Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2019 Coral Cup - ITV4's Trilogy of Events

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

So are there games on that aren’t televised, or no games on until the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

No games this afternoon. Second s/f tonight and final tomorrow. Bit odd itv couldn’t host snooker this afternoon given its got 4 channels but not complaining as am out all day anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yates in Commentary: There's Dominick Dale in the audience.

Hendry: That's the closest he's got to a semi-final in a long time.

OUCH !

As for the match I was quite impressed with Trump in his win over Selby but once again he doesn't look like he can keep it up. Hawkins is never a walkover and I fancy him for this match the way it has started. Hawkins 2-0 up.

Judd be very happy with 2-2 at the interval here, could have been 0-4 if baz had taken his chances and had a bit more luck with a couple of splits. A lot of mileage left in this match you'd think.

Yep. Hawkins will be feeling down he didn't win at least one of those scrappy 2 frames.

• Advertisement

I thought that was a great pressure pot into the center there by Hawkins when he could have had the cue ball put back. Clinched the frame with it.

He is playing alright baz, just gotta be clinical and make it count.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Can’t call this at 4-4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Can’t call this at 4-4

Regardless, Trump's temperament is much improved. He completely dismantled Selby yesterday and Selby literally threw in the towel. And here against Baz he is showing serious bottle when he hasn't got his A game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I'd be worried about Trump burning out here before the World's. I think he took a bit of a dive last week in Germany rather than have another big showdown with Karen, but this tournament is a bit unnecessary and could take a toll. Off to Wales next week. I wouldn't back him in that. That's Ronnie's all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

No games this afternoon. Second s/f tonight and final tomorrow. Bit odd itv couldn’t host snooker this afternoon given its got 4 channels but not complaining as am out all day anyway!

Snooker and horse-racing have a reasonable overlap in audience, so they don't normally show both at the same time. Hence Saturday afternoon is blank for most of their snooker tournaments. It's the same for most of their darts comps as well.

This is a tense final frame.

Disappointed for Hawkins. Enjoyable match though, best I’ve seen this week.

Hawkins had his chances, got very lucky early in that final frame a couple of times. No complaints really, very good winning break from trump.

Great second frame. One slip from judd but great clearance by Ali to steal it. More of this would be nice!

Maybe it’s just me but I find Phil Yates a very irritating commentator.

Maybe it’s just me but I find Phil Yates a very irritating commentator.

Not just you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Can't stand Carter.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Can't stand Carter.

Lost his cool here in the 7th frame, no need when the frame was far from over.

“Both players share a name with US presidents and right now this table is looking like George Washington’s cherry tree.”

A Phil Yates special!

“Both players share a name with US presidents and right now this table is looking like George Washington’s cherry tree.”

A Phil Yates special!

Yep, heard that. Perfect example. Nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

As Neal Foulds was saying it's good to see someone turning on the style a bit and entertaining while they are red hot and winning.

I wasn't going to mention anything about commentators but since the subject has been brought up: I've decided in this final I'm not a McManus commentator fan. It's not that he talks rubbish, he's insightful, it's just the way he says it, I can't put my finger on it, and also so far today he's hardly shut up for 5 seconds. If he can't think to say something about the state of play he'll go on about the players cue action or something. If he would just tone it down a bit and then another bit.

Getting interesting!

I like McManus, and his nickname, Angles. Dunno about the cravats he wears tho.

7-6 Trump, fascinating 13th frame there. Sets the final session up nicely.

Carter seems to be inspired by Trump rather than being put off by him. Played some great trump-like pots. Impressed.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Carter seems to be inspired by Trump rather than being put off by him. Played some great trump-like pots. Impressed.

Yeah I think Carter is the kind of player who plays his best snooker when he’s fired up. Tough to call this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Hardly necessary to announce the players again and make them wait around, coming back out after the interval.

Hardly necessary to announce the players again and make them wait around, coming back out after the interval.

They'll be announcing them when they come back from a in-session toilet break next.

Not quite over but can’t see Ali winning 4 in a row any day of the week. Fairly commanding performance from judd this, not missed a lot. Had a fair bit of run I think, but just superior on all facets of the game.

• Advertisement

I do hope Judd can keep this up and it's not just a temporary run of form. His successes might even inspire the other top players to up their game which as we all know has been a little flat of late.

Advertisement