourself! They were my favourite stories as kids!

And on that note, favourite Christmas Story/Book?
The night before Christmas. Got a card version of it for the kids a couple of years ago and make a point of reading it every year on Christmas eve for them.

How soon is too soon to have a tipple of the alcoholic variety on Christmas day?
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion