Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Snooker Championship (Mod Note Post One)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Ronnie's lucky he's not playing a better and more experienced player, or he'd be at least 6-2 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

He's playing absolutely awful stuff. I know it's only the first round but he'd want to get his focus back pretty sharpish or he'll be on his way home.

The 5-4 lead is the very least James Cahill deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

sligeach wrote: »
    The 5-4 lead is the very least James Cahill deserves.

Absolutely. It's like Ronnie isnt even taking him seriously even though they have played each other a handful of times already so he should know hes a good player.

kerry37 wrote: »
    Absolutely. It's like Ronnie isnt even taking him seriously even though they have played each other a handful of times already so he should know hes a good player.
    Cahill hasn't even played particularly well. He's missed a few easy ones as well. Ronnie has been getting plenty of chances in each frame but just keeps missing. I'm sure he'll be way more focused in the next session.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Pighead wrote: »
    Cahill hasn't even played particularly well. He's missed a few easy ones as well. Ronnie has been getting plenty of chances in each frame but just keeps missing. I'm sure he'll be way more focused in the next session.

Definitely plenty of errors from both players.

Would agree we should see a different ronnie tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,406 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Selbys finally got going

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The Nal wrote: »
    Selbys finally got going

He’ll scrape through I think.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

These Chinese lads look like they are going to takeover.
    Would not be surprised if the Chinese dominate the top ten in 15 years time.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Thought Sat Nav was going to pull that frame out of the bag.
    Have to admire the temperament of Zhao.

• Advertisement

Steve Davis laughing at the stats there the only one Zhao is ahead of Selby on is safety success (when the players were at 7 frames each)
    And that was only 2% more!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is the other match been shown live, i cant seem to find it on eurosport or bbc

Thought Sat Nav was going to pull that frame out of the bag.
    Have to admire the temperament of Zhao.

Yeah they were writing off Zhao until he got his sixth frame on the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

is the other match been shown live, i cant seem to find it on eurosport or bbc
    It's on the Eurosport player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Been hearing that for over a decade. So far they've all fallen a mile short of what the raw talent promises. Every single one including Ding has underperformed. Don't appear to have the grit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

zuutroy wrote: »
    Been hearing that for over a decade. So far they've all fallen a mile short of what the raw talent promises. Every single one including Ding has underperformed. Don't appear to have the grit.

Was just going to say exactly this.

Ronnie was poor today. I really think the thoughts of multi session matches where he can afford to lose a few frames and 17 days of snooker crush his soul and he finds it hard to focus.

If it’s best of 9 or 11 he knows there is no margin for error and he’s out of the blocks fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

Can John Higgins possibly win this year...the title that is........?

We heard that 15 years ago though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Road-Hog wrote: »
    Can John Higgins possibly win this year...the title that is........?
    I don't see him getting past Robertson in the QFs, if both make it that far.

Today's order of play:

10am
    Stuart Bingham v Graeme Dott
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4 v 5 James Cahill (final session)

2:30pm
    David Gilbert 6 v 3 Joe Perry (final session)
    Judd Trump v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

7pm
    Stuart Bingham v Graeme Dott (final session)
    Mark Allen v Zhou Yuelong

I think the morning session will suit Ronnie, rather than Cahill, who was very impressive yesterday. Against other players, I'd love Cahill to have a deep run, but I would prefer an O'Sullivan comeback today. Also interested to see if Gilbert can get the job done against Perry. Plus, Trump/Un-Nooh should be a great match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,425 ✭✭✭Inviere

I think the morning session will suit Ronnie, rather than Cahill, who was very impressive yesterday.

He was impressive in the sense that he's an amateur player, playing an all time great under the bright lights of the crucible. However, most any other player in the tournament would have had Ronnie on his knees. Cahill let Ronnie away with an awful lot, albeit, understandably given his lack of experience.

• Advertisement

Was genuinely surprised at Ronnie's demeanour yesterday. He's been so focused for all the big events this season and I assumed he would arrive in Sheffield with a similar outlook. He just looked bored and uninterested yesterday and missed so many balls. The fact he missed so many pots into the centre pockets which do require a little bit of extra attention showed he just wasn't given it his all.

Needs a decent start this morning. If he loses the first mini session 3-1 he's in big trouble.

Was genuinely surprised at Ronnie's demeanour yesterday. He's been so focused for all the big events this season and I assumed he would arrive in Sheffield with a similar outlook. He just looked bored and uninterested yesterday and missed so many balls. The fact he missed so many pots into the centre pockets which do require a little bit of extra attention showed he just wasn't given it his all.

Needs a decent start this morning. If he loses the first mini session 3-1 he's in big trouble.

I hinted a little bit of disrespect from Ronnie. Played way to quick and was sloppy.

I hinted a little bit of disrespect from Ronnie. Played way to quick and was sloppy.
    He looks like he means business today. He's got the hair shaved!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Looks a bit more interested so far.

A break of 97 in about six minutes to level it up. Think Ronnie's gonna be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,919 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A break of 97 in about six minutes to level it up. Think Ronnie's gonna be ok.

Not sure about that now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah that's what I felt too.

Hopefully he gets it together as be shame for him to go out and not live up to the season he has been having.

Not sure about that now...
    He looks in much better shape today. Will be shocked if he doesn't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Yeah that's what I felt too.

Hopefully he gets it together as be shame for him to go out and not live up to the season he has been having.

• Advertisement

Cahill 7-5 up. The next frame is crucial.

Advertisement