Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Annual Zarquon League 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

kilburn wrote: »
    Hey all, I only use my PayPal account for this, on line purchases and paying monthly subscriptions.

Could whoever is acting the muppet and causing me problems with PayPal please get in touch, contacting PayPal for a refund is a really ***** thing to do when you sign up for something like this.

My account is being closed and funds held, seriously annoyed and when I find out who did you are getting booted from the league don't care what position you are in on the leaderboard.

Only takes one clown to ruin it for everyone.

Didn’t think that could be possible this far into the league, all money’s would have been transferred to you in September, would PayPal allow a transaction reverse after this length of time.

Poor form whoever did it. Thankfully I rarely use my PayPal and have only paid into a handful of paid leagues, I normally don’t do too well by the end of the season, so just “compete” to keep some interest in the ...let’s say, not so entertaining teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

All good here, I hope you get sorted. Maybe if everyone checked their account and posted here we could go find out who it is by process of elimination.

patmac wrote: »
    All good here, I hope you get sorted. Maybe if everyone checked their account and posted here we could go find out who it is by process of elimination.

Wouldn’t stop someone lying unless I’m misunderstanding what’s going on ?

All clear my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

No weird activity on my account either. Hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Nothing strange in my PayPal account , transfer out in sept, transfer in (for sale of a bit of camera gear) and transfer out for a kids toy, to a neighbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Jesus. That is woeful. I would almost recommend to not boot the person out of the league this year, and just ban them from future leagues. This year they would probably be only dying for an opportunity to consider themselves to have a valid reason to demand their money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

CSF wrote:
    Jesus. That is woeful. I would almost recommend to not boot the person out of the league this year, and just ban them from future leagues. This year they would probably be only dying for an opportunity to consider themselves to have a valid reason to demand their money back.

Good point I will do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Just checked my account - nothing strange either!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Also checked mine, all good my side ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Checked mine aswell, all good. Surely paypal can tell you who the person is? Thats the high of sore loser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 SJIII

All good on my side. Sorry to hear you're having issues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

It's a pretty sad person whoever it is.

Shanee. wrote:
    Checked mine aswell, all good. Surely paypal can tell you who the person is? Thats the high of sore loser

Must have rang 10 times says due to covid limited staff and bot replies on site waiting for someone to get back to me to try and resolve.

Message says your account is being closed so think I am goosed here. Everything was sent as friends and family so don't get how someone could ask for a refund, unless they said something else in complaint.

Until I get to actually talk to someone I will be none the wiser unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

This email definitely came from the official PayPal address?

Sounds like a phishing scam

Definitely not a scam have been on site and messaging them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Or someone reported it as gambling or whatever.

As you can't get refunds on friends and family I guess it was more malicious action.

If it was request for refund you would be able to track the transaction.
    Sad day for the community here either way.

Hopefully you can get in touch with PayPal soon. Hopefully they can tell you what was the reason for suspension.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Surely they can't just keep that money? there must be around €1200 there's 63 players in the League

Surely they can't just keep that money? there must be around €1200 there's 63 players in the League

There isn't €1,200 in there that's withdrawn and safe for everyone obviously I mostly pay out by bank transfer and mix of PayPal depending on what winners want previous winners can confirm that.

Obviously there is no issue with paying out at end of season I'm just seriously pissed that some clown would complain for no valid reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mno101

checked mine. all ok..lots of transactions before and since ...no issue. hope you get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

No issue on mine either. Hope u get to the bottom of it and get sorted - surely they have to give u an opportunity to resolve before closing.

• Advertisement

Yeah.

They would have to give you the opportunity to explain that, for example, it was all charitable donations to enter a prestigious league with all money raised going to a local charity.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Checked my account there - nothing unusual. Sorry to hear about this.

Looks like we might be down to a 2 way battle for the lead but the remaining place spots looks like a 4way battle for last 3 unless someone gets a massive score

After a nail biting finish and plenty of movement in the place positions the results are in

Well done everyone

1st Markx 600
    2nd Scorpion Sting 270
    3rd Skyster 170
    4th CSF 100
    5th Hardbreaks 60

Can you send me on payment details folks

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Hardbreaks

Thanks a mil for organising man!

After a nail biting finish and plenty of movement in the place positions the results are in

Well done everyone

1st Markx 600
    2nd Scorpion Sting 270
    3rd Skyster 170
    4th CSF 100
    5th Hardbreaks 60

Can you send me on payment details folks

Everyone has been in touch now and all winners paid out.

Thanks to everyone for joining as usual and good to see so many of the regulars taking part every year.

Not sure who the first person was to run the league but I believe our old buddy Zarquon passed it on to Lemlin who I think i then took it over from and after 4 years unfortunately it is time for me to pass this league on to someone else.

It really would be a shame if we lost this league so hoping a familiar name from the forum will take it over and keep it going. I will continue to join and support leagues as usual in the forum.

Bumping thread to see have we anyone interested in taking over this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I’ll join

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fergalc

Bumping thread to see have we anyone interested in taking over this league.

If none of the familiar names are up for managing it I'll do it, obviously I'll understand if everyone would prefer I regular poster to do it.

Backround, member of boards since 2004 and playing FPL since 2009

best regards,
    fergal

• Advertisement

fergalc wrote:
    If none of the familiar names are up for managing it I'll do it, obviously I'll understand if everyone would prefer I regular poster to do it.

That works for me Fergal you join the league each year anyway so why not.

Advertisement