Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 26 Transfer Thread - Party's Over

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Positive comments from Wilder here:
    https://www.sheffieldunited.news/news/john-lundstram-wins-the-praise-of-chris-wilder-despite-impressive-berge-debut/

Could be a bit of rotation but Lundstram seems to have responded well to the challenge anyway - might give him one more week and ship out Kelly for Boly instead.

That article hints at something I heard on podcast during week that worried me though
    He is making big contract demands which has not gone down well with Wilder.......either way it now seems getting a full 60 minutes out of him for their upcoming run which should include a few clean sheets is going to be a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

The heart says Kun but the head says plan for the blank as I already have kdb
    Will probably do Kelly to one of the Sheffield defenders so that I have a playing defensive sub now that he's lost his place

The heart says Kun but the head says plan for the blank as I already have kdb
    Will probably do Kelly to one of the Sheffield defenders so that I have a playing defensive sub now that he's lost his place

They also have that blank though
    I might also have to do a boring defensive sub too
    Although I am getting increasingly tempted by firmino
    Worries about rotation though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

km79 wrote: »
    They also have that blank though
    I might also have to do a boring defensive sub too
    Although I am getting increasingly tempted by firmino
    Worries about rotation though

Arg, brain fart, cheers for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Two free transfers. Thinking Mane and Vardy out for Son and Firmino. Selling Vardy is scary though.

• Advertisement

Sterling hamstring
    Improves Mahrez chances of starting next weekend after his nightmare today!

NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

I think I am going to stick with my original idea of Mahrez and Vardy to Traore and Kun.

I think Kun will be back for West Ham given the two week break after, and despite Sterling's injury Mahrez may well be dropped.

It would not surprise me to see a front 3 of Kun, Jesus and Bilva/KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

NO IDEA WHAT TO DO

This!

Was heading to the WC thread at 2pm yesterday but, despite only having 3 players score more than 3 points, I still haven’t hit the button.

Basically, I’m not sure what I’d change. If Vardy and Mane are fit my team looks ok, if not great, for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think I am going to stick with my original idea of Mahrez and Vardy to Traore and Kun.

I think Kun will be back for West Ham given the two week break after, and despite Sterling's injury Mahrez may well be dropped.

It would not surprise me to see a front 3 of Kun, Jesus and Bilva/KDB.

I tend to agree with your predicted front three and am worried about Mahrez.
    Planned on keeping Vardy (and Mane). Have 2fts.

My bus team looks ok with home games for Ryan, Stephens and Holgate this week but it might finally be time to get in some type of Sheffield United defensive representation.

So no idea what to do yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Noble to one of Traore or Barnes. Slipping down the rankings over the last few GWs so leaning towards Barnes as a differential at 1.3% ownership (v Traores 21.1%)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mahrez out for Son. I think I've gotten the best out of Mahrez and a team with him, KdB and Kun just seems like overkill, especially with GW 28 on the horizon.
    Also need to drop Grealish for Adama on a hit as an enabler but that's OK given their respective fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Team is a mess prob should wildcard but gonna sit tight bring Ings in for maupay (worst buy ever) and wait how the next 2 weeks pans out. I was gonna bring pope out 3 weeks ago the he has produced so sometimes better to be patient.

Just watching MOTD now whilst also looking at WC team
    Grealish was excellent again
    May as well hold off now and go with Aguero as planned
    That will leave me with 3 city 2 sheff united 1 villa and kelly most likely with no game in 28
    So I will surely WC next week......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Problem with Grealish is that he’s got no one to assist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Anyone thinking of getting Bergwijn? Might replace Maddison with him, his forms gone down the toilet

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Problem with Grealish is that he’s got no one to assist

He will prob go for me after the spurs game BUT if he wasn't blanking in 28 I would keep him. Really struggling to see alternatives at that price

Just watching MOTD now whilst also looking at WC team
    Grealish was excellent again
    May as well hold off now and go with Aguero as planned
    That will leave me with 3 city 2 sheff united 1 villa and kelly most likely with no game in 28
    So I will surely WC next week......

