Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

• 25-08-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Lately it seems I've constantly got bike stuff in the post. I've not yet hit the "i'm not spending another f**king penny " mood but getting close, but there's always something i need! Last week it was SKS raceblades, week before that it was reflective helmet cover, then it was a neck warmer and gloves.

This week KMC 10sp chain and a rear LED light , added the rear light to get my free P&P, still needed it though.

So what's on it's way to you right now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

A Castelli murr jacket. I got one a couple of years ago and it was the best jacket I have bought until I washed it and it started leaking. Will be washing properly this time.

Im looking at a helmet,gilets,shoes,socks,wheels……. fu-k sake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

A load of tubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 newbiecamper

New gear cables x 2 and mudguard sets x 2. Getting ready for winter and mudguards only seem to last one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

New groupset for the commuter, i am a sucker!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Still more winter purchasing to be done..
    Damn you winter!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

99p water proof pouch from eBay coming from China.

Hincapie jacket from a seller here.

SRAM out-front mount for my winter bike (eBay again)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

A second hand pair of pedals and a new track chain arrived this morning. That'll be it until after Christmas I think boo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

new shoes, bibs and waterproofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Bottom bracket and gear cables

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

99p water proof pouch from eBay coming from China.

Waterproof for 99p? Sure..... :D

On a serious note, do I need one of these ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭cython

jon1981 wrote: »

Mine costs a lot less than 99p (just may be of limited durability) :pac::

ziploc_bags_s.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A Quarq powermeter

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

A €40 euro fixed penalty.......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A Kask Vertigo 2.0 helmet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

FiZik bar tape

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

ortlieb rollar back city panniers (to go on the dawes karakum I've just taken delivery of)....gotta love the bike to work scheme, already looking forward to getting my 3rd bike on it in 5 years time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

****stoppers. high viz of course, a warm cap and I cant remember the third thing, just ordered off crc there a minute ago, just checked and its a skewer for the turbo all for under 30, my cheapest outing yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

32GB memory card for helmet camera

Its just a fancy zip lock bag with a hole to tie a string to, but it looks to be a heavy grade of plastic, for 99p its worth a punt (no pun intended). Its just for my phone and key during the winter.

99p Water Prooof bag from eBay

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JBokeh

Hope 40 tooth expander sprocket for the rear, to give me an 11-40 effective cassette range, which will let me run a 34 or 36 chainring at the front without it feeling like my legs are warping from the climbs. Handy gadget, you remove the 15t cog from the cassette, and put the 40t on the hub body first, and then the rest of the cassette without the 15t. Gives the range of 11 speed without the cost, or the allegedly fragile chain,only downside is the 17 to 13 gap high up the cassette.

Got some dura ace ebay brake callipers because my road ultegra ones are gone stiff, could put grease in them, but buying secondhand seems like good value

• Advertisement

JBokeh wrote: »
    Hope 40 tooth expander sprocket for the rear, to give me an 11-40 effective cassette range, which will let me run a 34 or 36 chainring at the front without it feeling like my legs are warping from the climbs. Handy gadget, you remove the 15t cog from the cassette, and put the 40t on the hub body first, and then the rest of the cassette without the 15t. Gives the range of 11 speed without the cost, or the allegedly fragile chain,only downside is the 17 to 13 gap high up the cassette.

Got some dura ace ebay brake callipers because my road ultegra ones are gone stiff, could put grease in them, but buying secondhand seems like good value

I'm assuming the 40T is for a MTB?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Damn you rosebikes - too much nice stuff - currently in the post - all the stuff I forgot in the order I made last week for a 1990s MTB retro rebuild:

* 107mm bottom bracket (square taper)
    * cheap 27.0 mm seatpost because I don't want to hammer in the expensive 27.2mm seatpost in my spares box
    * a 5mm spacer for a 1inch headset because I don't need the canti hanger - moving up to v-brake (yeah!)
    * another LED headlamp for dynamo (winter is coming! - halogen ain't going to cut it)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

A 105 groupset, set of RS010 11 speed compatible wheels & cassette for the winter and pair of Castelli bibs. Hoping I've gotten the sizing right on the bibs this time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Mail order bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Lately it seems I've constantly got bike stuff in the post. I've not yet hit the "i'm not spending another f**king penny " mood but getting close, but there's always something i need! Last week it was SKS raceblades, week before that it was reflective helmet cover, then it was a neck warmer and gloves.

This week KMC 10sp chain and a rear LED light , added the rear light to get my free P&P, still needed it though.

So what's on it's way to you right now?
    new tyres(but im gonna go to my lbs)

Should have added to my previous post, I've a set of Northwave Torpedo Plus (Canyon shoe sale), and a Gabba convertible in or soon to be in the post at the moment. I'd have killed for the latter yesterday evening in one shower I got caught in on the way out to Corkagh Park to spectate/support!

Zyzz wrote: »
    Mail order bride.

Are they a cyclist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭link_2007

gadetra wrote: »
    Are they a cyclist?
    No, but he's going to ride her......

Sorry, it's too early for jokes like that.

I just thought it was his way of putting an actually number on the much-maligned S-1 quantity in order to keep a bike-buying addiction in check......

• Advertisement

link_2007 wrote: »
    No, but he's going to ride her......

Sorry, it's too early for jokes like that.

Why assume It's a her?

Zyzz has several new bikes to buy. Crashing a race bike means there must be at least two replacements :D

Advertisement