Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I too old to start acting?

• 12-06-2018 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

I'll be 30 in a couple of months and wondering if im too old to get into acting? Ive always wanted to but for different reasons I never did. My granny sent me to acting classes when I was a kid and I loved it but my mam was a bit controlling and put a stop to me going to the classes. I always wanted to go back but I had really bad social anxiety and agoraphobia all through my 20's so I couldnt work or anything and couldnt pay to join a group, I also didnt have the confidence and the local free drama groups where groups of friends and wearnt very approachable. Its still something I think about and would love to do. Just wondering if its worth doing at my age?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭kweeveen86

Definitely not too old. Go for it, 100%!

I just turned 32 and am starting out in the world of screenwriting and movie-making after doing lots of different jobs in my 20s and being too shy and nervous to get involved in anything when I was a kid.

Start off by joining an amateur class or something similar. Take it from there! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,107 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Absolutely do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

It's never too old to start! Acting is something that you will be suprised how naturally it comes to you! I would strongly suggest you try out the drama group that started on boards.ie, No Drama Theatre. We are very welcoming to new comers and have a very broad range of membership age group and backgrounds and are always on the hunt for new members. We have workshops every Tuesday in Synge Street CBS Dublin from 7 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

https://www.imdb.com/list/ls056459095/

Granted a lot of these came from artistic background (dance, comedy, etc), but many also came from basically nowhere; military background, tradesmen, etc.

There are actually quite a lot of adults for whom acting or drama is appealing, but for various reasons avoided it in their younger years because it wasn't cool, or they were too shy or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 isik

You are never too old! Go for it! Try some workshops, go for castings.
    Check out seventh land theatre.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement