Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Detailing chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Is there any issues with ordering products from UK stores these days or extra charges ?

I know in2detailing who I bought a good bit of stuff from ain't shipping outside the UK atm...interested to hear where most people are gonna get their stuff now.

I know they say "shop local" etc but I ain't gonna shop local when the prices of Irish shops are "inflated" to put it politely :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Bus Boy

Blok51 I've always found to be good in Norn Iron.

Bus Boy wrote: »
    Blok51 I've always found to be good in Norn Iron.

Yea I dealt with Barry a good bit and usually get my Bilt Hamber stuff from them..no complaints there,sound out! Just wondering will we incur any fees going forward as they cross the border...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I use The Detailing Company for Gyeon products. I think the last time delivery was only €5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

As far as I am aware, anything from the UK costing under €22 inc. P&P is duty free.
    But I THINK, anything from the North is ok * for now *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭juicet3rry

Placed an order with Blok51 on Sunday. Arrived today, no issues. It was for a bit over £50. Doesn't look like any customs/border issues thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Well my Ldil Parkside pressure washer has finally packed it in lads so I'm on the lookout for a new one. I don't need anything major as I just use it for washing the cars and cleaning the patio concrete, I'm leaning towards the Karcher K2 full control. A local place has a Wilks-USA RX510 at a good price too but know nothing about that brand. Am I better off just going with the Karcher?

Cheers, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Duff wrote: »
    Well my Ldil Parkside pressure washer has finally packed it in lads so I'm on the lookout for a new one. I don't need anything major as I just use it for washing the cars and cleaning the patio concrete, I'm leaning towards the Karcher K2 full control. A local place has a Wilks-USA RX510 at a good price too but know nothing about that brand. Am I better off just going with the Karcher?

Cheers, lads.

Owned two Karchhers, one packed in after 2 years, the current K4 pisses water from the innards, hard to recommend them. Had a Nilfisk and while not sexy and yellow, never gave a days trouble.

Had a Nilfisk for a few years before buying a kranzle, the Nilfisk was pretty much flawless reliability wise. Hoses are too short my liking though and standard lance is to awkward

Never thought to look at Nilfisk! Any recommended series? Ideally don't want to spend more than €150.

• Advertisement

Never thought to look at Nilfisk! Any recommended series? Ideally don't want to spend more than €150.

Get the nilfisk c120 series...I did get mine while it was on offer from Amazon in the good days,not sure where you'd pick one up now,but if you do get one,the trigger gun from the lads at blok51 (or any other reputable retailer) makes a great addition to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

nilfisk I got a C140 a good few years ago, was on bargain alerts and its been great. I put an adaptor on to quick release so I have the little sprayer connections and the foam lance goes on as well would highly recommend the same to anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1 peteralex12

Thanks for sharing that's pretty cool info.

Any recommendations on what to seal a cloth convertible roof with, lads? The roof on my girlfriends Mini was in an awful way with grime and algae. Used a combo of Bilt Hamber Surfex HD and the Autoglym soft top cleaner and protectant and it came up really well. The Autogylm protectant is good for 6 months apparently, but I'm just wondering if there is anything more permanent out there?

Cheers.

Gtechniq Smart Fabric

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

When I had a Saab convertible all the guys on Saab forum swore by Fabsil!

93Cab wrote: »
    When I had a Saab convertible all the guys on Saab forum swore by Fabsil!

Never even thought of that! Cheers! Wonder would the spray on or paint on be a better choice.

Just seen that Car Chem are doing a great mystery box deal at the minute. 6x500ml bottles of random products for £9.99 or 6x1Ltr for £16.99. Not sure what postage is to Ireland as I'm living in Belfast at the moment so it was only £3 for postage. Maybe you could use parcel motel or similar if postage is mad?

Got the 6 litre bottles myself because I've no self control. Going to get a black eye from the misses when they arrive because I just stocked up on a Bilt Hamber products and a new pressure washer last week :pac:

https://www.car-chem.com/shop/the-collaboration-mystery-box

22.79 for delivery to Ireland but at least they are still shipping to Ireland as a lot of places aren't

22.79 for delivery to Ireland but at least they are still shipping to Ireland as a lot of places aren't

Ah, that's steep enough. I suppose it'd be worth it for the litre bundle if you knew what you were getting :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is it possible to take off the leather covering on a steering wheel and replace it with a genuine leather covering??
    my car has got that godawful fake hard leather on it and i hate it

i wonder would a seamstress do it ?

Ah, that's steep enough. I suppose it'd be worth it for the litre bundle if you knew what you were getting :pac:

We'll have to stick with the Irish companies now

We'll have to stick with the Irish companies now

Order from the North.

vectra wrote: »
    Order from the North.

I order Gyeon products from the North but some other brands worked out cheaper from the UK

I order Gyeon products from the North but some other brands worked out cheaper from the UK

Where do you order from?

vectra wrote: »
    Where do you order from?

I order Gyeon from The Detailing Company, only brand they seem to sell but delivery has only been around 5 quid on any order I've got

I order Gyeon from The Detailing Company, only brand they seem to sell but delivery has only been around 5 quid on any order I've got

I have dealt with steven in the car salon a few times. Seems a decent bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,935 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'll shortly be taking delivery of a new car that has piano black interior trim (not my first choice but all that was available). I know that it will smudge and scratch easily, and I've seen many suggestions for using wax or ceramic wax on the interior too, but I wanted to check whether this is good advice? I'd like to do it as soon as I get the car so it's protected immediately.

Any suggestions for what I could use?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I wouldn't put wax on the interior of a car. Wax is made for the exterior, not for soft interior plastics.

A few good interior products I have used are:

Meguiars Interior Detailer
    Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash
    BMW Plastic care liquid

In reality you won't get a product that will prevent scratching on interior trim. The only way to do that is to never touch it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

SuprSi wrote: »
    I'll shortly be taking delivery of a new car that has piano black interior trim (not my first choice but all that was available). I know that it will smudge and scratch easily, and I've seen many suggestions for using wax or ceramic wax on the interior too, but I wanted to check whether this is good advice? I'd like to do it as soon as I get the car so it's protected immediately.

Any suggestions for what I could use?

I’d consider getting it wrapped in a PPF.

Advertisement