Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

My favourite story is the 'put your PIN into the ATM backwards to alert the police'. It must be an awful pain in the arse if you have a palindromic number.

'Yes, Guard. I understand this is the 14th time you've come to my aid this month but honestly when I was putting in my PIN of 1221, I was entering it forwards not backwards…'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There were 5 Thurs / Fri / Sat last month .... and there will be 5 Tues / Wed / Thurs next month

:eek: This only happens every 546 years! Quick! Do the lottery!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My favourite story is the 'put your PIN into the ATM backwards to alert the police'. It must be an awful pain in the arse if you have a palindromic number.

'Yes, Guard. I understand this is the 14th time you've come to my aid this month but honestly when I was putting in my PIN of 1221, I was entering it forwards not backwards…'

I thanked this post for both the sentiment and the use of the word 'palindromic'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I saw that one on my feed too. They are a pretty gullible bunch on fb. I need to find me some snake oil or a magic pebble and set up in business. Plenty of others do. The worst is, a lot of those posts are klickbait. Maybe better, I should advertise to fix their virus and malware infested computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

smash wrote: »
    Where's that bullshít from?

Shared by four female Facebook friends and liked by one male friend so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"today we lost another angle. RIP Mary. haven just gained another star."

"true hun, with gary anal another angle 14 months gone but the days get easier believe me."

"i know chick im alright just a bit shocked. and it was only last week i was talkin to her anal."

(names changed to protect........something.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Not pulling over for a police car until you're in a safely lit area is genuine advice issued by some usa police depts after attacks

Mostly you'll probs just piss em off though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Came across a Facebook friend who had shared this post. I mean it could be real but...
    It's a screen shot of a text message warning
    Tell all contacts from your list not to accept a video called "Dance of the Pope". It is a virus that formats your mobile. Beware it is very dangerous. They announced it today on the radio. Fwd this msg to as many as you can.

Another shared post I came across today
    "This man kicked child so hard he slit her liver! 'SHARE' if you think he should be jailed for life"

Also, saw another girl share an article with a headline
    "9 things never to say to a strong woman"
    :rolleyes: One of the points being to
    never say "Just Stop: You can't stop a strong woman, so why try?", "You're crazy: Strong women speak and act with strength", "You ask too many questions: She has a mind to learn and telling her to stop won't limit her enquiring mind" or "Calm down: The strong woman you just said this to is going to show you some powerful emotions"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

fussyonion wrote: »
    "today we lost another angle. RIP Mary. haven just gained another star."

"true hun, with gary anal another angle 14 months gone but the days get easier believe me."

"i know chick im alright just a bit shocked. and it was only last week i was talkin to her anal."

(names changed to protect........something.)

Ok I know the angle is angel.

But what is the anal supposed to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Ok I know the angle is angel.

But what is the anal supposed to be?

And all

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Anal = and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I'm so slow !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭sunshine and showers

fineso.mom wrote: »
    I'm so slow !

They're saying "anal" instead of "and all" and not getting the implications. I don't think you're the slow one in this scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

They're saying "anal" instead of "and all" and not getting the implications. I don't think you're the slow one in this scenario.

Telpis ......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

"Be rude not to" followed by a picture of an alcoholic beverage. Does my head in anytime I see a status like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

"Wine O Clock"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

efb wrote: »
    Got the friend list below 200!!!

Christ why was I friends with some of those people!!!

You do realise you could just close your facebook account instead? The world won't end. I assume you have email?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Government tink der great Putin minimum wage up by 50 cent wud yis ever fuk off dey jus tax ye more so it balances ou itself yis pack e *****

I thought this was about things improving in Russia, then I realised it was not Valdimir the person was referring to.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Girl I : ''I gets me petrel in Tescos, dere de cheipest''

Girl 2 : Yeh dere the chepest cos dey waters i down. yeh wont geh as far on a teners wort as ye wud in a porper garge''

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

#‎OHMYGOD‬ hahaha
    Lads im only seeing this programme now on Rte2 that every boy racer in the country must feel so ashamed there ruined 💂🏻 I'm horrified hahahahahahaha BEJAYSUS LAD ITS A TWINCAM 🙈😂🙌🏻👏🏻💕🚙🚗 wouldn't wanna be insuring any vtec 😳😐 anyhow God help yas 🤗😱 ‪#‎iminahape‬ hahaha the (Opra music doe) 🖐🏻😂😂

Anyone wanna translate?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

stephenl15 wrote: »
    #‎OHMYGOD‬ hahaha
    Lads im only seeing this programme now on Rte2 that every boy racer in the country must feel so ashamed there ruined ���� I'm horrified hahahahahahaha BEJAYSUS LAD ITS A TWINCAM ������������������ wouldn't wanna be insuring any vtec ���� anyhow God help yas ���� ‪#‎iminahape‬ hahaha the (Opra music doe) ��������

I'll have a crack at it:

