Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Thanks!

Just that you said that you did first aid in fourth year and we did that as well. Just thought that i would inquire.

I finished in 2008, going into my second year in electrical and electronic engineering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 meeayz

Thanks!

Just that you said that you did first aid in fourth year and we did that as well. Just thought that i would inquire.

Oh right , no probs ! Was your schools 4th yr any good ? Ours had it's moments , first aid and going to the burren was the best part really ! Not worth staying in secondary an extra yr for !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Fair play....see you around so buddy....memories-navagation 4th year.burrowing a hole from room 3A to 3B

It was ok, definatly not worth the extra year in school though. The highlight of it though was a song writing work shop, that was pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 meeayz

It was ok, definatly not worth the extra year in school though. The highlight of it though was a song writing work shop, that was pretty cool.

Ya that does sound cool ! I suddenly feel so old now thinking back to it :rolleyes:

Gotta go , been on computer waay too long :p ! C ya !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I get to move into my new house next week! :D It's amazing how I managed to live at home for 18 years happily enough, and now spending just 3 months at home is enough to make me want to escape the place.

I'm another one who can't wait to go back to college: I've been so bored at home it's unreal. At the same time, I know one week after college starts I'll be fed up of it and wishing for the holidays. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

I can't wait! I miss lectures and my friends from afar and the studying. I love everything about college and it beats the summer any day!:D:D:D

I know this sounds sarcastic, but I'm being genuine.

Totally understand! I'm a nerd for my course to be honest.

We need a better name for this thread. Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Fuascailt wrote: »

We need a better name for this thread. Suggestions?

The Random Chit-Chat Thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

CommieBaz wrote: »
    The Random Chit-Chat Thread?

*cringe* That's just as over used :pac:

I start UCC this year,I'm looking forward and not looking forward at the same time,Looking forward to college in general,The new people,A course I'll enjoy doing etc..

Not looking forward too,Not knowing anyone on my course and people from my school going weren't my best friends..

Going into digs with 3 other 1st years so should get to know them anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

Ricky91t wrote: »
    *cringe* That's just as over used :pac:

What about calling it "The Derailed thread"?
    I start UCC this year,I'm looking forward and not looking forward at the same time,Looking forward to college in general,The new people,A course I'll enjoy doing etc..

Not looking forward too,Not knowing anyone on my course and people from my school going weren't my best friends..

Going into digs with 3 other 1st years so should get to know them anyway :pac:

You'll make friends so don't worry about it, a lot of people will be in the same boat. Where you staying in digs? I was in digs near the lough in first year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

How about the "Unicorns Can't Cartwheel" Thread??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Woah woah woah...what exactly is wrong with my cold, clinical, generic, completely uninteresting title? :(

Or simply

U Can Chat

Or my personal favorite

The TFZ

How about the "Unicorns Can't Cartwheel" Thread??

I like it, random yet educational.

An Other Suggestion:
    "Monkeys on typewriters" thread

deisedude wrote: »
    What about calling it "The Derailed thread"?

You'll make friends so don't worry about it, a lot of people will be in the same boat. Where you staying in digs? I was in digs near the lough in first year.

Lol the more random the name the better to be honest,More people will look out of Nosiness and them post in it :pac:

Staying in a place on Hartland ave(i think that's what it's called) Pretty sure I look at the place where you stayed,And if it was there,It was too neat and tidy :pac:

Would be terrified of doing anything there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Title suggestion :P :

"Now ye're shytin'"

"UCC - the place to be. ;)"

TFZ
    TFZ
    TFZ

God dammit!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

Does that stand for something, or are they just your favourite letters?

Fuascailt wrote: »
    Does that stand for something, or are they just your favourite letters?

Finally

"Techie Free Zone"

• Advertisement

Lol the more random the name the better to be honest,More people will look out of Nosiness and them post in it :pac:

Staying in a place on Hartland ave(i think that's what it's called) Pretty sure I look at the place where you stayed,And if it was there,It was too neat and tidy :pac:

Would be terrified of doing anything there :eek:

Kinda know what you mean. There was a bit too many old people and swans there for my liking

Finally

"Techie Free Zone"

The BIS and computer science students wont like that!:D

deisedude wrote: »
    The BIS and computer science students wont like that!:D

I was one once..... a long long time ago... in a Galaxy far far way.. ibetter stop now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Yay off topicness, lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

It's just what the board needed!

Indeed. Far too much focused discussion round these parts

this may sound odd...

But yay you posted,
    I noticed you thanking a lot of posts and not posting,And i was thinking it was destroying the spirit of the thread

But now you've posted all is restored

Let this be a warning to all you other thankers but non posters:pac: I'm on to you!:eek:

God,I am weird!

this may sound odd...

But yay you posted,
    I noticed you thanking a lot of posts and not posting,And i was thinking it was destroying the spirit of the thread

But now you've posted all is restored

Let this be a warning to all you other thankers but non posters:pac: I'm on to you!:eek:

God,I am weird!

The urge to thank this post was too overwhelming to resist, thankfully i have spared myself from your intense scrutiny by continuing on with this incessant babble!:pac:

Aw crap was I killing the buzz? Sorry guys :pac:

• Advertisement

Aw crap was I killing the buzz? Sorry guys :pac:

No, by all means continue thanking posts. It fills us all with a delightful sense of smugness!;)

Advertisement