Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just General Chat About WoT

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hmm, I can't find where I saw that now. Might be best to ignore that.

Edit: found it, it's the Asian calendar:

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/49/flaming-may-specials/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I only have Germans and Russians. No way I am able to go even near that challenge. A bit meh, of you ask me.

Tried to play Wot in surround. Had an issue with aspect ratio, but after finding the right one I gave it a blast.

Good stuff: ITS FREAKING AWESOME! This is the second game/genre after Racing games where I see triple monitor setup actually useful and good. Bigger field of you is very handy and you can really notice extra stuff and get a better feel of your location and enemy position.

Bad stuff: ITS FREAKING HAMMERING MY PC :(! My 2500k, 8gb, GTX680 Pc is getting hammered. With few bits turned off I can get a very nice/ish 50 fps, but as soon as I go in to scope mode it drops to 20 fps and makes it pretty much unplayable. :(

Anyone else play on 3 monitor setup and got a sweet settings spot for it? I really dont want to drop Settings way too low and have it look like ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

... Bigger field of you ...

?

?

*view. The god damn spell checker.

• Advertisement

So, I finally got my. Russian medium t-44 tier 8 tank last night. I spent a silly amount of gold to transfer xp in to free xp, so I could buy upgrades right of the bat. The only thing I am missing are engines, but I have to say that even stock engine is still good. I went for 100mm ( better one) gun too. 122mm looked tempting, but I really want faster aiming and better accuracy guns on my medium tanks due to gun and run tactics.
    I played very few games in it so far, but I can already see why people think t43 is rubbish. T-44 is just over all better, faster, stronger ( front and sides at least) and can land a good punch. Turret speed is mind blowing too.

So yeah, looking forward playing it now, but I will need to work a lot to get all that xp again. I got time though as I use tanks earned xp to unlock next tank and free xp to buy upgrades right away, I hate rolling in to battle with fresh stock tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

grats, t44 is a great tank, as i said, it egts very mixed reviews but its awsome once you learn how to play it.

the 122mm is only there for historical reasons, dont ever use it!! :D

have a standard account from sunday till payday friday, so only playing tiers 5 to 7, had some great games last night, cant get enough of the chinese lights.. tempted to go for the heavies now.

bought the type 64 premium after quickybabys review, i lvoe it, my win rate is **** so far but its so much fun i dont give a fook about the stats!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    grats, t44 is a great tank, as i said, it egts very mixed reviews but its awsome once you learn how to play it.

the 122mm is only there for historical reasons, dont ever use it!! :D

have a standard account from sunday till payday friday, so only playing tiers 5 to 7, had some great games last night, cant get enough of the chinese lights.. tempted to go for the heavies now.

bought the type 64 premium after quickybabys review, i lvoe it, my win rate is **** so far but its so much fun i dont give a fook about the stats!

Cheers, looking forward to give it a good spin tonight. Hopefully Mm gods will have mercy one me.
    My status wise.... I usually just put some sticky tape, so I would not see my win ratio! :pac: I am afraid even to look at it now. Fecking around in tier 4 with buddies in platoon does not help it one bit too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,053 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

http://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/44/special-military-parade-2014/

4 days of x5 for the first win, that'll make the Super Pershing mission a lot quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Awesome special, gonna take a big chunk out of my 17 million credits. Got a few tier 6 tanks to buy and time to stock up on equipment and consumables again.

• Advertisement

Guys, You know all those skills and perk on Crews. Each member of crew can have only one? Or when it gets to 100% I can start one more?

I only discovered recently that 6th sense is pretty much a must have perk and non of my crew got it, but they got other skills/perks in 90ies %. So I want to know if I can train that skill and start on 6th sense or do I drop it now?

Guys, You know all those skills and perk on Crews. Each member of crew can have only one? Or when it gets to 100% I can start one more?

I only discovered recently that 6th sense is pretty much a must have perk and non of my crew got it, but they got other skills/perks in 90ies %. So I want to know if I can train that skill and start on 6th sense or do I drop it now?

You can have as many as you can grind the XP for. Only a commander can have sixth sense though. But you can only improve one skill at a time, so no 50% in one, and 60% in another. A skill must be completed before a new one can be worked on.

Note as well that the requirements for each subsequent skill increase exponentially.

Spear wrote: »
    You can have as many as you can grind the XP for. Only a commander can have sixth sense though. But you can only improve one skill at a time, so no 50% in one, and 60% in another. A skill must be completed before a new one can be worked on.

Note as well that the requirements for each subsequent skill increase exponentially.

Cheers.

