Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I was rooting around looking for a hat and found three pairs of gloves I had forgotten about. Nice ones too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Post 6000 , I like round numbers
    Only took 11 years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Sitting in front of a turf fire in my PJs with a hot cup of ginger and lemon tea (or a dram of whisky if it's the weekend) and watching a cool music show or documentary on TG4 when it's freezing outside. It's quite therapeutic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I bought a 1 ltr thermos flask a few weeks ago and it's probably the best small/simple thing I've ever bought. Normally I like to have about 2 cups of coffee in the morning. This thing was roasting hot for about 6 hours. Haven't had to make multiple trips to the kettle at all today, just that one time when I woke up. Why didn't I buy this years ago???? Saves on electricity as well so I don't have to keep boiling the kettle.

My last cup was about 2 hours ago, and it was still piping hot. I love this thing. I want to buy another one so I can bring my soup into work and not have to reheat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

I bought a 1 ltr thermos flask a few weeks ago and it's probably the best small/simple thing I've ever bought. Normally I like to have about 2 cups of coffee in the morning. This thing was roasting hot for about 6 hours. Haven't had to make multiple trips to the kettle at all today, just that one time when I woke up. Why didn't I buy this years ago???? Saves on electricity as well so I don't have to keep boiling the kettle.

My last cup was about 2 hours ago, and it was still piping hot. I love this thing. I want to buy another one so I can bring my soup into work and not have to reheat it.

I have never thought to do that! I have some here for the kids school lunches to bring soup. But I've never thought use them myself when I'm having a lazy day at home :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I just saw someone on Twitter refer to Trump as Agolf Twitler :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 285 ✭✭Hellokitty1212

I’ve just got a question right on University Challenge AND the students didn’t get it!!!!!

If it wasn’t that I’d put out a hip I’d do a celebratory dance!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My baby crawled! Ok commando style on her tummy but still. The look on my dogs face when she realised the hairless cat is mobile :D

Antares35 wrote: »
    My baby crawled! Ok commando style on her tummy but still. The look on my dogs face when she realised the hairless cat is mobile :D

Talk about painting a picture!! I can see the dog’s expression!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Thats a great idea, must go looking for mine, it would be great to have a warm coffee after a long hill run...might bring a few biscuits !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I found my iPod nano that I hadn’t seen in over 2 years and listening to old tunes I hadn’t heard it ages

Somehow I got in my old little world walking to work and was singing to myself at the pedestrian crossing. Saw a man looking at me......morto

He just gave a nod and smile and we walked seperate ways. Sing to yer hearts content :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A person I used to 'work' with who was leader of a clique that didn't like me bc they didn't think I was a lifer like they were, when I resisted their bullying she set me up to fail and I did, they kicked up to anyone who would listen and sneered at me when I said it was a mistake. Lesson learned and I walked into another job within 2 weeks.

Monday an incredible set of coincidences meant that one of her close family's details ended up on my desk, my ex-colleague said that the issue was a mistake and anyone could make them.

TH, I was able to hand this one off to someone else and not have to deal with this kind of hypocrisy on the daily for what could be years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

A really nice cup of tae out of me favourite mug.

Running...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

The postman brought me my latest order of books today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The postman brought me my latest order of books today.

I got a new book too.
    That'll set me up for the weekend.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Working from home all the time, which involves very casual clothing. Have made an investment in a number of pairs of decent pyjama bottoms and socks which are great. But now that winter is here, the flimsy slippers I've been wearing have just not cut it. Until today, when a pair of lined slippers arrived, and they are so ridiculously comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This as far as I can remember is the only Saturday since October, I don't have anything hanging over me, no coursework or paperwork to do.
    Lockdown means we are all caught up on family support and the like.

Nothing to do that I don't want to do!

Food in my belly and a happy peaceful house after a lovely day.

Watching Mandy Finlay on the news.

Lady living with Down’s Syndrome has just completed a million steps to rebuild her daycare centre.

I’m humbled and inspired and there was a small tear I do not mind admitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Do you know when the forecast is for a drab and dreary day and it turns out to be the opposite? Today is a lovely bright day to go for a socially distanced walk of 4.999999 km (x 2) and get all that fresh air into you. Good for the mind and good for the body. Trivial little things like that can make one happy.

Saw my first roadside daffodils of the year today, despite everything it brought a smile to my face, as it does every year !!

4Ad wrote: »
    Saw my first roadside daffodils of the year today, despite everything it brought a smile to my face, as it does every year !!

Me too! And some primroses! :)

I had to go to the local supermarket to get a few things, and had a run with a lazy bitch who was sitting on her phone parked in the only disabled spot left. I was fuming and the heart was pumping . When I went into the shop all pumped , irene cara and the theme from Flash dance was on. It settled me right down .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I found a half penny.

I managed to bake a ciabatta that actually looks like a ciabatta should do! Feeling somewhat smug :)

I managed to bake a ciabatta that actually looks like a ciabatta should do! Feeling somewhat smug :)

It's great when you cook something that looks like it should. See an earlier post from me about cooking Indian food. It makes it so so much better :)

I'm alive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,149 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Revenue refunded me €420.00 Today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A friend is expecting a baby in August :)

Advertisement