Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary school teaching

• 04-02-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

How can I get in to Primary school teaching?

I did my LC in 2007 and did Ordinary level Irish.

Should I repeat the whole LC or is there any course I could do for the Irish instead of going that route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

youandme13 wrote:
    Should I repeat the whole LC or is there any course I could do for the Irish instead of going that route?

You can repeat Irish as a stand alone subject. Depending on what part of the country you're in, there may be a local evening college offering single subjects. Ashfield College in Dundrum in Dublin would do it, I don't know of similar places elsewhere in the country sorry. Give yourself a year to do it. You apply to an exam centre to sit the Irish exam on the dates required.

If there's an Irish interview involved in the college application (I know there is at post grad level but can't remember about under grad), Gaelchultur on Clare St in Dublin do excellent courses specifically aimed at preparing for those interviews, the course can be done online with one or two face to face sessions, they also run mock interviews for an extra fee. I'd highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭pandoraj09

Pm sent

Advertisement