Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The GREAT MSPaint/Walrus Crossover Extravaganza!

Options
  • 16-08-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

Presented by Ectoplasm & fixXxer

We decided to combine our love of both these great games in to one world ending greatest show on earth.

7170770-abstract-grunge-music-background-with-colourful-paint-splats.jpg

tenor.gif

Drawing
    1. Draw an iconic album cover you love. Ecto and I will try and guess what it is and if we get it right there will be bonus points of some sort! You also need to submit a song from that album that we will score.

2. Draw a picture to go with your favorite line or verse from a song. We will also need a link to the song so we can score that as well.

3. Draw first thing that pops in to you head when you hear these songs

SONG ONE
    SONG TWO

360090_v1.gif

Music
    4. The Vincent Van Gough: Send us a song that you would rather cut off your ear than listen to again!

5. The Last Supper: This is it. You and your gang are going your separate ways, maybe to college, maybe to war, maybe years before you meet again, maybe forever. What song would you choose to mark the occasion?

6. The SCREAM: Send us a song that makes you want to turn it up to ELEVEN and scream out the words as loud as you can!

We're gonna leave sign ups open for a good while with this one so people have time to do their art. MSpaint, pencil & paper, whatever you like is fine. Send submissions to either Ectoplasm or fixXxer and once we have enough submissions we'll nail down a reveal date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

MSPAINTRUS!!!!

I endorse the previous message

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ohmagosh :eek: THIS IS NUTS!

I am so in. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,676 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

giphy.gif

You crazy cats! :D

Really not sure I'll have time at the moment but I love the insanity. If I can, I will :)

You crazy cats! :D

Really not sure I'll have time at the moment but I love the insanity. If I can, I will :)

We're giving people lots of time for this one, so no rush :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

I have no idea what is going on here.

I’m in!!!

• Advertisement

In theory I'm in but I have a lot on at the moment so in reality I might not be able to but I'll do my best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

This sounds wierd. I'm in
    fixXxer wrote: »
    3. Draw first thing that pops in to you head when you hear these songs

SONG ONE
    SONG TWO

Two separate drawings or a combination of the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

This is mad, music and mspaint... I'm in, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

This sounds wierd. I'm in

Two separate drawings or a combination of the two?

Two separate drawings please.

Damn, work is really hectic at the moment and I've exams next month I need to study for....

....my professional life is gonna have to take a hit because I'm so in for this!

• Advertisement

Drawing
    1. Draw an iconic album cover you love. Ecto and I will try and guess what it is and if we get it right there will be bonus points of some sort! You also need to submit a song from that album that we will score
    I genuinely struggled to get to sleep last night, my brain was going through album covers :p
    Were you hoping people would draw from memory or can we be looking at the original as we do it? Might effect how simple an image I choose!

I can think of four or five obvious ones, I hope they all come up

On the subject of drawing album covers, I remembered one of my favourite covers is Century Of Self by ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead. The lead singer drew it himself with a biro...

6dfb4bf0258e8903115ed0fc1682ebe3.1000x1000x1.jpg

This is the standard I'll be aspiring to :pac:

On the subject of drawing album covers, I remembered one of my favourite covers is Century Of Self by ...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead. The lead singer drew it himself with a biro...

This is the standard I'll be aspiring to :pac:

Meh. It's ok , I guess.

The xx's debut album is the standard I'm aiming for, because I'm more ambitious. :cool: Though I'll probably pick something less challenging for when I actually submit.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Drawings" and Song Choices submitted to fixXxer...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Love it.

Well done ecto. This is a great idea you've come up with. Very unique. Your a very creative person.

Go ecto!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ecto is a very remarkable and unique lady! :P

Actually, question on the criteria for this one:
    Music
    4. The Vincent Van Gough: Send us a song that you would rather cut off your ear than listen to again!

If, hyopthetically, I send a song that I absolutely hate but the judges love....is that a good score or a bad score? Do we score well if the judges also hate it, and get marked down if they like it? Or vice versa?

I genuinely struggled to get to sleep last night, my brain was going through album covers :p
    Were you hoping people would draw from memory or can we be looking at the original as we do it? Might effect how simple an image I choose!

I can think of four or five obvious ones, I hope they all come up

I don't have any album covers in my brain to draw from :o ...except a vague recollection of the debut album from the Suicide Parachutists...

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I don't have any album covers in my brain to draw from :o ...except a vague recollection of the debut album from the Suicide Parachutists...
    If you want some possible inspiration, you can check back to the Album Covers PEEHS 2: The Reveal! :)

Actually, question on the criteria for this one:

If, hyopthetically, I send a song that I absolutely hate but the judges love....is that a good score or a bad score? Do we score well if the judges also hate it, and get marked down if they like it? Or vice versa?

The worse the song the higher the points

• Advertisement

If you want some possible inspiration, you can check back to the Album Covers PEEHS 2: The Reveal! :)

Thanks EN, some great paintable covers there! :D

Right, so..... draw the first 3, send tunes in for last 3 - think I got it.

Prepare the wooden spoon fixXxer! Ima sending in my choices Ecto! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Right, so..... draw the first 3, send tunes in for last 3 - think I got it.

Prepare the wooden spoon fixXxer! Ima sending in my choices Ecto! :pac:

I’m looking at post and thinking 4 drawings ... apologies, I’ve drink taken! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

HeyV wrote: »
    I’m looking at post and thinking 4 drawings ... apologies, I’ve drink taken! :D

Yep, 4 drawings and 5 songs

Yep, I agree

DRAWING + SONG
    DRAWING + SONG
    DRAWING
    DRAWING
    SONG
    SONG
    SONG

Just checking :p

Love ElecNits post with the biro drawing :)

Yep, I agree

DRAWING + SONG
    DRAWING + SONG
    DRAWING
    DRAWING
    SONG
    SONG
    SONG

Just checking :p

ah sorry for the confusion :eek: ...and thanks for clearing it up! :D

HeyV wrote: »
    Love ElecNits post with the biro drawing :)
    Wait until you see my own masterpieces.
    I just tried a painting for Q1, it's bad!

How long will this be open for? Would love to participate but work a bit crazy at the moment :(

• Advertisement

Your paintings are always pure brilliant! :)

Am glad I don't have to paint for the last scream song! :eek: :D

Advertisement