Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chime notifications for new doorbell - Unifi G4

Options
  • 01-09-2020 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭

So have upgraded from Ring Pro to a Unifi G4 ( my home networking and cctv is already unifi so it was a logical move), the only issue is that its a US doorbell so getting it working with the mechanical chime in the house is at worst a non runner and at best a massive faff. With the ring i had the remote chime which solved the issue but Unifi dont sell one.

Any ideas on what i could do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

for anyone interested in this it was easy in the end, i can use homekit and homebridge with the unifi and ring plugins to make it so that when the g4 doorbell is pressed my ring chime goes off.

jobs a good un!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Cyrus wrote: »
    for anyone interested in this it was easy in the end, i can use homekit and homebridge with the unifi and ring plugins to make it so that when the g4 doorbell is pressed my ring chime goes off.

jobs a good un!

Keep us posted on how you are getting on with this, something I would be interested in as already invested in the unifi ecosystem. Did you buy in the US as I don't see it listed in the eu store?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,670 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

THE ALM wrote: »
    Keep us posted on how you are getting on with this, something I would be interested in as already invested in the unifi ecosystem. Did you buy in the US as I don't see it listed in the eu store?

yes bought from the US, i already have a UDM Pro, APs, Switches and some cameras so this was the last piece of the puzzle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

Cyrus wrote: »
    yes bought from the US, i already have a UDM Pro, APs, Switches and some cameras so this was the last piece of the puzzle!

Thanks, the UDM Pro is on the list.

Advertisement