Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not what I asked for

• 12-03-2019 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

I had a simple tattoo done of the outline of a cat pouncing done on my shoulder blade, I gave the artist what I wanted.

Got it done two weeks ago, it looks more like a rabbit with short ears, than what I wanted.

I have a photo of both, they're entirely different....

I thought when it would heal it would come out like what I asked for...

Where do I stand ?

It's ok ye can laugh at me if ye like, I kind of think it's funny too...

But I think I'll go back to see if they can fix it or change it...
    I got plenty of tats done in that studio before, no problems

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is there a senior guy in there..? Talk to the boss,
    And see what can be offered...
    Otherwise start reading watership down...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

Markcheese wrote: »
    Is there a senior guy in there..? Talk to the boss,
    And see what can be offered...
    Otherwise start reading watership down...

Lol I might end up with a good story line, if it was turned into a hare, it would be better...

I have a pagan story going on, moon, cloud's,owl,tree....hare/cat

• Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Does it look the same as when the stencil was put on you ,
    Did you look at the stencil before it was applied ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Does it look the same as when the stencil was put on you , Did you look at the stencil before it was applied ?

This. On any of my tatts I've been asked numerous times before the needle goes near me am I happy. Usually when they first show you the drawing, again when they produce the stencil, again when they apply the transfer to the skin and then usually again one more time before they start inking. Why didn't you say something at any of those points???

Dial Hard wrote: »
    This. On any of my tatts I've been asked numerous times before the needle goes near me am I happy. Usually when they first show you the drawing, again when they produce the stencil, again when they apply the transfer to the skin and then usually again one more time before they start inking. Why didn't you say something at any of those points???

These are my thoughts exactly, its something on your body for life you should and are expected to take your time and speak up if you see something you don't like,

The Artist will understand, people like different things and will always be happy to talk through something you don't like ,

Or was the stencil perfect but the tattoo's ended up looking bad ?

• Advertisement

These are my thoughts exactly, its something on your body for life you should and are expected to take your time and speak up if you see something you don't like,

The Artist will understand, people like different things and will always be happy to talk through something you don't like ,

Or was the stencil perfect but the tattoo's ended up looking bad ?

The stencil was perfect, but the tattoo ended looking like something different.

I'll just get him to change it to a hare, as it'll go with my story line anyhow, hare's are part of our folklore it's probably a blessing in the skies lol

https://www.transceltic.com/pan-celtic/importance-of-hare-celtic-belief-and-our-duty-protect-all-wildlife

Tacklebox wrote: »
    The stencil was perfect, but the tattoo ended looking like something different.

I'll just get him to change it to a hare, as it'll go with my story line anyhow, hare's are part of our folklore it's probably a blessing in the skies lol

https://www.transceltic.com/pan-celtic/importance-of-hare-celtic-belief-and-our-duty-protect-all-wildlife

In the case of the stencil being perfect and you had seen the artist work before you have been very very unfortunate,

Any pics of the tattoo ?

In the case of the stencil being perfect and you had seen the artist work before you have been very very unfortunate,

Any pics of the tattoo ?

I sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

Tacklebox wrote: »
    a blessing in the skies lol

I lolled :D;)

Advertisement