"Friends, I'm currently viewing this television broadcast on RTE 2, and it appears that it will anger and offend many working class car enthusiasts nationwide. I'm disgusted and amused. A Twincam of all things. One wouldn't find it easy to have their VTEC insured. May God have mercy on all of you. I'm utterly distressed, yet humoured by the opera music, because someone with grammar and spelling as pathetic as mine wouldn't be into that genre."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

stephenl15 wrote: »
    #‎OHMYGOD‬ hahaha
    Lads im only seeing this programme now on Rte2 that every boy racer in the country must feel so ashamed there ruined 💂🏻 I'm horrified hahahahahahaha BEJAYSUS LAD ITS A TWINCAM 🙈😂🙌🏻👏🏻💕🚙🚗 wouldn't wanna be insuring any vtec 😳😐 anyhow God help yas 🤗😱 ‪#‎iminahape‬ hahaha the (Opra music doe) 🖐🏻😂😂

"Story buds. Didcha c rte2? D'inisurance is whopper. Telpis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

This is on the Cork 96FM FB page. I dare anyone to find another post worse than this. I know she was upset but Jesus Christ like.

"For the girls that go out in town on a Saturday Night�� I just wanna say not long back I got into a taxi after a night out it was about 3:30am on a Saturday Night but as u no its very hard to get a taxi when the club's are over as the are so busy so as I did, I stood by the main road on patrick street having my hand out pulling for a taxi as the drove up the street ,evenutally I got into a taxi and thought Notting of it as he was very friendly well that's what I thought anyway I gave him directions to my house and as he was making conversation he asked me did I smoke I said Yes I do" but I realised he was asking did I smoke weed I said I don't smoke weed or take drugs if that's what your asking me his reply was huh I thought u would ..we could stop somewere for a smoke I laughed because I found it funny that he asked me I replied saying no I don't anyway, and then I realised he starting driving pass my terrace I started to panic and I said u drove past were i live he looked back and kepted driving towards upper glamire he said to me.. we will just park up and do things I won't charge for ur taxi fair ���� at this stage I thought I wasn't going to get home and then he pulled into the side of the road and kept asking me the same things over and over i was nearly crying and at the same time tryed to keep so calm because i honestly didnt no what he would of done so after few minutes of me telling him i dont wanna do anything he evenutally turned around but at the same time kept asking me still i told him stop a bit up from my terrace and i jumped out and literally ran toward my house I was steaming a bit and panican I didn't think to take any of his information but I do no this man and was in his late 30s was Irish so **ladies** I would advice ye not ever get into a taxi by yer self's because u really would no what would happen��"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You do realise you could just close your facebook account instead? The world won't end. I assume you have email?

I like Facebook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

eternal wrote: »
    This is on the Cork 96FM FB page. I dare anyone to find another post worse than this. I know she was upset but Jesus Christ like.

"For the girls that go out in town on a Saturday Night�� I just wanna say not long back I got into a taxi after a night out it was about 3:30am on a Saturday Night but as u no its very hard to get a taxi when the club's are over as the are so busy so as I did, I stood by the main road on patrick street having my hand out pulling for a taxi as the drove up the street ,evenutally I got into a taxi and thought Notting of it as he was very friendly well that's what I thought anyway I gave him directions to my house and as he was making conversation he asked me did I smoke I said Yes I do" but I realised he was asking did I smoke weed I said I don't smoke weed or take drugs if that's what your asking me his reply was huh I thought u would ..we could stop somewere for a smoke I laughed because I found it funny that he asked me I replied saying no I don't anyway, and then I realised he starting driving pass my terrace I started to panic and I said u drove past were i live he looked back and kepted driving towards upper glamire he said to me.. we will just park up and do things I won't charge for ur taxi fair ���� at this stage I thought I wasn't going to get home and then he pulled into the side of the road and kept asking me the same things over and over i was nearly crying and at the same time tryed to keep so calm because i honestly didnt no what he would of done so after few minutes of me telling him i dont wanna do anything he evenutally turned around but at the same time kept asking me still i told him stop a bit up from my terrace and i jumped out and literally ran toward my house I was steaming a bit and panican I didn't think to take any of his information but I do no this man and was in his late 30s was Irish so **ladies** I would advice ye not ever get into a taxi by yer self's because u really would no what would happen��"

Is it wrong that I found myself rooting for the serial killer/psycho cab driver after the first two sentences?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The grammar leaves a bit to be desired but the actual context of the post seems fair enough, pretty scary situation to be in really.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is it wrong that I found myself rooting for the serial killer/psycho cab driver after the first two sentences?
    Not being smart but I think the whole thing is all one sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

'I'm part of the gang now'
    Attached picture of an adult colouring book.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

I guess she typed that within 30 seconds of coming home with the adrenaline still flowing.
    I am exhausted reading that.

This is how i imagine this was typed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

coolhull wrote: »
    Girl I : ''I gets me petrel in Tescos, dere de cheipest''

Girl 2 : Yeh dere the chepest cos dey waters i down. yeh wont geh as far on a teners wort as ye wud in a porper garge''

That post reads like the person is from Co. Wexford?

Did I guess right?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement