Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Was in Kellihers paint shop in Rock St. yesterday afternoon. Was a little shocked to see very little social distancing/precautions being take. 3 staff behind a small counter & one on the floor with no protection from each other, staff & customers mingling freely around the shop. One customer squeezed in next to me while I was at the counter. Exactly the same as it was a few months ago pre-Covid. Some customers were trying to keep their distance but it was difficult.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Some breaking news !!

All well now but more questions to Charlie Flanagan & Brendan Griffin

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/further-covid-19-outbreak-in-killarney-direct-provision-centres-1000638.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The secrecy is the worst aspect - they're as well off being up front if and when incidents occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

newman10 wrote: »
    Some breaking news !!

All well now but more questions to Charlie Flanagan & Brendan Griffin

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/further-covid-19-outbreak-in-killarney-direct-provision-centres-1000638.html

Brendan is more of a Castlemaine man really, not too worried about what happens in the rest of Kerry.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭amdaley28

TigerTim wrote: »
    Was in Kellihers paint shop in Rock St. yesterday afternoon. Was a little shocked to see very little social distancing/precautions being take. 3 staff behind a small counter & one on the floor with no protection from each other, staff & customers mingling freely around the shop. One customer squeezed in next to me while I was at the counter. Exactly the same as it was a few months ago pre-Covid. Some customers were trying to keep their distance but it was difficult.

T.

Same as Killorglan last Friday when I was there.
    Either people are unaware of the consequences or else they simply don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

TigerTim wrote: »

T.

I was in JR McCarthy's Top Line in Kenmare today and have to say hats off to the staff and the customers.

Everyone patiently waiting in an orderly line outside the shop at least two meters apart, cones and tape set up.

Very professional and genuinely nice security guy at the entrance in hi viz who was again two meters away from anyone leaving or entering at all times, one customer leaves he allows one in. He chatted to every customer at the top of the queue like they were the most important person in the world.

Heart warming to experience such energetic friendliness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

No new case today - joint 17th now with Roscommon, and Kilkenny one behind on 307.

Still on 308 cases today.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Is mhr involved in it still or is he moved onto sneem

Brendan is more of a Castlemaine man really, not too worried about what happens in the rest of Kerry.
    Podge201 wrote: »
    Is mhr involved in it still or is he moved onto sneem

He moved on.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Same as Killorglan last Friday when I was there.
    Either people are unaware of the consequences or else they simply don't care.

SuperValue ??
    Quite small and could do with someone at the door
    Aldi Killorglin much better

Three blank days in a row, and we fall to 19th, after Kilkenny.

Make that four - which is a new record streak.

2nd behind Sligo in the current table for that stat:

https://twitter.com/higginsdavidw/status/1264245507540561926

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

How are the Healy-Raes coping with their funeral withdrawal syndromes? :)

And UHK case figures also declining nicely:

https://twitter.com/kerryman_ie/status/1264279378512527361

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Have a sister working in UHC. She said as of Friday there was only 1 Case up there and they were not in ICU..

Hopefully this Bas***ding virus is dying off ..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Have a sister working in UHC. She said as of Friday there was only 1 Case up there and they were not in ICU..

Hopefully this Bas***ding virus is dying off ..

That's good news! I read they closed their dedicated covid ward a couple of weeks ago.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That's good news! I read they closed their dedicated covid ward a couple of weeks ago.

If that train wreck could be closed in Caherciveen now also.

MOD: Giving you the benefit of the doubt but that language could be construed as racist so have edited your post. Be more careful in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Yesterday was the first time I have ever seen Glanageenty carpark completely full, all the little lay-bys up past the holy well were full also. Not a hope the 5km rule was being observed.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Yesterday was the first time I have ever seen Glanageenty carpark completely full, all the little lay-bys up past the holy well were full also. Not a hope the 5km rule was being observed.

You can be sure people are breaking the 5km rule now. I know of two people who live a lot further than the beach and posted on Instagram that they were at the beach. Like why even post it up? If you are going to be so stupid, don't tell everyone about it!

We would all love to go to the beach etc, but can people not wait a bit longer? So fed up of it now. I don't know who people need to be such 'rebels'.

xxyyzz wrote: »

Because there's no enforcement.

Podge201 wrote: »
    If that train wreck could be closed in Caherciveen now also.

MOD: Giving you the benefit of the doubt but that language could be construed as racist so have edited your post. Be more careful in future.

Please stop accusing me of being racist.

Sadly, if I heard correctly on Radio Kerry this morning, there has been another Covid-19 death in the county today. If it is the same person, he had been the one long-term ICU patient in UHK, but had seemed to be improving lately, according to the papers.

Sadly, if I heard correctly on Radio Kerry this morning, there has been another Covid-19 death in the county today. If it is the same person, he had been the one long-term ICU patient in UHK, but had seemed to be improving lately, according to the papers.

Oh not that's awful. RIP :(

• Advertisement

Advertisement