Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

oracle virtual box installing kali error

• 04-06-2020 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone. I am learning to use oracle virtual box and my first install on it is kali. I have a tosh laptop running intel pentium 2.2ghz processor with lots of ram and space.
    I installed oracle virtual box from their site and went to kali site and downloaded kali linux image 64 bit.
    everything has installed ok except that when i went into virtual box and settings i am getting an error about paravisualization hardware acceleration.
    I have went to the bios and in the visualization setting, i changed it to disabled. rebooted still same problem. uninstalled virtual box and reinstalled, still no joy.
    Searched the net for this and its driving me crazy, anyone any suggestions.

Billy
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

You neglected to mention your host OS, in that case I guess you just assumed we'd all think it was Windows.

Your choice to disable virtualization (your message says visualisation at that point, but I presume that's an error) is an odd one. I know you have a message about virtualization, so as a troubleshooting step you go to the BIOS and for any virtualization option you put it to the opposite of what it was and see if that fixes anything, but I really don't think turning off virtualization is going to help you.

If you want real help, I suggest as a first step you search the web with the exact error message and see what you get back. Feel free to post it here too and if somebody here had encountered and solved that problem they'll assist you I'm sure.

I suppose I'm summary, more detail is required.

Baz_

Advertisement