Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

20/21 Transfer thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »
    Does he start gw1 though

Ahead of Foyth? Absolutely

Aurier seems to have one foot out the door, and anyway hes an absolute liability defensively (not saying Doherty is great either) so Jose doesn't fancy him

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Benimar wrote: »
    Ahead of Foyth? Absolutely

Aurier seems to have one foot out the door, and anyway hes an absolute liability defensively (not saying Doherty is great either) so Jose doesn't fancy him
    2 weeks is a fairly short timespan though isn't it. And Aurier is still there for time being

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have you seen the tweet from the spurs official twitter account. Well played, I must say. I won't spoil it by explaining it.

Chelsea have agreed a fee for Havertz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Chelsea have agreed a fee for Havertz

Wonder what he’ll come in at - 8.0, 8.5, 9.0?

• Advertisement

8.5 or 9 would be my guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Leicester are signing Castagne from Atalanta. Seems like a good player, mainly a right-back, but is incredibly versatile, can also play in a back three as a centre-back or at left back. Hopefully he comes in at 4.5.

Diangana seems to be going to WBA, I thought for a second that he might be a decent cheap option and should get plenty of gametime at WBA but when I checked his FPL price; 5.5, too much for him. There was talk of Callum Robinson going to WBA which would have made him a decent option as a 5.5 striker. Haven't seen anything about that recently, hopefully it is still on the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm very excited by the news Diagana is going to West Brom. I thought he was a terrific addition to their team and he was probably my second-favourite of their side after Pereira. If he was 5m he'd be straight in my side but think 5.5m is tempting.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

I'm very excited by the news Diagana is going to West Brom. I thought he was a terrific addition to their team and he was probably my second-favourite of their side after Pereira. If he was 5m he'd be straight in my side but think 5.5m is tempting.

He's a talented player and I'm surprised WH let him go but I don't see him being much of an FPL asset tbh.

• Advertisement

Ceballos has rejoined Arsenal on loan. Maybe not a great fpl asset but he was an important player for them especially after Arteta took over and helps their other fpl assets i feel
    https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1301984663611809792

*edit also a good opportunity for someone to name their team Dani Onion Rings (some people will get this)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    He's a talented player and I'm surprised WH let him go but I don't see him being much of an FPL asset tbh.

Mark Noble put out a tweet saying he's gutted and angry about the transfer, doesn't seem like a happy camp at the moment. Apparently he was sold to fund defensive recruits and they want Tarkowski. It'd be a step down for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Anything lower than 9 will be a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Button is gone to WBA, great news for us Johnstone owners

• Registered Users Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Wolves are looking into signing Marcal from Lyon, a left back. This would impact the minutes for Vinagre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Newcastle have agreed a fee for Callum Wilson so looks like he'll be back to troll us for another season.

Wolves have also broken their transfer record to sign a Portuguese striker I've never heard of. Another one for the Mendes collection

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Newcastle have agreed a fee for Callum Wilson so looks like he'll be back to troll us for another season.

Wolves have also broken their transfer record to sign a Portuguese striker I've never heard of. Another one for the Mendes collection

He’s a Football Manager future best in the world type.

I don’t think he’s worth consideration for obvious reasons, but I think he might cut other Wolves attackers’ value.

They will want to give him minutes and I think the bulk of those might be at the point where games have already been won. Jimenez could be one to suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,594 ✭✭✭Cartman78

CSF wrote: »
    They will want to give him minutes and I think the bulk of those might be at the point where games have already been won. Jimenez could be one to suffer.

So you're saying he's effectively a Vulture Points signing???!!!?? :-)

So you're saying he's effectively a Vulture Points signing???!!!?? :-)

I would think so. They didn’t sign this guy for that price to give him no minutes at all. Unless he goes on loan, he would carry that worry for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

What you think would be his entry point in the game - 7.0 be fair?

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »

Has to be 6.5 max in a Bruce team.

He could well be 6.5 or even 7 but he and Newcastle would have to show some serious form before I'd pay more than 6 for Wilson.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Leicester are signing Castagne from Atalanta. Seems like a good player, mainly a right-back, but is incredibly versatile, can also play in a back three as a centre-back or at left back. Hopefully he comes in at 4.5.

Castagne in @ 5.5, thats disappointing. Hopefully he will play CB or LB and Justin will still start at RB, Pereira will presumably go straight in at RB when he returns so probably doesn't make sense for Rogers to put Castange there for a few weeks as they have cover there already but are short on the other side of defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He was 8m last season, do you think he'd be less in Newcastle than Bournemouth?

Shedite27 wrote: »

he was 8 coming off a season of 14 goals 9 assists, last season was 8 and 1.

Think 6.5 would be fair,

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Shedite27 wrote: »

No player in the Newcastle squad is over 6m, and while he was 8m last season there was large periods of the season that he didn't score/assist so unlikely to be that high, anything under 7m i think it would be worth a punt as cheap 3rd striker. 7m is probably fair thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Fitz* wrote: »
    Wolves are looking into signing Marcal from Lyon, a left back. This would impact the minutes for Vinagre.

This is confirmed now.

https://twitter.com/Wolves/status/1302652823029645312?s=19

I'd say Vinagre will be ahead of him in the pecking order. Looks like a backup signing while Jonny is out. He can also play at centre back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ceballos has rejoined Arsenal on loan. Maybe not a great fpl asset but he was an important player for them especially after Arteta took over and helps their other fpl assets i feel
    https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1301984663611809792

*edit also a good opportunity for someone to name their team Dani Onion Rings (some people will get this)

He's bloody 5m. He could be another Jorginho, but seems a decent cheap shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭St. Lupulin

Marcal will play left centre back in the back 3.

Saiss is the one losing his place.

Advertisement