Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Phone in pocket in exam

• 09-12-2019 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Well lads, fairly self explanatory there. Had my phone in pocket during an exam, one of the invigilators saw it in my pocket and took it off of me, I have a meeting now during the week with the UL advocate and was just wondering has anyone been through the process before?

Obviously it was a totally braindead thing to do, and I take full responsibility, but I genuinely had no intention to cheat. I've never once used the bathroom in an exam or anything like that. I just didn't have my bag with me and didn't want to leave my phone outside of the exam hall. It was only about 15 minutes into the exam so even if it had been my intention (which again, it wasn't!!) to cheat, I literally couldn't possibly have. Also, I had it in the pocket of my trackpants, I wasn't wearing a jacket and hiding it on the inside pocket or anything like that.

Regardless, does anyone know what happens now in the meeting? What's the best way to go about it even? The invigilator who took it off of me was lovely in fairness, she said she'd found maybe 30 in the last 2 years she'd been invigilating, and that not once was she required to give evidence or anything along those lines. I'm just bricking it now and I've more exams to come! Can anyone advise me further at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Happened in 2 of my exams this semester so far. Nothing came of either of them. They went over to main building when told and were just given their phone back, you should be fine so long as it was actually in your pocket when it was found and not in your hand and your paper wasn't marked for leaving for toilet or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

The rules are pretty clear to all, why should you be any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Stanford wrote: »
    The rules are pretty clear to all, why should you be any different?

Because people make stupid oversights without the addition exam stress. It's a simple thing to forget you've a phone in your pocket.

Advertisement