Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Belarmine Woods, Stepaside - Megathread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ginann

According to the ET website it's on the Dept of Ed. building list for 2015, highly unlikely it's going to start this year at this stage. At the moment they are sharing the new gaelscoil building on the Ballyogan Road

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustaGO

Did you get any more info/spec? Well your soliciotr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note Threads merged to avoid duplication of questions and answers

JustaGO wrote: »
    Did you get any more info/spec? Well your soliciotr?

Hi there, no we haven't. Spoke to the solicitor today and he hasn't heard anything. How about you?

mrthemooch wrote: »
    Ours is fantastically vague. One of the larger builds. Bit worried about that. Family work in the industry and he reckons it a bit too light on detail

Too light in what they've provided so far?
    Which isn't anything actually bar the site marked on one map!

What does your family member do and did he think we should be concerned?

• Advertisement

ginann wrote: »
    Hi there, no we haven't. Spoke to the solicitor today and he hasn't heard anything. How about you?

We got nothing either. There is nothing specific /detailed about the contract. They might as well build it from chocolate and you wouldn't know...I wonder if people who are to move in January/February got more info on theirs....

Have you signed yet? We're still waiting to hear back from ours before we go and sign

Have you signed yet? We're still waiting to hear back from ours before we go and sign

No we didnt sign. In the contract there is a part that is missing and it says to follow. We never even got that part from them.
    Our solicitor says that they know exactly what standard info is missing . They r not doing it for the first time....

We heard from our solicitor today, apparently they're looking to get the contracts signed. We had a clause put in to protect us in case we can't draw down our mortgage for any reason. I think this is a fairly standard clause that people put in.

Would you mind telling me what standard info was excluded from your contract in case it's something we're not aware of?

We heard from our solicitor today, apparently they're looking to get the contracts signed. We had a clause put in to protect us in case we can't draw down our mortgage for any reason. I think this is a fairly standard clause that people put in.

Would you mind telling me what standard info was excluded from your contract in case it's something we're not aware of?

Can u put the clause that if you cant draw down the mortgage they have to give you your deposit back?? I thought once u sign and then cant pay the money for whatever reason you lose the deposit and this is their way of protecting themselves...

Did your solicitor ask them for more info?
    There is not even a property size ,nothing really in our contract apart from marked house on the map and things u cant do around the estate and managment company fee.

Did they supply you with any extra information at all??

Homebond insurancy policy domunt and certificate according to their letter was to follow.
    That should be a part of the contract and we still didnt receive that. Just a remark in the brackets in the letter (to follow).
    Our solicitor said pages were missing not numbered correctly etc.
    He went back to them and ask to correct it all include more info etc.

• Advertisement

There was lots of legal questions that went in the letter back to them which I dont really understand bt also things like to confirm that there is no pyrite in the material they used etc.

I'm not sure about the deposit, our solicitor was concerned that we wouldn't be stuck owing them the money if we couldn't get the mortgage in 6 months, or whenever it is we have to draw, down due to a change in bank rules or some other reason that is out of our control.

We are going to our solicitor on Monday or Tuesday. If we hear anything in the meantime I'll let you know :0)

I'm not sure about the deposit, our solicitor was concerned that we wouldn't be stuck owing them the money if we couldn't get the mortgage in 6 months, or whenever it is we have to draw, down due to a change in bank rules or some other reason that is out of our control.

We are going to our solicitor on Monday or Tuesday. If we hear anything in the meantime I'll let you know :0)

But does your contract contains more info re house what build off what size of rooms garden all details??? Are yoy going to sign without these info??

Hey did you meet your solicitor? Did you get the measurements of each individual rooms included in the contract?

We signed, we didn't get sizes of rooms included. Our solicitor was ok with this, how are you getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

We signed, though haven't gotten detailed measurements/room sizes, and they haven't yet signed the contract and returned to our solicitor over a month later. Told initially we'd be in in mid Decemeber, now its the end of Jan/early Feb. EA won't let us get carpet fitters etc in to take measurements, "health and safety reasons" apparently. Has anyone been in touch directly with the builder? Getting fed up with the lack of responses and details from EA, thinking of calling up to the site during the day in the next week to try and talk to builder directly.

We haven't got the contracts signed and returned from them either. We were told March/April initially then the EA mentioned last week May, I'd wonder about that though if you aren't going to be in until Jan/Feb.

