Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Stunt comes across as a whiney little bitch too on some of Sammy's vlogs, he's thrown a fair few childish tantrums on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anybody else love AEW Dark just for commentary?

Tazz and Excalibur always make me laugh

Also Jungle boy is so over at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Headshot wrote: »

I do not watch Dark but it is so lovely watching AEW and listening to commentators communicate to the audience and with each other like, you know, actual human beings speak.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Headshot Jones over here! They're right on the cusp of needing to reign the nonsense in and remember that they're supposed to be calling matches, but sometimes it's gold. They were relentless with each other in this week's episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I do like how Tazz will just randomly start singing Jungle Boy's theme during his matches

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Monokne wrote: »
    I do not watch Dark but it is so lovely watching AEW and listening to commentators communicate to the audience and with each other like, you know, actual human beings speak.

I just wished they would push some corporate tag line every 2 minutes and shoehorn it into a conversation that sounds forced.

“It’s jungle time Corey” or “here comes the unhinged John Moxley”

Also every time the undercard is performing they should always be asking “where’s Kenny Omega”

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why is no one watching backstage while standing at strange angles to the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Loughc wrote: »
    I just wished they would push some corporate tag line every 2 minutes and shoehorn it into a conversation that sounds forced.

“It’s jungle time Corey” or “here comes the unhinged John Moxley”

Also every time the undercard is performing they should always be asking “where’s Kenny Omega”

*Jake Hager enters*

JR: "it's HOSS time"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

Thank God Britt Baker isn't in WWE, could you imagine.
    "THE DOCTOR IS IN!"
    "THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW"

The possiblities are endless.
    The closest thing AEW have to cringe in that department is, "It's STIIIIIIIING!", kinda run it's course tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Regarding Dark tonight, I'm front row next to the entrance on the stage - Colt chats to me during the DO entrance and Jack Evans screams at me to cut my hair - a chant I turned against him when he loses. Hopefully they captured it well!

Just watching Dark now, I can't believe they robbed you of the TH2 entrance, I'd be raging

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

ThePott wrote: »
    Thank God Britt Baker isn't in WWE, could you imagine.
    "THE DOCTOR IS IN!"
    "THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU NOW"

The possiblities are endless.
    The closest thing AEW have to cringe in that department is, "It's STIIIIIIIING!", kinda run it's course tbh.

I kinda like that it's Schiavone marking out exactly like he used to in 96/97. Wouldn't work if it was anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I dont watch it regularly but I do enjoy it when I tune in.

Apparently with Rampage being launched Dark is going back to being a much stricter 60 or 90 minute show, which is much more likely to have me tuning in. One of the reasons I dont watch is because they release the card and it's like 15 matches :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

TH2 should join the Hardy Family Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

Omackeral wrote: »
    TH2 should join the Hardy Family Office.

They're great wrestlers, they badly need a gimmick rebrand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

I only just saw that promo TK cut on Nick Khan re NJPW. What the hell was that? Pretty cringe worthy to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭ThePott

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I kinda like that it's Schiavone marking out exactly like he used to in 96/97. Wouldn't work if it was anyone else.
    I understand that but when he does it every week it doesn't work for me. When he returned it was an amazing moment but every week it feels forced now imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Andradé El Idolo

Well now that's another huge get for All Elite.

With the WWE releases I was thinking I'd love to see Darby Allin vs Tommy End.

• Advertisement

Zicky in the crowd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Thought that was a massive wheel spinner of a show. Mostly missable filler. Some good promos, and love Andrade’s debut. But 90% of the show seemed to be stating the feuds from the PPV were continuing.

I understand that there is top slot shenanigans though causing issues for them. That the main event started at 11:45pm on a Friday night, hence when it was the bull rope match. So I can give it a pass for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Really starting to get a whiff of TNA from AEW.

AEW Official : So you worked for WWE?
    Talent : Yes I worked there for………
    AEW : YOUR HIRED!!

It’s getting laughable now.

At the end of the day, WWE had a bloated roster, stuffed full of people they were utterly wasting. It’s inevitable that means there’s a tonne of talent that AEW can absolutely utilise to a better degree. If they turn their nose up at everyone WWE releases, They’d literally have no one to choose from to bolster their roster.

Andrade, Miro, (inevitably Black) are guys who were or can be absolute superstars, but WWE dropped the ball on. Young guys with A tonne of potential. It would be stupid to turn your nose up at that level of talent just cause WWE had them.

What put me off impact was how they turned themselves into a place where said rejects utterly destroyed their home grown guys on a shocking regular basis. With AEW, they use the guys to bolster their own talent. Christian putting over Jungle boy, Sting putting over Darby.

Its a different overall philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

I always laugh when this shockingly bad take comes up :D I mean Andrade is literally one of the best wrestlers in the world they'd have been mad not to sign him. Not to mention all those ex superstars like Omega, Page, Bucks, Baker, Kingston, Cage, Darby, JB, MJF, Cassidy, Sammy, Fenix, Penta etc. giving off that WWE whiff.

The take actually gets worse when you think that the WWE championship match at the most recent Wrestlemania was literally a rerun of a TNA world championship match from five years previously. So I'm assuming there's a bang of TNA off WWE too.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,836 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hot Damn, it's so ****ing good to see Andrade in AEW

Can you believe this I was only thinking yesterday what the hell is he up to since leaving WWE....

My mouth is already drooling with the thought of the matches he could be in. This roster is turning into something epic tbh.

I'm a bit surprised there was no music to his entrance thou, they're probably still working on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

It's so laughable that every wrestling promotion ever has signed wrestlers who have ever worked for a company that wasn't them. Every territory was the same. NJPW and AJPW are just JWA ripoffs. Current WWE is TNA. AEW is TNA. NOAH is AJPW. ect. Ect.

I'm a bit surprised there was no music to his entrance thou, they're probably still working on it

There was a post on Reddit which said that Kingston gave an interview a while back, asking him why when he debuted, he didn’t come out to entrance music. And his response was basically that “why would I have music all geared up? I wasn’t being unveiled as a new signing by the brass but nearly an invader.”.

It’s nearly more grounded that someone like Andrade, giving off a vibe of walking out in his own volition, might not have a massive big entrance planned out with the top brass yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It's a different situation to TNA hoovering every wrestler let go by WWE that were either past their best or were a never was.

You could question the signings of Christian, Henry, Big Show and others of that ilk, but we know exactly what they are there for.

You can't blame AEW for signing the guys that they have that are there to compete. For the most part I've think they've been reasonably restrained.

Advertisement