Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,194 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you were headed towards or away from the N11?
    i only very rarely use the cycle path on that road. it's probably got every classic design mistake going, plus a few of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Nevertheless a truck hooted at me as he passed, and so did the driver of the next car, and when I caught up with them 20 seconds later when they were sitting at said red light he shouted "arsehole" at the top of his voice at me.

Projection.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Can we lose the poll now? clogs up the page !

PS I want the Party Bus back......

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Enfilade wrote: »
    Looks like only the driver voted for that bus :p

Stolen from Funny GIF thread:
    x9j9rks.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Beasty wrote: »
    I'm happy the current mod team have blessed my recommendation:

The Beasty Almanac

I'm going to use it to advise you all of what I consider some very interesting facts

Fact #1 Autumn has arrived

Spring forward, autumn's back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

you were headed towards or away from the N11?
    i only very rarely use the cycle path on that road. it's probably got every classic design mistake going, plus a few of its own.

Away from the N11, therefore approaching Torquay Road junction coming downhill. I could have hit the breaks sharpish to avoid the pedestrian or hop onto the road, which seemed the safer option in those particular circumstances. However, I figured explaining that to either of the 2 individuals who had hooted at me wasn't going to work ...

Oh, and yes, the design of that particular cycle path really beggars belief.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

RobFowl wrote: »
    Can we lose the poll now? clogs up the page !

PS I want the Party Bus back......

Can you still see it, or is it gone? Might have to take some sort of drastic measures to actually get rid it!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Embarrassing confession time. None of us know how to delete the poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Embarrassing confession time. None of us know how to delete the poll.

Ah lads, do they not go through this kind of stuff at the mod meetings?

My exams are over thank feck, my training plan starts today and it turns out day 1 is a rest day.... it's the hillclimbing plan on strava I'm going to follow

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ah lads, do they not go through this kind of stuff at the mod meetings?

We've been looking for a training day for ages. Not to mention a creche.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭buffalo

Do Rothar take old (usable) parts for assembly into bikes?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

buffalo wrote: »
    Do Rothar take old (usable) parts for assembly into bikes?

Apparently not anymore, but the rediscover centre in Ballymun does as far as I know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,194 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

last time i asked, the rediscovery centre were being picky, due to their warehouse being full to capacity. though they did sell off some of the furniture recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

apparently these guys do: https://www.facebook.com/rebikeireland/

i think at least one boardsie cycles along this road to work, but not at a time where they'd have witnessed anything, let alone caught it on camera?

http://www.thejournal.ie/coolmine-hit-and-run-3987778-May2018/

i think at least one boardsie cycles along this road to work, but not at a time where they'd have witnessed anything, let alone caught it on camera?

http://www.thejournal.ie/coolmine-hit-and-run-3987778-May2018/

Only took 3 comments to have a dig a cyclists there ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

That's an obscene waste :( :mad:
    How can the companies afford to lose so many bikes? So many companies on such a scale? They should have to pay massive waste charges. They don't look like they're being recycled either. Also you can't re cycle tyres that easy.
    It's obscene.

Waste of aluminium, steel and rubber for a start. Not to mention the energy that was used. Was thinking you could ship them to countries that could use them rather than leave them to the elements but then how many would you fit in a shipping container vs the sheer number there :eek:

Had a few quid tucked away for a holiday with my now ex gf... Di2 upgrade kit here I come :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Had a few quid tucked away for a holiday with my now ex gf... Di2 upgrade kit here I come :pac:

every cloud eh !

I wonder what I could get for a marriage and two kids. If a girlfriend gets you DI2, I'd be looking at magnets in the rear disc wheels or a decent motor for the downtube.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I wonder what I could get for a marriage and two kids. If a girlfriend gets you DI2, I'd be looking at magnets in the rear disc wheels or a decent motor for the downtube.

Looking at your hillclimb effort you need neither.

Looking at your hillclimb effort you need neither.

This year, I need a motor to climb out of bed let alone up a hill.

rather than me spamming the 24 hour time trial thread with stupid questions, just a pedantic question - if a time trial is 'what time you can ride course of distance X in', what do you call a race which is 'what distance can you ride in time Y'?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭buffalo

http://www.decision-making-confidence.com/am-i-in-a-cult.html

Some questions for those who might spend a lot of time on the bike, or maybe just on this forum...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

I wonder what I could get for a marriage and two kids.

I have this on my desk in work.......

money.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I wonder what I could get for a marriage and two kids.

I'll sell you mine for a steel Raleight TI 753 with super record..

Autonomous vehicles are really not close to being ready for road scenarios beyond very predictable ones. Road testing being suspended or scaled back by a few companies now.

http://www.eschatonblog.com/2018/05/im-prophet.html

• Advertisement

On the other hand, an AV probably wouldn't do this:
    https://twitter.com/AlanMCole/status/991321845235412994

Advertisement