Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Year...... New TV series

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can't take to the Irish Goggleboxers at all.

I did watch the one last week where they looked back at old Irish TV and really enjoyed that though!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Posy wrote: »

I did watch the one last week where they looked back at old Irish TV and really enjoyed that though!

We got a real good laugh out of that one ourselves.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

The Robbery of the Rosary Beads :D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I enjoy the Irish version, I find the UK ones try to hard to be famous seeing how well Scarlett has done from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

The Stranger was ok. Better than a lot of the Netflix shows that have been on. I didn’t find the relationship between the husband and wife to be very genuine. Don’t know if it was the actors or what.

Whitehouse farm was good but very dragged out. There were no characters that stood out to me in it, the detective that kept going was the only one that really hooked me in.

• Advertisement

I was interested at first, because it's obviously a very famous real-life case, but still couldn't stick with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,169 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I watched the Irish one and loved it but could never get into the UK version. I'd prefer the Australian version.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,979 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

We started to watch Gotham after Christmas/some time in January and honestly I think we might still be watching it next Christmas!! There are 22 episodes in each series and I think there are 5 series. That's a lot of tv watching. Enjoying it though, an easy watch.

Re The Stranger, I haven't watched it but I think it is based on a Harlen Coben book? There is another short series/mini series on Netflix based on one of his books called Safe which I thought was good. A few odd bits that were a bit 'eh what?' but overall, entertaining :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

miamee wrote: »
    We started to watch Gotham after Christmas/some time in January and honestly I think we might still be watching it next Christmas!! There are 22 episodes in each series and I think there are 5 series. That's a lot of tv watching. Enjoying it though, an easy watch.

Re The Stranger, I haven't watched it but I think it is based on a Harlen Coben book? There is another short series/mini series on Netflix based on one of his books called Safe which I thought was good. A few odd bits that were a bit 'eh what?' but overall, entertaining :D

Oh I watched Safe too, it's good.

I've heard decent things about The Stranger. I tried watching Gotham but found Season 1 a slog as it has so many episodes, I might finish it one day haha.

We might need to start offering boxsets ideas in case anyone ends up quarantined for the next 2 weeks soon!

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    We might need to start offering boxsets ideas in case anyone ends up quarantined for the next 2 weeks soon!

I just moved some posts to the Chat thread to keep this free for recommendations and tv chats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Finished 'Snowfall' last night (10 episodes), binge watched the last 4 as wanted to know what happened. Enjoyed it over all. Was on BBC so is probably on iplayer if people can access it.

TRS30 wrote: »
    Finished 'Snowfall' last night (10 episodes), binge watched the last 4 as wanted to know what happened. Enjoyed it over all. Was on BBC so is probably on iplayer if people can access it.

How do you access it ? Pm if you like. Would be great for the mother.

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    How do you access it ? Pm if you like. Would be great for the mother.

I recorded it off BBC2, not sure if they are showing it again on TV however most likely it would be on BBC iplayer. You would need a VPN to watch BBC iplayer in Ireland.

Not to make any assumptions on what your mother likes to watch on TV however just to say its about drug dealing in south central LA in the 1980's.

I recorded it off BBC2, not sure if they are showing it again on TV however most likely it would be on BBC iplayer. You would need a VPN to watch BBC iplayer in Ireland.

Not to make any assumptions on what your mother likes to watch on TV however just to say its about drug dealing in south central LA in the 1980's.

Thanks. She’d already seen it on bbc 2 anyway :)

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Thanks. She’d already seen it on bbc 2 anyway :)

Great, what did she think of it?

She said it was ok but she’d seen better.

Celebrity bake off for stand up to cancer starts this Tuesday on channel 4

Celebrity bake off for stand up to cancer starts this Tuesday on channel 4

I'd have missed this only for your post, nice one!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    I'd have missed this only for your post, nice one!

& i missed it anyway! :o
    Have to find it on catch up tonight if i can.

• Advertisement

Right finished season 2 of sex education on Netflix.

Need a new bingewordy tv series.

Need recommendations... go! :P

Have you watched Harlan Coben's Safe, or The Stranger?

The Sinner and You are also bingeworthy. Although I haven't seen the second season of You, so can't speak for that.

Russian Doll is also really great, if you haven't seen it. I found myself watching it all over a couple of days.

Been watching Righteous Gemstones with Danny McBride of Vice Principles and Eastbound and Down. I really like it however appreciate will only appeal to certain tastes.

Have you watched Harlan Coben's Safe, or The Stranger?

The Sinner and You are also bingeworthy. Although I haven't seen the second season of You, so can't speak for that.

Russian Doll is also really great, if you haven't seen it. I found myself watching it all over a couple of days.

Is you scary? My wife is a wuss haha. I’ve seen Russian Doll and Safe. Russian doll was great. Safe was ok.

Been watching Righteous Gemstones with Danny McBride of Vice Principles and Eastbound and Down. I really like it however appreciate will only appeal to certain tastes.

I’ve heard good things about this.

Is you scary? My wife is a wuss haha. I’ve seen Russian Doll and Safe. Russian doll was great. Safe was ok.
    A bit creepy, but not a horror or anything.

Unless she's planning on getting a new boyfriend in the near future, it shouldn't worry her. :p

We binged watched I am not okay with this. Good series really short, only 7 episodes and each episode is on average 20 minutes. So once you start you'd breeze through it.

Good watch would recommend it especially for fans of IT and Stranger Things.

If anyone has never watched Schitt's Creek, rectify this as soon as you can.

Just started season 1 now. It better be good :P

• Advertisement

Just started season 1 now. It better be good :P

Season 1 done, this was an excellent recommendation! :D

Thank you! :)

Advertisement