Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fake tan for very pale skin

• 07-02-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi have not generally worn it. I'm typically a very pale white Irish skin tone. Dyed red hair. Can anyone suggest anything in a bottle from Boots? Ideally not expensive that would just give me a hint of colour?.
    Thanks
    S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Have you tried the Dove gradual tanner?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Tan organic maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭whatever76

GingerLily wrote: »
    Have you tried the Dove gradual tanner?

+ 1 to this ; fab product and nearly always half price in Dunnes/Tesco etc ! Used and tried alot over the years and now just using this one as easiest and best for my pale Irish skin tone !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

whatever76 wrote: »
    + 1 to this ; fab product and nearly always half price in Dunnes/Tesco etc ! Used and tried alot over the years and now just using this one as easiest and best for my pale Irish skin tone !

Another +1 for this.

Its always half price somewhere so shouldnt cost you more than €5, and its nice for just taking away that blue/grey tone that irish skin can get in winter.

Its also great because its actually quite hard to make a mess with it. Certain fake tan products are very hard to work with, but the Dove gradual tanner is basically like a moisturiser and even when I've thrown it on in a rush, I've never ended up streaky or with orange hands or any of the typical tan disasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MommaSarah

I've tried Tan Organic some time ago (I haven't been wearing fake tan for years) and was pleased with the result, although when I tried Dripping Gold (I must admit I got influenced by all these beauty bloggers on insta) I realised that Tan Organic was making my skin look orangey. Now I'm using the Dripping Gold face mist (penney's) and it's not developing as dark as the mousse, but it's giving me the hint of colour, so it might work for you? It's also quick to apply which is why I was tempted to try it out - just a few spritzes before going to bed and I'm sorted (I'm not bothered doing full body atm).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ONgUQ-BfMM

I find this stuff is good for a nice pale colour ( B.Tan Aint Nobody Got Time for Dat! Pre-Shower 9 Minute Tan Mousse) - I picked up a few bottles in clearance in Penney's for a fiver but its only about a tenner.

I even find it a little bit pale for me as in I'd need to put some instant over on my arms etc but would rather that than be too orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

For a gradual tanning moisturiser try Palmer's Cocoa Butter range one, I'm using a Coconut one and it's fab, I prefer it to the Dove as it smells much nicer and is a browner tone, it looks really natural. Quite cheap as well, definitely under a tenner!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The Cool wrote: »
    For a gradual tanning moisturiser try Palmer's Cocoa Butter range one, I'm using a Coconut one and it's fab, I prefer it to the Dove as it smells much nicer and is a browner tone, it looks really natural. Quite cheap as well, definitely under a tenner!

I got this yesterday as I'd had bad times with the Dove one before! It smells divine, and fairly happy with the application and colour. Will do another layer tonight. Thanks for the rec!

Advertisement