Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SUSI and registration

• 07-09-2018 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

I was awarded a 100% SUSI grant + maintenance.

When I entered my reference number in the financials part of registration it only took the 3,000 student contribution off my bill and left me with the tuition fees. I am eligible for the free fees scheme but as far as I know SUSI can't go any further with that until they recieve confirmation from the course that I'm registered etc. which I can't do with these outstanding fees.

Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭5tuck

So you need to pay the outstanding tuition fees in order to get a letter from the college, and then when they receive it SUSI will reimburse you?

Sounds like a similar situation to myself, I'm still waiting on documentation to send to them though. Do you know how long it took for them to get back to you after you sent them your documents? Its getting too close for comfort now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 caipin

It seems that that's the case but I don't have an extra 4k lying around while waiting for them to reimburse me. I got my application decision about a month after I submitted the documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Call into the academic registry. This is definitely a mistake. I'm on the full SUSI grant as well and I never had to pay and get reimbursed last year. That said, this year it's saying I'm granted the full grant but it still asks me to pay the 3,000. It's definitely just a system error that it's not taking the 3,000 out.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭DeeAvery

As already said contact acidemic registry. I have met loads of people this year who have had registration problems. Way more then normal. It’s the majority of people. They have known for a long time that they were starting two weeks earlier this year so I don’t know why they are in so much chaos lol. I had the glitch with mine that even though I put in my SUSI info and it said on my bill I had 100% of the contribution it was still asking me to pay it. I contacted acidemic registry and they fixed it. The first staff member couldn’t do it be the second staff member I got fixed it immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭matchboxyouth

I've just seen in this thread that there are a number of you on full SUSI grants (fees and maintenance), so I said I would ask a question. I got a letter from SUSI today. I've been awarded fees but not maintenance.

The letter I received is in three parts and in the third part it shows that they have added my household total assessed income as €21159, which is under the €23000 limit.
    The course I have been offered a place on is in Cork, 180km from my home address; and I am considered a mature dependant. As my father passed away in 2013 they were calculating only my mothers income and she has been on invalidity pension all of 2018. I was on the BTEA and JA for 2018 and was full time in college.(level 8)

The course is a masters (level 9) and I hold no other postgraduate degree. Has there been a mistake somewhere? From all I've read online about the requirements to qualify for a maintenance grant I was pretty certain that I did qualify, so was surprised and disappointed to see no mention at all.
    Is there a possibility that I will be receive another letter for the maintenance or does this look like something I should start appealing asap?

• Advertisement
Advertisement