Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20/21 €50 H2H Draft League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

CSF wrote: »
    Yeah, there’s a draft section of the FPL site. You select your team at the start, and then you can make changes each week, from the unowned players. The person in last place gets first pick of the available players and so on.

Rules are below if you wanna have more of a look. It’s in about 3 hours at 10 if you want in

https://draft.premierleague.com/help

Just had a read through and I'd probably be divorced if I spent any more time on fpl so I'll have to leave it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No worries. If we don’t get an 8th person then an average team gets entered, which rather than being the average of all teams in fantasy, is instead the average of our 7 scores apparently, which I think is much better for the competitive side of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

Whoever gets me in week 1 is on the pigs back anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thought this was on at 10.30

Luckily I had the my watchlist laid out

• Advertisement

Jesus you were lucky if you got zero auto-picks, did you have hundreds in watchlist?

Would love to be able to see all the teams.

CSF the man to beat.

Good team.

eoghan104 wrote: »
    Jesus you were lucky if you got zero auto-picks, did you have hundreds in watchlist?

Had 40 defenders, 40 mids, 24 forwards. Hadn't included Havertz is the only omission

You can see them in draft room. I was delighted to be able to get Trent and Robbo again, Liverpool better not let their defensive glory slide now

If you go into the draft room on the RHS you can switch teams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I decided to not pick any City or Liverpool players to make it a challenge (I didnt really, I just fcuked up my team)

525633.PNG

CSF the man to beat.

Good team.

Wouldn't agree with you at all there, I see it
    Klopp
    Trimms
    Dearg (If Laca stays)

Megaphone could be the joker

Cheers lads had a look there, some good teams. Mine is the best though unlucky fellas.

Dearg with a nice team too especially if Lacazette wins his place in the team.

Green&Red wrote: »
    Wouldn't agree with you at all there, I see it
    Klopp
    Trimms
    Dearg (If Laca stays)

Megaphone could be the joker

No way.

If you were running a book CSF would have to be favourite and I’d make him clear favourite at this stage.

Obviously things can change but he’s got great weekly potential for the H2H format.

I picked Firmino, when there were better options, because I hated not having a Liverpool player last season. I do like the draft game more than the regular game.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Yeah I like Dearg’s team as well - plenty of players who could return double digit hauls!

No way.

If you were running a book CSF would have to be favourite and I’d make him clear favourite at this stage.

Obviously things can change but he’s got great weekly potential for the H2H format.

I picked Firmino, when there were better options, because I hated not having a Liverpool player last season. I do like the draft game more than the regular game.

Firmino is a great pick, got 160 last year and massively underperformed his xG

If Torres and Pereira go well I think you've the best team

I'm happy enough with my midfield, Grealish and Foden could go either way

Interesting tactics from CSF, he went all in on defence and got TAA and Robertson. I did the opposite and picked my attack first.

Yeah I like Dearg’s team as well - plenty of players who could return double digit hauls!

I'll need Chelsea and United to close the gap on the big 2 to have any chance I think.

Had 40 defenders, 40 mids, 24 forwards. Hadn't included Havertz is the only omission

It’s **** you missed out in the draft. Although it saved you the tension.

Auto pick didn’t work out too badly for you but I’m sure it’s knocked a bit of the shine off for you already.

Pepe probably the glaring pick you wouldn’t have made.

• Advertisement

It’s **** you missed out in the draft. Although it saved you the tension.

Auto pick didn’t work out too badly for you but I’m sure it’s knocked a bit of the shine off for you already.

Pepe probably the glaring pick you wouldn’t have made.

That was my point, there was no auto-pick, I had my watchlist set up since the weekend

I fancy Arsenal and Pepe to do well, have him in my GW1 team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Did we spot CSF was gonna walk it last year? Always hard to know until the games start. Transfers could effect us big time this year too.

Reasonably happy with my team but auto picked Pogba by mistake - who knows it might work out. I've got a lot more injury prone players than I might have normally picked without time panic!

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Interesting tactics from CSF, he went all in on defence and got TAA and Robertson. I did the opposite and picked my attack first.
    I did the same last year. I had Trent towards the end of the first round on my board (I believe there is still more to come) so was delighted to be able to pick him up after Sterling in the first.

Appreciate the kind words klopparama and reckon we were likely on the same wavelengths as alot of your players were people I would have wanted at similar stages, which probably explains the high opinions of each other's teams.

And interestingly we actually play each other in week 1. Good week to get me, since I'd be one of the guys whose first round pick doesn't play week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

That was my point, there was no auto-pick, I had my watchlist set up since the weekend

Kean was surely last on ur list! ;-)

I fancy Arsenal and Pepe to do well, have him in my GW1 team

I see. Still reckon you’d have done better ‘live’.

Your order would have changed. Anyway.

I added to my watch list but I did it alphabetically (Arsenal to wolves) so my watch list saved them in that order. Then I couldn’t reorder my watch list by just clicking on ‘draft number order’. Terrible website. So I deleted it and set two alarms. Had 2 coffees at 6.15am. Buzzing off my tits now.

Did we spot CSF was gonna walk it last year? Always hard to know until the games start. Transfers could effect us big time this year too.

Reasonably happy with my team but auto picked Pogba by mistake - who knows it might work out. I've got a lot more injury prone players than I might have normally picked without time panic!
    I was not one of the teams people were hot on the thread after last year's draft night, no. I had a really good feeling about my own one though, probably moreso than I do this year's. All of which likely means nowt in the grand scheme of things.

Kean was surely last on ur list! ;-)

He definitely was!

Jesus.

I drafted Sigurdsson. Panic draft if there was ever one.

Does he even get in to the Everton team anymore ?

Jesus.

I drafted Sigurdsson. Panic draft if there was ever one.

Does he even get in to the Everton team anymore ?
    Depends where James is going to play really. If they're playing Allan and Doucoure in the middle and play James wide, he could be a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Bloody hell, hadn’t got this thread saved as a follow and thought the draft was on Tuesday night.

Went looking for thread now to see what the crack was for tomorrow!

Good luck all

Advertisement