What house type have you bought? We've gone for a Belvedere extended. Would be interested in getting the measurements from you when you have them.

Have you been able to make any changes with the builders?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭MayBea

KingCong wrote: »
    .. get carpet fitters etc in to take measurements ...

You can find all the measurements in the planning application - open the document called Application and look for your house type.
    There might be slight difference (couple of cm here and there) in reality, but then it's recommended when measuring a floor area to allow a 5% waste for grading and cutting so you should be fine.

MayBea wrote: »
    You can find all the measurements in the planning application - open the document called Application and look for your house type.
    There might be slight difference (couple of cm here and there) in reality, but then it's recommended when measuring a floor area to allow a 5% waste for grading and cutting so you should be fine.

Thanks, yeah I'd seen the plans, think they are fine are as a general guide but as you've said they're not 100% accurate, would rather get someone in to take proper measurements, especially for carpets (noticed the plans for the non extended Belvedere show-house don't match the actual house very closely, for instance the plans show a back kitchen/utility room that doesn't exist in the actual house)

We haven't got the contracts signed and returned from them either. We were told March/April initially then the EA mentioned last week May, I'd wonder about that though if you aren't going to be in until Jan/Feb.

What house type have you bought? We've gone for a Belvedere extended. Would be interested in getting the measurements from you when you have them.

Have you been able to make any changes with the builders?

We bought a mid terrace Belvedere, they wouldn't agree to make any changes I'm afraid. We were looking for them to change the door on the under stairs storage, the small square door makes no sense, wanted to shift it closer to the bathroom and have a bigger door for hanging jackets etc. They said they won't make any modifications as they were already providing far more choice than most new homes (kitchen, tiles, paints etc). I'm not too bothered to be honest as planning on putting in slide out under stairs storage units ourselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sausagekayak

So have they even finished phase 1 yet? From what I understand there will be over 150 houses and there has only been 20 in phase 1.
    Would love to get one of these houses but wont be ready to go for it for another year or two, maybe a phase 2 or 3 will be ready by then, anyone have any idea on time frame for other phases?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 styles82

Phase 2 was supposed to be available to view end 15 but now looks like end Q1 2016. It seems phase 1 is possibly behind schedule at the moment.

We still didnt sign and waiting for few answers but ours is not to be ready till June but we expect with all the delays it might be longer again.
    We were finally allowed to see similar floor plan house as the one we picked had no show house and lots people didnt want to sign for that floor plan without seeing it. We took few measurements when looking at it and now comparing the to the ones from the application they are very very similar.

any news for the people who were to move in mid December? did u get more info? did u get final dates yet?

KingCong wrote: »
    We signed, though haven't gotten detailed measurements/room sizes, and they haven't yet signed the contract and returned to our solicitor over a month later. Told initially we'd be in in mid Decemeber, now its the end of Jan/early Feb. EA won't let us get carpet fitters etc in to take measurements, "health and safety reasons" apparently. Has anyone been in touch directly with the builder? Getting fed up with the lack of responses and details from EA, thinking of calling up to the site during the day in the next week to try and talk to builder directly.

Hi,

Did you get any indication as to when your house will be ready to move in?

Thanks

Initially we were told Feb/March then the last time I spoke to Sherry Fitz about six weeks ago they said May. I think they have just cleared the ground where our house is going to be, I don't expect it to be ready before July t least. How about you? Have you heard anything?

Ours is to be ready in June. Today the EA said she is meeting the builders tomorrow and will get the dates for the houses and call us back.
    I wonder when will the first houses be ready to move in??!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Hi,

I've been trying to contact Sherry Fitzgerald regarding the 2nd phase but they seem to always be busy. Has anyone heard anymore of when phase 2 will be released for sale? Hoping to purchase in this phase but want to ensure we are ready. I was initially told end of 2015, then spring 2016 but by the sounds of it it might be pushed back even further.

They are saying now that they are hoping for late spring for the second phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Thefact

I see people in the first Cul-de-sac have started to move in over the weekend. Looks promising that they aren't too far behind with their initial estimates.

Maybe I'll be in by the summer:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Thefact wrote: »
    I see people in the first Cul-de-sac have started to move in over the weekend. Looks promising that they aren't too far behind with their initial estimates.

Maybe I'll be in by the summer:).

Are you sure people were moving in? I was onto EA last week and they said they were opening up the showhouses again for people who wanted another look.

Advertisement