Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CoVid19 Part XII - 4,604 in ROI (137 deaths) 998 in NI (56 deaths)(04/04) **Read OP**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

"Over an out,Dee"

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

The Catholic forum are gleaming that there be no pubs open on Good Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

Doesnt need to be rigorous. Common sense will suffice.

Oh right so there isn't any need for the clarification of basic medical statistics or to find out the spread of the virus among the general population?

Grand so.

If its all the same to you I'm going to call for scientific investigation into the disease anyway. Its no inconvenience to anyone here is it? I hate to be a bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    "Over an out,Dee"

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Impressive manly voice when she said that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20200330_03/
    Concern over an epidemic in Tokyo as 160 community transmissions recorded in the city in March

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

https://twitter.com/AntiCorruptIre/status/1244394779028398081

Any chance the government could have these crazy people forcibly taken out of circulation at least for the duration of the emergency?

What was she rattling on about. I couldn't make out the thick Dublin accent. I did pick up a hostile tone from it but that was about it. Was she hoping on seeing people drop dead outside the hospital or something. Was she giving out about the restrictions/lockdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,999 ✭✭✭Talisman

Biden is really rubbing Trump's face in it.

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1244049631886970881

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Any chance the government could have these crazy people forcibly taken out of circulation at least for the duration of the emergency?
    First she goes on that planes are arriving with new people to infect us all, then she tells us that the hospitals are actually getting ready for the 5G switch on. So which is it FFS, the sekret gubermant plans to kill us both ways apparently. Jesus wept! And I say that as an atheist. Over and out, you're not on a CB you loop the loop.

• Treatment of 5 critically ill patients with convalescent plasma transfusion containing a sars-cov2 specific antibody. I know its a very small number treated, but its interesting as all seemed to show improvement. 3 discharged, 2 stable.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32219428/?from_term=Shen+C+Covid-19&from_sort=date&from_pos=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

Talisman wrote: »

Im surprised Biden even knows who Trump is at this stage,the man is losing his mind.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭V8 Interceptor

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Israel stopped all flights 10th March. All incoming had to quarantine for 2 weeks.
    That was when they had 75 cases ... They now have 4247

10th March a month too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

Talisman wrote: »

That would have cost him millions to run on the networks years ago. Now all he needs is a 16yr old with a smart phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Jin luk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭threeball

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Im surprised Biden even knows who Trump is at this stage,the man is losing his mind.

If Biden wins it completely due to this virus. Sanders was the far better candidate and had a better chance of beating Trump.

Biden called stopping flights coming in from China racist lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

There was some bullsh1t articles recently about 'How Germany flattened the curve', no they didn't. They had bought up all available ventilators since January, now that they have increased numbers they too will be running out of equipment and death rate will increase.
    Ventilators don't increase or decrease the infection rate. When people talk about flattening the curve, they refer to confirmed cases, not deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,341 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

threeball wrote: »
    If Biden wins it completely due to this virus. Sanders was the far better candidate and had a better chance of beating Trump.

Biden is much stronger in areas Sanders is weak like among older voters, black voters and has a major chance of taking alot of conservative leaning independents away from Trump which Sanders wouldn't.

Biden is walking election vs Sanders in rust belt and would have done same vs Trump with no virus. Clinton struggled in rust belt vs Sanders and that's where she lost election vs Trump by 80,000 votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭Jeff2

All good for testing at the airport. Should be done and then stay away from people after for a while.

Then 5G. Go away you nut.

Simple Simon: "Stopping flights from Italy just wouldn't work"

Italy didn't account for all the travel related cases, I think it was maybe 30% of all travel related cases

Ventilators don't increase or decrease the infection rate. When people talk about flattening the curve, they refer to confirmed cases, not deaths.

Which ultimately translates to deaths.

• Advertisement

Italy didn't account for all the travel related cases, I think it was maybe 30% of all travel related cases

30%? So why didn't he stop flights from Italy?

Which ultimately translates to deaths.

