Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CE Licence & 5 CPC modules / No Driver CPC card / Looking to do p/t HGV driving

• 20-02-2020 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi
    I have a HGV licence and have completed 1 cycle of CPC in 2014.
    I have never driven professionally since passing my HGV driving test.
    I do not have a CPC card or a digital tacograph card.
    RSA have told me that I now need to complete all 5 modules before applying for a CPC card.
    Is this really necessary to complete all 5 modules at once if I wanted to do some part-time HGV driving?
    Any advice from somebody with similar experience would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

You wont get employment without a CPC card or digital tachograph card anyway, so you have to do catch with the modules to get a CPC card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Even if you complete the 5 CPC modules and get the digi card you will find it hard to get any work as most companies require experience, Saying that if there is a driver shortage you might get lucky with finding some work.
    I'm nearly 8 years off the road now this summer but would walk into a job if I wanted too.

Advertisement