Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour de France 2020 | Stage 20 ITT (Lure - La Planche des Belles Filles, 36.2km)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,144 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

That was unbelievable entertainment. The last hour was sensational

Thank god Pogacar didn’t go for the sprints!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Everyone has a bad day in the Tour. All the great champions had bad days. Pogacar had his day with the Echelons. Roglic had his day today and my god it was a bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Everyone has a bad day in the Tour. All the great champions had bad days. Pogacar had his day with the Echelons. Roglic had his day today and my god it was a bad day.

Roglic actually looked ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

That's the beauty of a TT, it's all down to the man, your team can't help you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

I think Jumbo will look back on their pacing strategy but on the day correct pacing may not have been enough to overhaul Pogacar . Roglic was 11th on the climb so clearly pacing wasn't optimal Dumoulin was similar back in 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

What odds was Pogacar for yellow this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Scrabbel

Roglic finished 5th and not far off 2nd. Even at 2nd place time he’d be well outside retaining yellow. This seems more about an amazing performance by Pogacar than a “collapse” by Roglic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭redlead

Amazing stuff. I had a feeling Rogolic was going to regret not trying to put some bigger differences against his opponents in the mountains when he looked like he had the legs to do so.

I think the eurosport commentators are being a bit harsh on him. He still finished top 5 in the TT so it was hardly a humiliating collapse Pogcar was just an animal today.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Has Lopez finished yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

cunavalos wrote: »
    I think Jumbo will look back on their pacing strategy but on the day correct pacing may not have been enough to overhaul Pogacar . Roglic was 11th on the climb so clearly pacing wasn't optimal Dumoulin was similar back in 12th.

Jumbo raced too defensively, they could have setup Roglic Sky style and launched him on the Mountain Top finishes, instead they managed the gap they had and shot for bonus seconds. Pog lost 1min24secs in the Echelons, clearly as he narrowed the gap he was a bigger and bigger danger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That was absolutely sensational. Best finale to the Tour in decades. It was a good tour up til this but now.... Cycling.... Bloody hell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Inquitus wrote: »
    Jumbo raced too defensively, they could have setup Roglic Sky style and launched him on the Mountain Top finishes,

TBH, I don't think he would have dropped Pogacar like that and would have been in danger of simply setting up Pogacar to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Pogacar has (most likely) won the Tour, had a podium finish on the Vuelta, won 6 GT stages and 4 GT jerseys.

And he is only 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

Roglic didn't crack in a bad way. Yes he underperformed, but he still came 5th on the stage 3 seconds ahead of Cavegnas time and just over half a minute down on Dumoulin. It was just an amazing performance from Pogacar that took yellow from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Missed it live due to kids training but delighted for Pogacar.

I just couldn't warm to Jumbo for some reason.

Feel a bit sorry for Rôglic at the end though....he looked ballixed coming up that hill

redlead wrote: »

I think the eurosport commentators are being a bit harsh on him. He still finished top 5 in the TT so it was hardly a humiliating collapse Pogcar was just an animal today.

I think Rob Hatch was disgraceful today. You can tell Roglic gave everything and for him to call it humiliating is disgraceful

In fairness to Wiggins and Kelly they just said stuff like “he didn’t have the legs today“. They were in awe of Pogacar (rightly so) but Hatch’s comments on Roglic were awful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Dodge wrote: »
    I think Rob Hatch was disgraceful today. You can tell Roglic gave everything and for him to call it humiliating is disgraceful

In fairness to Wiggins and Kelly they just said stuff like “he didn’t have the legs today“. They were in awe of Pogacar (rightly so) but Hatch’s comments on Roglic were awful

In regards Hatch, I can never understand why some think he's better than Kirby. Both come out with some awful ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

retalivity wrote: »
    What odds was Pogacar for yellow this morning?
    It think it was around 14-16/1 and Roglic was 1/4. That could have been before yesterday's stage though.

I had Pogacar to win the TT today at 15/2 (although fat use that was as it was an accumulator with Leinster to win :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That shot of Tom & WVA was priceless

That's going to be a meme for years to come

• Registered Users Posts: 24,290 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Missed it live due to kids training but delighted for Pogacar.

I just couldn't warm to Jumbo for some reason.

Feel a bit sorry for Rôglic at the end though....he looked ballixed coming up that hill

Same here. Sadly the first time I have ever seen emotion from Rog was that destroyed face coming over the line

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dodge wrote: »

I agree, normally like Rob hatch but was out if line today.
    Not that he cares but I told him as much on Twitter too but all the fanboys are falling allover him

• Registered Users Posts: 37,482 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In regards Hatch, I can never understand why some think he's better than Kirby. Both come out with some awful ****e!
    Kirby is far better than him, far more polished too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

An image for the ages

EiSmNRQX0AQRkQe?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

cunavalos wrote: »
    A rider on a Colnago has never won the Tour de France I believe

I think you're right. Giro and Vuelta yes, but no Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

To anyone that doesn't believe in miracles ...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,290 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Inquitus wrote: »
    An image for the ages

EiSmNRQX0AQRkQe?format=jpg&name=large

Love where they actually zoom in on WVAs eyes. It was just like this guy

skynews-drew-scanlon-blinking-white-guy_4786055.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Was Kelly commentating at any stage today, apart from the brief moment at the end?

Seems like he's being squeezed out of the commentating with fewer appearances in favour of more Dan Lloyd and Bradley Wiggins on the mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

does anyone know whose in the uae team ?

• Advertisement

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Was Kelly commentating at any stage today, apart from the brief moment at the end?

Seems like he's being squeezed out of the commentating with fewer appearances in favour of more Dan Lloyd and Bradley Wiggins on the mike.

He was on a decent bit. None of them are physically together so no real reason not to swap them around to be fair. Kelly and Smith still on far more than Wiggins and Lloyd

Advertisement