Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What jobs get what salary?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

biko wrote: »

I’d love to know how they come to those figures. I managed a team of Maitenance technicians who were all on 60-80k a year. That list says 35k

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I get give or take, it works out at about with expenses 140,000 a year and I pay 30.3% tax on that, so it’s about a net 100,000 and out of that 100,000 I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime…

One of the best ever I’ve seen on Boards, brilliant, still pi**** myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Sheehan123 wrote: »
    So by googling online, I’m finding that the average salary for many professions is 40k ish. I know this can’t be true though as that’s what teachers get soon after starting off and their pay is considered ‘bad’. So if you’d like to answer some of these questions I’d be so grateful:
    What’s your job and what salary do you have after how many years experience?
    How many hours a week do you work and how many weeks holiday do you get?
    Also what degree did you do to secure that job?
    Thanks a million for the response :)

Do you work in our HR department by any chance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

So by googling online, I’m finding that the average salary for many professions is 40k ish. I know this can’t be true though as that’s what teachers get soon after starting off and their pay is considered ‘bad’. :)

Teachers start on 36,953.

Few of them start on full-hours.

Many spend years on part hours.

Their pay is not considered bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

12th year as a primary school teacher and I currently get paid €36,556 net income a year.

Wages are always quoted gross.

The 12th point on the scale is 51,312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Sheehan123

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    Work as a technical sales engineer and have a degree.

I work 8 to 4.30 Monday to Friday.

Base pay is 45k but I get decent bonuses so come out with around 60-70k a year depending on company performance.

I'm coming up on 4 years in this line of work, 29 years old.

Fair play! Hopefully I'll be following that one day lol

Geuze wrote: »
    Wages are always quoted gross.

The 12th point on the scale is 51,312

Ah yes thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Job: CEO at Full time mad bastard
    Salary: nun of ur bizness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Geuze wrote: »
    Teachers start on 36,953.

Few of them start on full-hours.

Many spend years on part hours.

Their pay is not considered bad.

Are you talking about primary or secondary teachers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Studied Mathematics in Trinity. Working as a daily rate contractor in Software Engineering for the last few years. Salary has always been €450-€550 per day.
    Brian? wrote: »
    I’d love to know how they come to those figures. I managed a team of Maitenance technicians who were all on 60-80k a year. That list says 35k

€35K, excluding OT and bonus payments, is accurate for that role.

• Advertisement

jmayo wrote: »
    Do you work in our HR department by any chance ?

Nope! I'm actually a student in college right now

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Iwantone

I work in IT Sales, doing it 20+ years. I work at the higher end of the spectrum chasing deals worth €500k +. Wouldn’t be on the radar if the deal was under €50k. You’d be expected to pull in €5M + a year in new business.

Basic Salary 96K OTE 155K, car allowance 12k pa + 4K for family healthcare and 5% employer pension contribution. Mobile phone paid for etc.

It’s a tough number but I’ve made 180/190k some years and you could be nearly losing your job other years.

The stress of it all isn’t for everyone and it’s not for me but it’s all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Bob Harris wrote: »
    I get give or take, it works out at about with expenses 140,000 a year and I pay 30.3% tax on that, so it’s about a net 100,000 and out of that 100,000 I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime…

I presume you do work for the EU (politics or something) but that's a pretty decent wage to be honest.

EDIT : Actually saw that it was a joke of some sort so ignore..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Cina wrote: »
    I would imagine Dublin and to a lesser extent Cork skew that though. There's a big disparity in salaries between them and the rest of the country.

Funnily enough for many professions there isn't as big of a gap as you would think. In my profession - Consultant Engineer - there is a difference of a few k between Dublin and Cork , but nowhere near enough to cover the difference in housing costs, commuting times etc. And similarly if someone from Cork was to take a job in Waterford, Limerick or Tipperary there would not be much of a difference in salary at all, but house prices could vary significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Berserker wrote: »
    Studied Mathematics in Trinity. Working as a daily rate contractor in Software Engineering for the last few years. Salary has always been €450-€550 per day.

Can I ask what tech you are using? I’m a JavaScript developer with 14 months experience under my belt. I’d love to try contracting in a few years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Berserker wrote: »

Then it’s not accurate to be fair. If your wage is base+shift+OT+bonus. That’s what your paid for the role, most MTs would be on shift in my experience.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Analyst 245K

Analyst 245K

Data analyst? I think that’s something I could get into with my degree. How many weeks vacation would you get on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Iwantone

One thing that always amazes me when I see threads like this is how little Teachers earn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

43k, BA in management but only a level 5 in my current area, IT.
    My last job was brilliant pay but the pressure and lifestyle was horrible, would have been an early grave.
    Moved into IT in Mayo, zero stress, loads of perks, no commute, very cheap housing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Data analyst? I think that’s something I could get into with my degree. How many weeks vacation would you get on that?

Kind of. 7 weeks.

It's difficult to plan a route into high paying jobs. Its more about playing the hand you have and to make moves at the right time when the right opportunity comes.
    In 5-10 years time the situation could be very different.

• Site Banned Posts: 2 DannyInVitro

So by googling online, I’m finding that the average salary for many professions is 40k ish. I know this can’t be true though as that’s what teachers get soon after starting off and their pay is considered ‘bad’. So if you’d like to answer some of these questions I’d be so grateful:

Software engineer for a large multinational here. Base salary is 95k. Studied CS to degree level.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭HamSarris

OP the average salary on this thread is 91k so don't settle for anything less at your next interview.

Also just to let you know of other averages on boards:

Height: 6" 8'
    Endowment: 11.4 inches
    Previous sexual partners: 73

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

HamSarris wrote: »
    OP the average salary on this thread is 91k so don't settle for anything less at your next interview.

Also just to let you know of other averages on boards:

Height: 6" 8'
    Endowment: 11.4 inches
    Previous sexual partners: 73

With Tinder the 73 part prob will be true soon enough

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Christ! It looks like I pay more tax than the lot of you earn gross (in aggregate)

Oh, and I'm an Engineer.....

....A Financial Engineer;)

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭ImANoob08

Fair play! Hopefully I'll be following that one day lol

What are you studying?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hardware Engineer
    About 70k with bonuses
    7 years experience
    Hons degree in applied electronics
    30 days holidays

ImANoob08 wrote: »
    What are you studying?

Maths science but I’ll branch into financial maths and actuarial science next year. Apparently a lot of data sciences come out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Don Joe

I'm essentially a jumped up draftsman with an engineering consultant. 53K. No engineering qualification.

In the drafting side of construction for 9 of the last 12 years.

2007 - 18K
    2008 - 23K
    2011 - Job bridge
    2012 - 28K
    2013 - 30K
    2014 - 33K
    2015 - 40K
    2016 - 42K
    2017 - 48K
    2018 - 50K
    2019 - 53K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm a data analyst and I get 42k. 6 years experience. I hate my job as a result.

Advertisement