Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off Topic Discussion Thread

• 19-06-2014 11:58pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

so after the last thread hit 10,000 posts a new thread was needed and here it is so have it it lads:

off-topic.jpg
    Post edited by Necro on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Time to defile another thread! I'll grab the cold pizza from the fridge and kick off the shoes!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭cena

It felt like yesterday when the last thread started.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

The other thread was better :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Jeez was my post about Japan that uninsightful you had to go into lockdown :(

They really were poor though.
    So far I've wasted money on Spain to win outright and Australia not to score a single goal all comp(hats off Tim Cahill)

Still have Germany to win 13/2

Benzema each way 40/1

I have got no idea why i did but i also backed England purely burning money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Didn't know the power of the draw no bet accumulator until Japan had a ****er. Very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New thread? Oooh shiny! So what can and can't we touch until the paint's dry?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Japan are woeful. That is all

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Japan let me down last night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Didn't know the power of the draw no bet accumulator until Japan had a ****er. Very impressed.

how does that work exactly?

D.Q wrote: »
    how does that work exactly?
    So I had 50c on Uruguay, Columbia and Japan on a draw no bet. The Japan result was marked void and not counted because it was a draw. Got €1.88 back. Don't like betting big amounts because I've only had to stick in €20 in my account in 3 years.

• Advertisement

Hoping Italy draw against Costa Rica or Costa Rica win
    (Either way, England's chances of progressing are slim to non existent)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I'm sickened, really wanted to see them do well. :(

Didn't mind that England team but seeing Costa Rica qualify was what football is all about: people raving about a defensive midfielder who can pass a ball and him having an absolute ****er against the home of Jurassic Park.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

England out!

Costa Rica, the team Irelands second string drew 1-1 with a few weeks back through!

WTF!

No matter who you / they are I don't think anyone can claim to have called Costa Rica being the team on 6pts after 2 games in a group with England, Italy & Uruguay, fair play to them, this WC has its underdogs story for sure now and as they will be playing a team from Group C in the next round (most likely not Columbia) they will have a chance of going even further!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If you'd handed me a list with Italy, England, Uruguay and Costa Rica on it, I'd likely have had CR as the easy "4th Place" pick....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    If you'd handed me a list with Italy, England, Uruguay and Costa Rica on it, I'd likely have had CR as the easy "4th Place" pick....

tbh I think everyone would, whether they admit that now or not.

Glad i didn't back Switzerland against France,

I did and much like Seán Fitzpatrick I'm taking the country down with me.

Meant to be going to a wedding tomorrow night. Got an evening invention to a school friends wedding. Don't think I'll go, cause by the time I go everyone well be well on the drink and as I don't drink I well end up being by myself. It's happened my a time I have gone out with them.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I know it sucks but if you're mates with the groom you should go - it'll mean a lot to him, he'll remember who was/wasn't there. You don't have to stay all night or anything, just make an appearance and say hellooo

• Advertisement

I think the fact you're wondering about it means you have a bit of a inclination to go, which is a positive thing. As jayk said you can be in and out of these things within about 20 minutes just wishing people well. Been in the same situation before, not so much weddings, but engagements/21st's/going-aways but always make the effort and it is always remembered. Being dry doesn't mean it won't be good fun either.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I know it sucks but if you're mates with the groom you should go - it'll mean a lot to him, he'll remember who was/wasn't there. You don't have to stay all night or anything, just make an appearance and say hellooo
    Friends with the bride. Don't know anything about the groom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I agree with Jay and Diabhal. I know how you feel. I usually show up, say hello have a quick chat with whoever the function is for and slowly slip out when everyone is busy dancing or partying.

That being said you might be lucky and bump into other non-drinkers and have your own little cool kid table :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Anywhere here able to get Sky Go on PS3?

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between a 6 stringed guitar & a 7 stringed guitar, (besides the 7 stringer having an extra string).

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me what the difference is between a 6 stringed guitar & a 7 stringed guitar, (besides the 7 stringer having an extra string).

Ha! Never expected to see that question on PW boards. Besides being more expensive, it's used to extend the lower 'bass' levels. So there's additional lower notes below the E string (it's a B string). Sounds very sexy. Chords work on the lower level but you'll have to change finger placement of the ring/pinky or it'll be off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Lithium93_ wrote: »

KoЯn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Bah Gawd, no more booze. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

So happy apparently I booked 2 weeks off earlier in the year but never remembered but it's next week so I'm off for 2 weeks starting next Monday get to see all the football chuffed to bits. Considering I work in the bar trade at a place with a massive beer garden getting time off in the summer is a massive achievement. Might even go down the country or possibly abroad. Any idea bare in mind I'll be on my own but that's no biggie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

And how would that phonecall go Ian?:rolleyes:

Bq2JUKdCIAAhqYM.jpg

Advertisement