The curve you refer to is to do with cases. If we had a billion ventilators, we would still have infected cases

Stop flight from italy, they would just travel via London etc... Your not gonna stop people coming in. You would have to do a total travel ban and block off the northern border.
    This would create panic and you would have every Irish person abroad looking to get home and you can't deny them entry.
    And you couldn't quarantine them all. It would have to be self quarantine, but as we wouldn't have any cases back then. Then nobody would take the self quarantine seriously.

• Jin luk wrote: »

Lord help them. Belarus lost 25% of its population in WW2 (then part of the USSR) which was one of the worst figures of any place involved in that war. Of course CV19 won’t kill anywhere near that percentage this time, but the country will suffer terribly all the same because of yet another clown in high office (Lukashenko).

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

I’m getting really concerned looking at what is happening in France. They now using trains to treat patients. Spain and Italy are still rising in death numbers. Now our government are asking people from US to come home. NY is a heavily infected area. Why are we still encouraging flights home now when we are not screening or quarantining people??

I don’t understand this and no one can explain this. How do we make a voices heard to our government? I’m starting to get concerned about older people I know and the strain this disease is going to put on our health service. It’s not stopping in Italy or Spain and death rates are still rising.

My thoughts are with anyone who has lost a loved one to this disease :(

How do we make our voices heard ? Should we contact local TD’s ?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Stop flight from italy, they would just travel via London etc... Your not gonna stop people coming in. You would have to do a total travel ban and block off the northern border.
    This would create panic and you would have every Irish person abroad looking to get home and you can't deny them entry.
    And you couldn't quarantine them all. It would have to be self quarantine, but as we wouldn't have any cases back then. Then nobody would take the self quarantine seriously.

Other countries did this weeks ago. Even the risk of being quarantined would have deterred people from flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 eldudebros

Why are people so quick to rubbish the effects of 5G? What do we know? Nothing at all really.

Not one of us would have expected a pandemic like this to occur this time last year.

Already scientists and doctors have appealed to the EU to reconsider it due to health effects it may cause. Why bother their hole if there wasn't cause for concern.

You wouldn't get panic with Irish people overseas because obviously you'd repatriate them all when necessary.

So what was the point in Houlahan tracking everybody who tested positive for the virus and telling us where they got it (initially most of it was in fact from Italy) and isolating everyone that came into contact with them yet at the same time having the airport wide open to Italy and everywhere else?

And why do you think many other Countries closed their borders?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭h2005

frillyleaf wrote: »
    I’m getting really concerned looking at what is happening in France. They now using trains to treat patients. Spain and Italy are still rising in death numbers. Now our government are asking people from US to come home. NY is a heavily infected area. Why are we still encouraging flights home now when we are not screening or quarantining people??

I don’t understand this and no one can explain this. How do we make a voices heard to our government? I’m starting to get concerned about older people I know and the strain this disease is going to put on our health service. It’s not stopping in Italy or Spain and death rates are still rising.

My thoughts are with anyone who has lost a loved one to this disease :(

How do we make our voices heard ? Should we contact local TD’s ?

What are you going to say to them? Leave Irish people abroad to fend for themselves? Does this apply to doctors and nurses returning home too?

• Advertisement

frillyleaf wrote: »
    They now using trains to treat patients. Spain and Italy are still rising in death numbers. Now our government are asking people from US to come home. NY is a heavily infected area. Why are we still encouraging flights home now when we are not screening or quarantining people?

France are using trains to transfer patients to other hospitals, they are not using trains as hospitals.

Ireland is asking anyone abroad that can help to come home and help. They are advising other Irish people abroad that if they want to come home, to not delay as flights maybe cancelled etc...
    It's not like the government are ordering everyone abroad to come home.

All returning citizens are being asked to self isolate for 2 weeks. Every tom, dick and Harry know the seriousness of the situation and most, if not all will self isolate. Ya swear everyone arriving home is gonna go out and purposely try to infect as many as they can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement