Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to tell a fake?

Options
  • 12-01-2021 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering what the easiest way to spot a fake is ?

I’m doing a big clean in the house and found a watch that was given to me about 20 years ago.

I’m 99% sure it is a fake but just on the off chance I would like to know for sure.

It is a Tag Heuer with the code on the back that reads 962 213.

Miraculously it still has power and the correct time !!! I was shocked to see that. The date and day of the week isn’t right though ...

Unsure how to upload a picture on boards but can try to figure it out if that helps people?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Yurple wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering what the easiest way to spot a fake is ?

I’m doing a big clean in the house and found a watch that was given to me about 20 years ago.

I’m 99% sure it is a fake but just on the off chance I would like to know for sure.

It is a Tag Heuer with the code on the back that reads 962 213.

Miraculously it still has power and the correct time !!! I was shocked to see that. The date and day of the week isn’t right though ...

Unsure how to upload a picture on boards but can try to figure it out if that helps people?

If it has power then it’s an automatic movement I am guessing. Edit: just seen you said correct time also, def battery so!

Host a few images here and then post the links so we can view. Couple of the lads here know their tags so should be able to help.

https://postimages.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

Thank you!

https://postimg.cc/gallery/HxQ9jgt

If anybody needs better photos or a close up of a certain part please let me know. Thank you again

539244.jpg

539245.jpg

embedded the pics for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,739 ✭✭✭893bet

Fake I am afraid. Tag don’t have an annual calendar like that. Especially not a quartz one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

100% fake

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Yurple

893bet wrote: »
    Fake I am afraid. Tag don’t have an annual calendar like that. Especially not a quartz one.

Aaaaaah! I knew it but it was worth a try :) thank you very much for your time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement