Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Everything Pink Floyd.

• 24-07-2013 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Incredible, amazing, awkward, awe-inspiring, innovative, breathtaking escapism, beautiful realism...et cetera, et cetera...

I'll start with this, as I am listening to it at the moment....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭rednik

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Thanks Rednik, love that !!!!

And while we're in that classic era...

I'm sure we've all seen "Classic Albums: Dark Side of the Moon", but here's a great documentary of "The Making of Meddle".
    "The first real Pink Floyd album" - Nick Mason.

Meddle for me is my essential holiday album :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

For me Animals is their best.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 adelemcgovern

High Hopes....... my favourite Floyd song ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,223 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Anybody headin to see Brit Floyd in November? Presenting 'Pulse' live the Point (aka 'an' O2...)

Endacl thanks for the info. Didn't know they were coming. Ive been told brit floyd are actually aussie floyd. Do you know if this is true?

Endacl thanks for the info. Didn't know they were coming. Ive been told brit floyd are actually aussie floyd. Do you know if this is true?

Two different outfits as far as I know. Their stuff on YouTube looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Anybody like any of the barrett solo stuff? Although a lot of it is raw and somewhat unfinished songs like gigolo aunt and dominoes are imo truly great.
    But I hover between piper and animals as my favorite Floyd album depending on my mood, but they are all excellent in there own way

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Two different outfits as far as I know. Their stuff on YouTube looks great though.

Might be worth checking out so :)

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Anybody like any of the barrett solo stuff? Although a lot of it is raw and somewhat unfinished songs like gigolo aunt and dominoes are imo truly great.
    But I hover between piper and animals as my favorite Floyd album depending on my mood, but they are all excellent in there own way

I find the Barrett stuff a bit depressing tbh. Like a soundtrack to his implosion.

I must say, I'd have a hard time picking out a favourite. I've been 'immersed' in the Immersion box sets of Dark Side, Wish, and Wall, which I picked up when they were released. That's a lot of versions to get through! Also picked up fresh 180g vinyl copies.

My name is endacl, and I'm a Floydaholic...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

My name is endacl, and I'm a Floydaholic...

:(

Hello endaci, you are safe, I and others understand, you are amoung friends. :D:D

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Hello endaci, you are safe, I and others understand, you are amoung friends. :D:D

You're not friends. You're enablers.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,243 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

LOVE Pink Floyd. Animals is my favourite Floyd album, love its darkness and cynicism. Hopefully going to see Roger Waters in the Aviva next month, if I can afford a ticket. Saw The Wall tour in the O2 a couple of years back and it was awesome.

The wall live was stunning.

Speaking of which, dave gilmour's solo spot in London. Years in the making. Rumours rife for months beforehand. Will he? Won't he? Speculators speckled. Pundits punned. Musos mused... The finest gear, equipment, and tech support available to any musician ever. He appears on top if the wall to unleash the first solo from comfortably numb and.....

.... Somebody forgot to tune his guitar! WTF?!?

You're not friends. You're enablers.

:D

Just one more listen, one more listen wont hurt anyone...will it.. look at it going around and around.. kinda hypnotic i..s..nt i..t...

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Just one more listen, one more listen wont hurt anyone...will it.. look at it going around and around.. kinda hypnotic i..s..nt i..t...

Yeah..... You.... You're right. Just a quick track and I'm finished. Echoes, maybe....

The wall live was stunning.

Speaking of which, dave gilmour's solo spot in London. Years in the making. Rumours rife for months beforehand. Will he? Won't he? Speculators speckled. Pundits punned. Musos mused... The finest gear, equipment, and tech support available to any musician ever. He appears on top if the wall to unleash the first solo from comfortably numb and.....

Was watching that again on Pink Floyd.com and on the behind the scenes bit even Roger looked a bit bemused by the sounds coming from Dave's guitar,.wasn't one of his best efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭scuba8

Two seperate bands. The lead guitarist and leader of Brit Floyd was a founder member and lead guitarist with Aussie Floyd.
    I think they split over musical differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This song blew my mind the first time I heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Worse was getting the words wrong. :rolleyes:

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Worse was getting the words wrong. :rolleyes:

You'd have to wonder what David was up to there wouldn't ya?

In years to come we might find out he just sabotaged that track as best he could lol

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Just to put it up there.....

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good doc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Good doc...

Yeah, fine film on them all right thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭OldRio

Now here's a snippet.
    BBC Radio 2 on Monday 26th August from 8.00pm to Midnight a Pink Floyd Special. Including a 1 hour play by Tom Stoppard based on DSOTM.

Follow follow follow

http://www.fastcocreate.com/1683636/aardman-animates-teaser-for-bbc-radios-dark-side-of-the-moon-radio-drama

• Advertisement

Years ago whilst jarred I remember a very knowledgeable Floyd-Nut putting on a track by them that had crowd noise at the end from Anfield....

Anyone help me with that or was I smoking something stronger that a B&H??!

Advertisement