Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where do you look for wedding band / music advice?

• 20-05-2020 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi folks,

I'm wondering where people in Ireland turn to to get advice on wedding music. Specifically,

Ceremony: type of music / musicians
    Reception: type of music / musicians
    Main event: type of music / choosing a band

There seems to be so many options out there but I'd really appreciate some direction for approaching this and evaluating options.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Weddings Online. They have a pretty decent website where you can see a variety of different musicians, bands etc.
    They do encourage you to join their facebook group, Help I'm Getting Married so you'll have fun there :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Our hotel recommend some bands to us. We looked at a youtube video of them and went to a gig they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cort

Weddings Online. They have a pretty decent website where you can see a variety of different musicians, bands etc.
    They do encourage you to join their facebook group, Help I'm Getting Married so you'll have fun there :-)

Do WeddingsOnline offer any guidance on selecting the music or do they just let you engage with others in the Facebook group?

I'm not on Facebook...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Cort wrote: »
    Do WeddingsOnline offer any guidance on selecting the music or do they just let you engage with others in the Facebook group?

I'm not on Facebook...

They won't offer you guidance as they are basically a directory of wedding suppliers.
    What it will do is put you in touch with various musicians and you could then research them yourself on Youtube, Instagram etc. Unfortunately these days you'll probably have to use some sort of social media to find what you're looking for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I'm in the facebook group and people regularly ask for advice/reviews of all sorts of suppliers. There are a lot of people in the group, so you'll definitely get replies. Or you could just do a search within the group for a supplier you're interested in and see if previous posts come up in relation to them. It's definitely worth joining.

• Advertisement
Advertisement