Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft and Pyro

• 20-07-2010 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭

It's great to see Pyro being used in Airsoft stuff for some fun but I want to make sure everyone's aware that it's use must be licenced by the Department of Justice. If we hear that any site is using unauthorised/unlicenced pyro, we will close down the thread and ban the account. This legislation falls under Offences Against the State and that's the sort of thing that you can be held without warrant and convicted without jury on...

So please, to all site owners and attendees, make sure you stay legal. Airsoft already has enough nay-sayers and headlines such as "Bomb explosion injures 8 at terrorist training camp" from the usual tabloid suspects probably won't help.

Dav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭tacops.ie

Hi

I have been asked by Airsoft players, mods, and even the IAA to explain the matter of smoke at Command Post Airsoft.

So here goes

Smoke Machine

Site operators feel free to PM me for instructions on how to build smoke machine for outdoor use

0.jpg

Below are some of components needed
    SmokeMachine.jpg
    500w_Power_Inverter_Max_1000w_g.jpg

battery.jpg

Kind Regards
    Karl
    Command Post Airsoft
    ambushairsoft.net
    bookings@ambushairsoft.net
    086 369 83 15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sarge marcus

Hi are members of defence force allowed use pro on airsoft sites as they are trained in using pro in work ? Just wondering as my friend wants to know .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Hi are members of defence force allowed use pro on airsoft sites as they are trained in using pro in work ? Just wondering as my friend wants to know .

Nope.

Two reason that I can think of, though HRTA is the expert in these matters, 1) it would constitute an unauthorized pyrotechnic display at an unauthorised venue (assuming a unlicensed site) by unauthorized personnel and 2) if something were to go wrong, because the pyros we use are not military type (more like bangers) it would negate any training the army lads would have (in the courts not in reality) since they were not trained to use that specific device.

... yes ... I think thats my longest sentence for a week now. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

No.

The site insurance wouldn't cover it for the reasons Hive stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭darren ff

Pyro is used at most sites in the Uk and I have attended and used it there, but have to say I wasn't all that impressed with its performance and reliability.
    I had a few strikers for flash/ bang grenades not work , didn't find them heavy enough to go against the wind when thrown and found the smoke grenades had little or no effect.

I do realise I can't generalise on every type of pyro and all pyro grenade types without testing them all but from my experience I found myself more disappointed than impressed with every throw.
    That saying I would like to see a smoke generator on a site here , makes a nice game changer when running across dead ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement