Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Motorbike shipping

• 11-11-2017 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone recommend a shipping company to ship a motorbike from Germany to Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭ratracer

I've never used a shipping company myself, but mates of mine use overlanders.ie to ship their bikes to Europe each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭contrary_devil

You could ask a freight forwarder about shipping it for you. Phone a few and get quotes. You'll have to ensure it is packaged correctly for transport because if not a carrier will not take responsibility for any damage sustained during transit. Insurance for the transport of the bike would be also highly advisable too, a freight forwarder would advise you on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

You could ask a freight forwarder about shipping it for you. Phone a few and get quotes. You'll have to ensure it is packaged correctly for transport because if not a carrier will not take responsibility for any damage sustained during transit. Insurance for the transport of the bike would be also highly advisable too, a freight forwarder would advise you on this.

Is it a new Bike or second-Hand and who is it being bough from.. might be able to point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

ratracer wrote: »
    I've never used a shipping company myself, but mates of mine use overlanders.ie to ship their bikes to Europe each year.

I think they've stopped for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I think they've stopped for the winter.

Do you need it shipped immediately or can you wait until the new year ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 lcarr88

I am buying a bike in the UK and just wondering does anyone know of someone to Collect and deliver if possible someone that could have a look at the bike before I buy as well cheers

lcarr88 wrote: »
    I am buying a bike in the UK and just wondering does anyone know of someone to Collect and deliver if possible someone that could have a look at the bike before I buy as well cheers

What and where ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 lcarr88

D3V!L wrote: »
    What and where ?

It’s between two to be honest
    1. Triumph scrambler from Laguna Motorcycles, Hart Street, Maidstone, UK

Or 2. A Yamaha xsr700 in Leigh-on-sea Essex

Trying to get best deal on bike and best price I will purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

It’s between two to be honest
    1. Triumph scrambler from Laguna Motorcycles, Hart Street, Maidstone, UK

Or 2. A Yamaha xsr700 in Leigh-on-sea Essex

Trying to get best deal on bike and best price I will purchase
    I was in Leigh-on-Sea two days ago. I could have checked it for you, I'm not sure when I'll be back there again (visiting family).

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Teds Trucking

085 248 2792

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

2 wheels direct on facebook, had a bike picked up and delivered and was spot on, and very reasonable too

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Realgonekid

Using Overlands to send my bike to Germany this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Fireblade77

Using Overlands to send my bike to Germany this summer.
    where will you go to then?

where will you go to then?

On to Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

I priced overlanders for shipping from the UK before and they we're crazy expensive, I can't remember the crowd I went with but look back through my threads in here and it's not far back. Crowd from Wexford service was brilliant, have used them twice for mates bikes. Edit it was Ted's trucking , great company

Goose81 wrote: »
    I priced overlanders for shipping from the UK before and they we're crazy expensive, I can't remember the crowd I went with but look back through my threads in here and it's not far back. Crowd from Wexford service was brilliant, have used them twice for mates bikes. Edit it was Ted's trucking , great company

Overlanders must have revised their prices since? €625 for a return trip for my BMW XR to Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Grumpy Bike Wizard

Overlanders must have revised their prices since? €625 for a return trip for my BMW XR to Germany.

Their prices have gone down for small bikes and up for big bikes since last year. It was 525/575 last year, it's 490/625 this year. Still a bargain compared to riding it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Just to add I had overlanders ship my bike from Germany to the Irish midlands for around 550. I will definitely use this service again in future. Im not sure what shipping from the UK would be but surely 250 would be a ball park figure

Just to add I had overlanders ship my bike from Germany to the Irish midlands for around 550. I will definitely use this service again in future. Im not sure what shipping from the UK would be but surely 250 would be a ball park figure

Was that one way or return ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Another +1 for Teds Trucking : €250. Couldn't fault it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

D3V!L wrote: »
    Was that one way or return ?

One way.

One way.

Jaysus !! I hope they bought you dinner first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Anybody use /buy from Montana motorcycles? They sell and Or source and deliver to Dub/waterford from Germany.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,617 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Are you buying blind? I think that is nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Bought mine blind from Wales . Put 40k miles on it since. Pew pew pew

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I bought my Tiger 800 in Oct blind. Granted its a 2019 but still took a chance. Was immaculate anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

Don't know the set up but I'd assume you'd be able to give it a once over on delivery and have the option of refund if there's something obviously wrong. They are some kind of a dealers afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭KildareMan

Bought my Tiger 1050 as such. Deposit online, flew to Uk. Quick check over and rode it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭goblin59

I bought the F650 twin blind, well worth it, but I did get loads of videos from the shop selling it.
    Only issue was I needed to replace the chain and sprockets when I got it.

Advertisement