Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Volunteering - ambulance services

• 31-07-2020 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I am interested in volunteering with one of the ambulance services. I'm doing a bit of Googling and I see there's a few options - St John's, Order of Malta, Red Cross etc. Is there any real difference between them or is it all much of a muchness?

I'd be starting off with only a very basic level of first aid, so would need to obviously do a bit of training first.

Thanks for any info!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

What area do you live in. Have you checked who has a presence locally?

I recommend you do a first aid course anyway, it prepares you for the basics of an emergency that can occur at any time.

I am a member of an organisation. We run courses and welcome new members. You can train up as much as you wish and the sky is the limit.

Advertisement