Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Charity challenge

• 11-02-2019 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have an idea for a challenge to raise money for mental health services. I’ve previously suffered with my own mental health issues and have family members still struggling with their mental health, so this is a cause very close to my heart. My idea is to climb Carrauntoohil bear foot. A bit out there I know! To be honest, I have my own selfish reasons for doing it. I want to prove to myself that I can and that I can keep going as it tougher and tougher. That in the future I’ll know that I can survive this. I have no idea how to organize it or how to actually raise funds ( which is the whole idea) or what permits I’d need. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

First of all I'd say contact a charity. Look through all the mental health charities and see which one you'd like to fundraise for. Then contact their fundraising person and see if they're interested in working together. They'll probably have a list of fundraisers you could get involved in, but if you want to do your own you could talk to them about that.

Advertisement