Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Madden NFL Off Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

my mate has a banned xbox, so taking his 1 of his official controllers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,632 ✭✭✭nerd69

what are the chances of ncaa being brought over here over the next few years

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

nerd69 wrote: »
    what are the chances of ncaa being brought over here over the next few years

Slim i'd say, EA wont want to dilute the Madden cash they get.
    If they launch NCAA, they'll be spending a lot more on marketing etc for not a whole lot extra in game sales as a lot of people will buy one or the other, only the hardcore will buy both.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

If they launch NCAA, they'll be spending a lot more on marketing etc for not a whole lot extra in game sales as a lot of people will buy one or the other, only the hardcore will buy both.

Even if they made it region free so we could buy it from American suppliers

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Even if they made it region free so we could buy it from American suppliers

or a download from xbox live cant be hard to just port it over people that want it will know about it so no marketing needed

• Advertisement

dang

or a download from xbox live

It would be pretty big though, Installed games are 6-8 gb. Although that is the word on the next gen console, all games will be downloaded, no discs. All to stop the preowned trade. They would want to come with a big hard drive

It would be pretty big though, Installed games are 6-8 gb. Although that is the word on the next gen console, all games will be downloaded, no discs. All to stop the preowned trade. They would want to come with a big hard drive

but you can download games on demand anyway there full games

I know, they are still big files though. What I was saying for the next xbox there will be no discs anymore.

I know, they are still big files though. What I was saying for the next xbox there will be no discs anymore.
    I can't see them fully commiting to it you'll be Able to do both they tried it on the psp go and that flunked

• Advertisement

I can't see them fully commiting to it you'll be Able to do both they tried it on the psp go and that flunked

Dunno, Microsoft are seem like the type to take the "we do what we want and you will like it" attitude

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/exclusive-no-disc-drive-for-next-xbox/092534

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

:pac:

That's hilarious. AT least he held onto the camera unlike Sanchez.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444312-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-16-fullbacks

I know a lot of love on this forum for fullbacks so here is Bleacher Reports top 16.

Quinn Johnson is just awful, he wont be at the Titans next year.
    No argument with the top 2. I have both of these guys, but imho Leach is in a different league to Reece

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd have Miller higher to be honest, he's not a great pass catcher or open field runner but that's not really the job of the full back.

He was mic'd up for the Championship game this year, pretty funny stuff.

You got a link for that adrian?

I do really enjoy when they mic players up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll have a look this evening, it was either on 49ers.com or NFL.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just watching the PS4 announcement stream.

It seems you can LiveStream what you are playing to your friends. Imagine all being able to watch the Superbowls, or a big divisional clash. Would be absolutely epic.

Unless Xbox offer the same, I'll be streaming my Madden league games on PS4 me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

It seems you can LiveStream what you are playing to your friends. Imagine all being able to watch the Superbowls, or a big divisional clash. Would be absolutely epic.

Unless Xbox offer the same, I'll be streaming my Madden league games on PS4 me thinks.
    Don't think I'd get a playstation, but that sounds awesome!

Hopefully microsoft follow suit

• Advertisement

That will kill the Internet!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

You can already do that on xbox 360 with COD so I'd imagine they'll have it for all games

Really?? In saying that I don't play cod much

Ya but in saying that aren't you showing everyone then what plays you like to use on defense and offense,if there's a particular set of plays you like to use.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Ya but in saying that aren't you showing everyone then what plays you like to use on defense and offense,if there's a particular set of plays you like to use.
    I would think that's secondary come Super Bowl time I'd have loved to have watched a few of the super bowls I don't think it's anything you wouldn't see from playing them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    You can already do that on xbox 360 with COD so I'd imagine they'll have it for all games

Yes but with the PS4 I can log onto my console, see that you are playing you're league game, and start watching right from my PS4.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »

I would imagine that a spectator mode would not allow you to see the plays, would be fairly easy for EA to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Yes but with the PS4 I can log onto my console, see that you are playing you're league game, and start watching right from my PS4.

I know that but what I meant was if they already have it on 360 for one game (even if it's live streaming to YouTube) then they're obviously going to have it on the new xbox for all games, same as the PS4

George Wilson going to be a Titan.. my secondary has improved so much :D

Playing an offline game and something kinda like this happened.Had to watch the replay a few times to be sure.
    hgjzr.gif

Basically Brady's throwing,gets hits,fumbles,then about 4 or 5 players dive on the ball,Hernandez dives in last,picks the ball up while diving,rolls on the backs of the players on the ground back onto his feet and starts gunning it down the field(pretty much exactly like the above),
    I had to go back and watch it a few times,it was pretty funny actually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

RGIII has done this a couple of times. Once to Damarcus Ware :D

Advertisement