Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gift for Groomsmen and Best Man

Options
  • 21-02-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all,

Just aquick one. I'm getting married in June. I have 3 groomsmen and a best man. The wedding is out foreign and we are paying for all their accom at the venue the night of the wedding...also paying for the suits obviously.

I was just wondering what would be a good gift for the groomsmen. I cant get hip flasks or whiskey as one of them doesn't drink. I was thinking of maybe some nice cologne and cufflinks?

Anyone received anything really cool ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

All inclusive holiday for 4 to the Bahamas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Cufflinks of initials is one I've received previously which went down pretty well. I received a watch for being best man which was great and it's suited to the wedding suit. I don't think anything excessive is called for, particulary if you're buying the suits but it is nice to mark it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 newrecruit2

Thanks for the suggestions, I'd like to go with the watches but at minimum 150 euro each that'd be 600 plus the accom is 150 a night so will seriously add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Thanks for the suggestions, I'd like to go with the watches but at minimum 150 euro each that'd be 600 plus the accom is 150 a night so will seriously add up.

I meant watch for the best man only, otherwise you'd be mad!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

A little package with socks, tie pin and cuff links is nice. It's the thought more than anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

If you are thinking cologne - having a look here is worthwhile for something a bit out of the ordinary/luxury!

Fragrance Splits

I did little packages for my lads and the splits went down a treat

Advertisement