Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Volunteer Ideas

• 31-05-2019 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭ Mercy Spoiled Marlin

Hi there,

I am looking for two ideas if possible :)

1. I have 2 charity days I can use with my job. I am looking to do something that does not require much training as it's only likely going to be a days effort from my side.

2. We are looking to organise a work charity day for 10+ people. It seems hard to find anything where you can volunteer for a day without cost. Volunteer.ie has a large service charge.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,072 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are many charity event/runs/fairs looking for stewards on a particular day.
    I've never come across any service charge with volunteer.ie what is it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭ Mercy Spoiled Marlin

spurious wrote: »
    There are many charity event/runs/fairs looking for stewards on a particular day.
    I've never come across any service charge with volunteer.ie what is it for?

For painting it's just a charge the have for "admin". It's 650 euro. The other 700 covers the cost of materials like brushes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Ring a local animal sanctuary/ day care centre/today towns committee and ask os there anything they need help with.

A lot of places would gladly take 10 able bodied people to sweep/paint/ landscape etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am looking for two ideas if possible :)

1. I have 2 charity days I can use with my job. I am looking to do something that does not require much training as it's only likely going to be a days effort from my side.

2. We are looking to organise a work charity day for 10+ people. It seems hard to find anything where you can volunteer for a day without cost. Volunteer.ie has a large service charge.

1. Depends on what your interest is. Based on your comment about not wanting to do training it sounds like you just want to get the paid leave. You could do a soup run or homeless count that both happen at night which could get you the next day off.

2. Again I would suggest doing something for homeless services. You could book a hall out and do a general sale of clothes/baked goods/appliances no longer needed etc....

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭480905

Volunteer for dogsaid. Clean kennels, walk dogs etc. no experience necessary I would think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 navandude

As you say you want ideas that come without a monetary cost and only the day or two effort for the voluntary work.

My suggestions based on these requirements are:

1. As mentioned, you could help a local tidy towns or community group with a project such as clean-up, litter pick, planting, painting, etc.

2. You could use volunteer.ie to locate your local volunteer centre and ask them about once off volunteer opportunities such as charity bucket collections or bag pack days.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement