Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

R.I.P. Black Dog

• 27-08-2019 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

From the UL Facebook page:
    Yesterday on #InternationalDogDay we learned the sad news that regular visitor to the campus 'Sheeba', who was often referred to as UL's Black Dog, passed away recently.

What are your memories of Black Dog? I just had staring matches with her as she sat outside the library and fed her the ends of boxes of wedges people left around, but it seems like everyone has a story about how Black Dog made UL a bit more enjoyable for them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭njd2010

From the UL Facebook page:

What are your memories of Black Dog? I just had staring matches with her as she sat outside the library and fed her the ends of boxes of wedges people left around, but it seems like everyone has a story about how Black Dog made UL a bit more enjoyable for them.

I graduated from UL several years ago, and just saw this post randomly pop up on the boards home page.

Library dog was a good dog. I went through a tough time in college and seeing her outside the library always brightened my day.

May she enjoy unlimited pets and the finest bits of chicken rolls in the doggie afterlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Blazedup

She was no stranger to my chicken roll.

Advertisement