Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SoccerManager.com (#5) The Boards.ie World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Well done Napoli. Some achievement.
    Now try avoid relegation next season.....

That most of been some game of emotions to watch 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Maldjd23

mackeire wrote: »
    27.5 for 4th in D2. How much did Napoli get?

53.2 million

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

JamboMac wrote: »
    Did arsenal field a weakened team in a important game? A bit of controversy there no?

While I had half an eye on concerns, my main reason was that my 'stronger' team hadn't even managed to score a goal in 3 games, I felt a shake up couldn't make things any worse! Either way, I was aiming to win the game.

Congrats to Napoli on the win though, great to see ex Arsenal man Podolski pick up a winners medal :p

A mid season squad overhaul helped me to just about escape relegation. Had a big squad shake up, so thanks to everyone who done a deal over the last few months. I swapped Bonucci, Chiellini, Mkhitaryan, Cazorla, San Jose, Gibbs and Giroud for Hamsik, Gaitan, Teixeira, Laporte, Savic, Kampl and Van Ginkel and a few other youths and cash were traded. Some nice deals and brought down my average squad age significantly!

Also i'd encourage people to lash out random bids for players as well. I'm forever sending out bids without PMing beforehand just to test the market. Takes 2 secs to do and it paid off this season with Everton, Sporting, Rangers and Palermo all accepting some bids I sent out randomly. Lazio done the same with the Mkhitaryan deal as well with me, there might have been 1 counter offer (and if I remember correctly, I was absolutely hammered at the time that I counter bid, it worked out ok! :o). But still, 5 transfers done without a single PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Manzoor14 wrote:
    Also i'd encourage people to lash out random bids for players as well. I'm forever sending out bids without PMing beforehand just to test the market. Takes 2 secs to do and it paid off this season with Everton, Sporting, Rangers and Palermo all accepting some bids I sent out randomly. Lazio done the same with the Mkhitaryan deal as well with me, there might have been 1 counter offer (and if I remember correctly, I was absolutely hammered at the time that I counter bid, it worked out ok! ). But still, 5 transfers done without a single PM sent!

Lol! Funny you should mention that! Exact same thing happened today, a deal just FELL into place!

It's a big one.... I'd say it's bigger than Neymar considering the players involved!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Lol! Funny you should mention that! Exact same thing happened today, a deal just FELL into place!

It's a big one.... I'd say it's bigger than Neymar considering the players involved!

Are you selling half your team again just to bring in one player?! :pac: :P

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    Are you selling half your team again just to bring in one player?! :pac: :P

Just under half :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

A box of frogs has nothing on ya!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭baza Rakus

Just under half :eek::eek:

Whatever he's offering you I'll double it!

Whats the sytory with people withdrawing and rebidding on 'that' player constantly?

Hes not a new add so they arent going to sdjust his value ... are they?

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Whats the sytory with people withdrawing and rebidding on 'that' player constantly?

Aha! So THAT'S how you did it!

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote:

Who's 'that' now???

Decided to have me some of 'that'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

And you should see what managers are withdrawing and rebidding :eek:
    I'm thinking there must be a "bug" or cheat that I need to read up on transfer requested players;)

GT_TDI_150 wrote:

Oh THAT player, why didn't ya just say so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I have no idea which juan you are on about......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

tonic wine wrote: »
    And you should see what managers are withdrawing and rebidding :eek:
    I'm thinking there must be a "bug" or cheat that I need to read up on transfer requested players;)

https://youtu.be/ZeOjZuxaV-s

Oops!

fVpgAFU.png

Place your bets folks!

I'll say Gueye to Man Utd & Juan fran to (LAZIO!!!!!) Flamengo

Place your bets folks!

Knowing my luck.. Porto aint getting JF anyway...

Pity as it would free up janmaat for someone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Place your bets folks!

Porto didn't win any bid in the big unmanaged sale so hopefully he nabs one.
    I will gratefully win neither if it meant a poxy backs against the wall 1 0 win in Russia tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Just over 20 minutes to go to my defeat against Rangers.

I just noticed something there, Messi doesn't show up when you do a search in the transfer section. Does he show up for anyone else?

Weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭ Alondra Rapid Nosebleed

I just noticed something there, Messi doesn't show up when you do a search in the transfer section. Does he show up for anyone else?

Weird.
    Watch yourself!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Watch yourself!!

Ah now, I don't think he'll be heading to Estudiantes any time soon, no matter how much he may or may not want to go home! :pac:

But no, I even left it at the broadest possible search and it's just Ronaldo on top and no Messi. It's just a bit strange that's all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Just over 20 minutes to go to my defeat against Rangers.

Gutted for you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

After back to back promotions via the play offs my luck has evened out as it's now back to back defeats in Division 2 play offs.
    Thought we were up and running with a Kane goal shortly after he had hit the post but linesman thought otherwise.
    Huntelaar made us pay and we go down 1-0 in a pretty even game stats wise.

Finished 10 points behind Anzhi in the league so can't complain. All the best in the final man.

Gutted for you :(

I wasn't going to drink tonight, but now I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

After back to back promotions via the play offs my luck has evened out as it's now back to back defeats in Division 2 play offs.
    Thought we were up and running with a Kane goal shortly after he had hit the post but linesman thought otherwise.

Finished 10 points behind Anzhi in the league so can't complain. All the best in the final man.

That was an unbelievablely close match stats wise, hard luck, hopefully I don't lose again, like I did two (?) seasons ago

Weird.

Happens in other game worlds as well, noticed it before myself :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

Unlucky man, you have a really good young team... Some time and a few nice deals and you will be sorted

Advertisement