Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Least favourite pro golfer

• 28-01-2020 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Matt Kuchar,Phil Mickleson,Sergio.:-) CHEERS!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

More than just their reputation on and off the course for me. Even if Garcia and Reed are plonkers, I like watching both of them play.
    Kuchar, on the other hand, is a bore to watch. Effective but ugly swing and just plods his way around with that goofy grin of his. Vexing.

Woody Austin has to be one of the most miserable sods to have ever played the game. Bryson is hard work as well, so desperately slow and totally oblivious to everything despite his apparently impressive iq.

Maybe Justin Rose as well. He looks so perfect over the ball but it's all a bit wooden imo. Especially when hes putting. Maybe it's envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Keegan Bradley, JB Holmes, Kucher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

More than just their reputation on and off the course for me. Even if Garcia and Reed are plonkers, I like watching both of them play.
    Kuchar, on the other hand, is a bore to watch. Effective but ugly swing and just plods his way around with that goofy grin of his. Vexing.

Woody Austin has to be one of the most miserable sods to have ever played the game. Bryson is hard work as well, so desperately slow and totally oblivious to everything despite his apparently impressive iq.

Maybe Justin Rose as well. He looks so perfect over the ball but it's all a bit wooden imo. Especially when hes putting. Maybe it's envy.

https://twitter.com/Skratch/status/1177224666689224704?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

dan_ep82 wrote: »

That video is why he sprung to mind tbh. So painfully unfunny more than anything else. Those at Skratch Golf are better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

That video is why he sprung to mind tbh. So painfully unfunny more than anything else. Those at Skratch Golf are better than this.
    Different sense of humor,I never watched him play but got a giggle out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭basillarkin

de chanbeau, woods, garcia, reed

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

On the European tour
    Joost luiten.
    Marcel sim.
    Erik van rooyen

Pga tour.
    Patrick Reed.
    Phil
    Rory sabbatini

Sergio over the last few years has been pretty dislikeable. Bryson is on shaky ground for me at the min and Kuchar after the story about the caddy.

Kuchar
    Bryson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Reed is so heel you'd almost like him, because you know and I know and especially he knows that he's an ass.

Brooks Koepka. His arrogance is often deserved, but he's so painfully boring to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Kuchar and Phil.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

All the slow ones. And the cheats obvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I followed Sergio for several holes the Friday of the Irish Open in Royal County Down. Seeing him up close and personal that day, I was shocked with what a petulant, ignorant, man baby he was. F*cking and blinding, throwing clubs, spitting and being generally disrespectful to other players - he behaved like a complete asshole. He wasn't playing well and missed the cut, but there were many other players we watched who missed the cut that day who were able to behave like adults.

Ever since then, I root against him when he's in contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

A few
    Darren Clarke (smile for camera merchant, saw first hand how he treats unpaid volunteers and it aint pretty)
    Sergio (for all that the last poster highlighted)
    Patrick Reed (just hate cheats)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭pakman

Kuchar annoys me, even just seeing his Lurch looking head.

Reed is also up there but watching him play well in spite of so many people hating him makes me root for him some times. I inevitably want him to lose on the 18th though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭castor 1

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I followed Sergio for several holes the Friday of the Irish Open in Royal County Down. Seeing him up close and personal that day, I was shocked with what a petulant, ignorant, man baby he was. F*cking and blinding, throwing clubs, spitting and being generally disrespectful to other players - he behaved like a complete asshole. He wasn't playing well and missed the cut, but there were many other players we watched who missed the cut that day who were able to behave like adults.

Ever since then, I root against him when he's in contention.

Saw him there also. It was funny after a bad shot seeing him continually trying to ram the club back into the bag, the wrong way around - in a temper.

We don't see the half of it on TV !

It's a difficult game but sometimes they don't make it easy for themselves by their behaviour

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Patrick Reed, Bryson De Chambles, and of course Figjam.

p.s. Tiger Woods too. Not a good person.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sergio and Hatton, I can live with other's failings.
    Bryson is strange but respect to him and his experimental nature but I do remember the entire crowd cringing when he was putting last year at The Open, I did not realise his stance extended to his putting

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭castor 1

Sergio - irritates and annoys me but was still happy to see him win The Masters
    Rose - no good reason, seems like a very decent person
    Bryson - childish petulent behaviour several times last year
    Thomas Pieters - always looks surly
    J.B. Holmes - his slow play shouldn't be indulged
    Dylan Fritelli - pushing the boundaries beyond reasonable to get free drop when playing with Lowry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭willabur

pound for pound it has to be up there with the sports with the least likeable personalities. The greatest player of all time is a deeply unlikeable person with a long documented record of treating people like dirt. Yet when he twirls an iron and starts walking before the ball is even on the dancefloor is one of the iconic things in modern day sports

Aside from the great (unpleasant)one, I really dislike Hatton, just the way he goes on when he screws up.
    Matt Wallace comes across as a complete prick
    Bryson and Reed are almost caricatures at this stage. Kuchar for the caddie episode alone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Darren Clarke
    McDowell
    Sergio
    Poulter
    Kucher

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Kucher
    Reed
    McIlroy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

Tiger Woods
    Vijay Singh
    Jhonattan Vegas
    Harold Varner III

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Sergio.. for all the reasons outlined above. Watched him at Mount Juliet years ago paired with Harrington I think and he was quite disrespectful I thought to Harrington. Before they kissed and made up..

Monty.. very surly on the course whenever I saw him, too full of himself and lacking in self-awareness when interviewed. Example: was watching a doc on the 2004 Ryder Cup last night and he was recounting the 4ball/4somes matches. His partner was Harrington but you'd swear he was playing the Yanks on his own. It was all about Monty..

DeChambea - way too slow

Clarke - for reasons above, not a likeable character..

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭rooney30

Tiger Woods
    Vijay Singh
    Jhonattan Vegas
    Harold Varner III

You jest, i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭rooney30

Matt Wallace and Tyrell Hatton on the European tour

Kuchar, Jb and Bryson on the pga

Rose is a curious one, hard to putt a finger on what i dislike about him , but i kind of dislike him anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sipper

Kevin Morris

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Dbu

Sipper wrote: »
    Kevin Morris
    LOL, I see where you are coming from:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,736 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Golf is strange , so many players you don't like, but then you are happy for them when they win their major .

Examples, Sergio , Clarke , Rose.

Met Sergio once and you felt like giving him a slap. You would give your right nut to have his life, but he was going around as if the world was against him.

I actually like Reed , hard cheating, but golf needs characters, so fairly disappointing at this point.

In theory Harington being slow I shouldn't like, but I'll put my hands up and say if Irish you get a massive pass with me.

I hate the slow players , take your pick.

I love Tiger as a golfer, but he is a pr@#k.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭xgronkjabv6pcl

Love/Hate with Bryson, at a distance I applaud the effort to approach the game in such an analytical fashion to maximise his ability.
    However, he's painful to watch at times.

Hard to like Kuchar after a few pretty questionable instances such as the ball plugging efforts on the fairway too.

Advertisement