Have you BBed?
    If not do you see a chance in GW26 or GW27 if you forego Kun and take one hit max?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He will prob go for me after the spurs game BUT if he wasn't blanking in 28 I would keep him. Really struggling to see alternatives at that price

Only one I might be interested in is Harvey Barnes. Just had a look there, Grealish will only blank in 31 too if Newcastle win their next 2 Cup games. We'll know on Tuesday if they win the first one. If they get knocked I'll probably just bench him for 28.

Only one I might be interested in is Harvey Barnes. Just had a look there, Grealish will only blank in 31 too if Newcastle win their next 2 Cup games. We'll know on Tuesday if they win the first one. If they get knocked I'll probably just bench him for 28.

Exactly my thoughts

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Have you BBed?
    If not do you see a chance in GW26 or GW27 if you forego Kun and take one hit max?

Already played it which is why I don’t really need to hold WC too long
    I think I’m going to use WC and transfers to navigate the blanks and then FH for big DGW
    I’ll have 3 Liverpool when I WC too and will play them every week even if they don’t have a DGW........unless they keep progressing in Europe which will then be a huge headache
    If they get knocked out then that makes things a whole lot easier
    Pep is already talking about the league in terms of next season so I am now even questioning holding KDB
    Tempted to get mane back in with salah !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pep is already talking about the league in terms of next season so I am now even questioning holding KDB

Hmm this is interesting...Mané could be a big differential in 28 as a lot will have either sold him or switched to double defence. Hmm...

Hmm this is interesting...Mané could be a big differential in 28 as a lot will have either sold him or switched to double defence. Hmm...

Oh look who Liverpool have at home gw27...........yes indeed
    I see a plan coming together
    Pool could go all out to wrap up the league during that run of games
    And cash is no issue really
    In fact I could prob even keep KDB too as I’ll be selling aguero and whenever I look for mid priced mids I just don’t see any I really trust
    I’ll just see how a team with mane salah KDB
    And frontline of Jiminez Vardy Ings looks so.......

Already played it which is why I don’t really need to hold WC too long
    I think I’m going to use WC and transfers to navigate the blanks and then FH for big DGW
    I’ll have 3 Liverpool when I WC too and will play them every week even if they don’t have a DGW........unless they keep progressing in Europe which will then be a huge headache
    If they get knocked out then that makes things a whole lot easier

OK I was pretty sure you had: it's in my thoughts to BB before WC.
    I just can't crystalize the plan in my head yet. Ryan and Webster are pissing me off and I haven't had a SHU defender all season.

FPL wise I want Liverpool out of the FA Cup. Lack of doubles will tempt players to ditch them perhaps. Going out of CL will take the edge/attraction off Pool assets and we have to wait for GW30 for that!

I'll go check Busts squad. I think he mentioned BB soon.

Hendo in for Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Anyone thinking of getting Bergwijn? Might replace Maddison with him, his forms gone down the toilet

Didn't realise he was in as a midfielder, thats very interesting

Green&Red wrote: »
    Didn't realise he was in as a midfielder, thats very interesting

Can't decide between him and Son. Have 6.5m itb.
    Considering upgrading fodder Douglas.L to Son and going 3-5-2.

Or take a hit and go Maddison to Bergwijn, Greenwood to Auba/Firmino. 3-4-3.

Current team
    Henderson
    Lundy Soy Robertson Rico Kelly
    Maddison KdB Salah Traore Douglas.L
    Vardy Greenwood Ings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Which, if either, are worth the -4 this week?
    A. Vardy to Firmino
    B. Soyuncu to Gomez
    C. Neither

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

A. Vardy to Firmino
    B. Soyuncu to Gomez
    C. Neither

Is Vardy out for the next game? If not then C.

• Advertisement

A. Vardy to Firmino
    B. Soyuncu to Gomez
    C. Neither

Long-term I'd be tempted by B. Depends on the rest if your team.

Advertisement