Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**First Years 2013-2014**

Options
  • 03-04-2013 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hiya, I'm starting at Nuig in September just wanted to get to know some other people that are starting too.
    Just leave a little bit about yourself. (where you're from, what you intend to study, music taste etc.)
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matthew2008

how do you know you got in?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 fastfuse95

how do you know you got in?

I deferred my place from last year

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matthew2008

oh cool, thought i might have missed a trick there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

There is a similar thread to this sticky'd at the top of this forum, but I still think it's a neat idea for the young'uns coming into first year. Where are you from OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Ah Jesus, not that time of year again already..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 bob21ennis

22 coming in from the access course in Nuig from ennis haha

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭TheAlkaline

I have to say that I went to NUIG for first time last saturday for the open day. And I got a bit disappointed by the way the campus looks like, i was expecting it to be really nice, clean and modern looking. Unfortunately it wasn't as good and it gave me the bad first impression. I was really looking forward to going into NUIG. Thank god few minutes I seen these lads throwing shoes at each other and telling me how stoned they are. That had the final and positive impact on my decision whether I want to go NUIG or not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I have to say that I went to NUIG for first time last saturday for the open day. And I got a bit disappointed by the way the campus looks like, i was expecting it to be really nice, clean and modern looking. Unfortunately it wasn't as good and it gave me the bad first impression. I was really looking forward to going into NUIG. Thank god few minutes I seen these lads throwing shoes at each other and telling me how stoned they are. That had the final and positive impact on my decision whether I want to go NUIG or not :D

Were you all over the campus? Personally I like the concourse and the engineering building is cool as flip! As well as that ya gotta love the Quad, although I've only been there once :p It's got that Hogwarts vibe!

Stoned fellas throwin shoes..can't say I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing that before, not to be missed I'd say!

Were you all over the campus? Personally I like the concourse and the engineering building is cool as flip! As well as that ya gotta love the Quad, although I've only been there once :p It's got that Hogwarts vibe!

Stoned fellas throwin shoes..can't say I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing that before, not to be missed I'd say!

Yeah I have been all over the campus, maybe its just me that was expecting too much from it.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 36 MusicChick94Xx

I'm hopefully going there in september :D want to do arts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭mulciber

I'm thinking of doing computer science in NUIG. Anyone else doing it? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

My top choice is Arts with Creative Writing. Followed by Arts with Journalism, Arts with Human Rights and then the basic arts course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

I plan on doing Comp Sci too!

If I could ever figure out what the Room Share Std No means on the Corrib form:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I wish I was going, have to defer for two years to get the grant :(

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

Arts 2013 :D Any irish speakers here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭ciano1

nil2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FelixDSantos

mulciber wrote: »
    I'm thinking of doing computer science in NUIG. Anyone else doing it? =)

I'm doing computer science aswell..

I'm trying to apply for accomodation .. but i don't know what to put for "Room Share 1 Std No" .. can anybody tell me what it is please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭AndyMc

Tis all right mate. I found out what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭MissD93

Anyone for commerce :D

MissD93 wrote: »
    Anyone for commerce :D

Right here mate! haha
    Still looking to get enough points from my LC :D So good so far :cool:

• Advertisement

Right here mate! haha
    Still looking to get enough points from my LC :D So good so far :cool:

same :D its 340 so its manageable enough

Yeah I just finished my revision, should be able to get these points!

Have yous all got accomodation sorted or are yous just gonna randomly find somewhere to rent ? :P

NellyDean wrote: »
    Have yous all got accomodation sorted or are yous just gonna randomly find somewhere to rent ? :P

Once I know that I will get in then I will look for some student accomodation

i'm undecided :confused: renting off campus is cheaper but there won't be as much opportunity to make friends :o

i'm undecided :confused: renting off campus is cheaper but there won't be as much opportunity to make friends :o
    I'm worried about that too! Feared off missing the craic :(

I'm worried about that too! Feared off missing the craic :(

yeah same
    :cool: but i've heard that campus can be really strict though :(:confused:
    and i'm worried about if i drop out :rolleyes:

yeah same
    :cool: but i've heard that campus can be really strict though :(:confused:
    and i'm worried about if i drop out :rolleyes:

Yeah man, I was talking with the security lad from Corrib Village when I was there for the open day. The man told me that whenever the music is a bit too loud, they turn it down straight away. You can't have any friends in after 10 o'clock at the evening. I would prefer to get a student accommodation somewhere OUTSIDE the campus. Gort na Coiribe is my favourite so far, I hope that they will have some rooms left after we get our results.
    Many 1st years will probably cancel their booking as they wouldn't get into the collage, so it should be alright. :)

Yeah man, I was talking with the security lad from Corrib Village when I was there for the open day. The man told me that whenever the music is a bit too loud, they turn it down straight away. You can't have any friends in after 10 o'clock at the evening. I would prefer to get a student accommodation somewhere OUTSIDE the campus. Gort na Coiribe is my favourite so far, I hope that they will have some rooms left after we get our results.
    Many 1st years will probably cancel their booking as they wouldn't get into the collage, so it should be alright. :)

:eek: Does those rules apply for all of nuigs villages :confused: i also heard that there is weekly room checks which seems a bit too strict .

• Advertisement

Whoa. That is some craic I would NOT mind missing :P

I'll be renting at this rate then so!

Advertisement