Anyway.... I hate T44.... Had another stupidly good game in t43 with 1st mastery badge, then all day I am getting blown up in T44. It is costing me to play fecking thing at this stage. :mad:
    A lot of it is MM too. In T43 I can get in to tier 7 games mostly, but even in tier 8 games I manage to pull out some nice games. In t44 I am just getting all tier 10 games and pretty much become cannon fodder.

Cheers.

Anyway.... I hate T44.... Had another stupidly good game in t43 with 1st mastery badge, then all day I am getting blown up in T44. It is costing me to play fecking thing at this stage. :mad:
    A lot of it is MM too. In T43 I can get in to tier 7 games mostly, but even in tier 8 games I manage to pull out some nice games. In t44 I am just getting all tier 10 games and pretty much become cannon fodder.

If you can stick it out until the tier 9s, the bump from tier 8 to 9 tends to be significant in mediums.

Okay, had a few more games with t44. I am getting used to it and it is starting to get a lot better now. I really know that I am missing those better engines a lot. The speed of this tank is its strength. I can get my ass in to some great positions and get my ass on the fastest express when **** hits the fan.

oh yeah, she needs to be fully upgraded.... and a good crew and equipment.. same as all mediums

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Im close to getting a Ferdi, but what should i get first, tracks, radio, engine?

Engine would be the most useful, as long as you can mount it. Depending on the weight, you might need to upgrade the tracks first.

Found on Wot Wiki:
    At stock, you will be able to mount the 10,5 cm K 18 L/52 gun from JagdPanther. Adding the 10,5 cm K 18 L/52 along with the Binocular Telescope is an excellent choice, but will take you to the 66.39/66.40 weight limit. You will shoot slower, ammo costs 4 times as much as the 88mm, and it doesn't have better accuracy than the PaK 43, so consider upgrading the tracks your top priority if you mount the 105mm gun. New suspension will also bring a small, but much needed, improvement in the mobility of your Ferdinand, as increased traverse speed will help you to keep your 200mm frontal armor facing your foes.
    Soon enough you will find the 10,5 cm to be severely lacking for a tier VIII tank destroyer, so your second priority after upgrading your Ferdi's tracks should be acquiring the devastating 12,8 cm PaK 44 L/55. It will dramatically improve your combat effectiveness.
    Engine upgrades should be considered your highest priority after you get the 12,8 cm gun . Ferdinand shares its engine upgrades with Tiger P and VK4502 (P) Ausf. A&B.
    Top of the line radio is shared with multitude of other German tanks, including JagdPanther.

current special is pretty good...

re bought hellcat.. and bought the tier 7 british td..

might re buy the kv2...

havin fun in lower tiers, (5-8) last few days while i was on standard account.

wanna rebuy my m46 and give it a better shot.... pitty its not on special

This 5x xp daily is god sent! Gave a very good boost to all my tanks and I got already 70k XP to convert when needed.

On the bad note, looks like I am getting very bad with Credits... got only 3.2mil and My two next tanks will be tier 9...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

On the bad note, looks like I am getting very bad with Credits... got only 3.2mil and My two next tanks will be tier 9...
    Well selling both the tier 8s will net you the chassi so you're only short around a mil (chassi x2 + upgrades + crew conversion)

Nody wrote: »
    Well selling both the tier 8s will net you the chassi so you're only short around a mil (chassi x2 + upgrades + crew conversion)

I want to keep my 7+ tier tanks. Is and t43 are good for xp. I get good fun games in them too.

Another way for people to get a free Super Pershing, without grinding: http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/05/11/super-pershing-ftr-giveaway/

Like the FTR Facebook page before midnight, then check FTR tomorrow for the winners.

bollox, only seen that now.

bought a good few tanks, most to be enrfed soon, tiger h, hellcat etc

Having some bollox day at WoT today. I get a game where I kill 4 people and do most damage on my team, but we still lose! :mad:

In my last game I just went "are you ****ing for real".
    I found T34 hiding behind building and just managed to hide myself as he had a superior position ( his hull was hidden and all I could see was his front turret ). Friendly T34 was a good bit away behind me and not seen. I did "F7", then marked spot on map, then said in chat: "He is hiding behind this building, go around and flank him". He answers "affirmative!".
    Then he just drives up to my position ( yes, where I am hiding and hoping for my Team mate to flank that T34 ), drives around me and goes straight up front to that T34...
    That was me:
    Luc+Picard.jpg

Surely Enemies T34 Landed a massive shot on him. I hat to jump out from my position as it was a chance for me at least to get out of there. I am on low HP even before it happened ( 3 or 4 kills already ) and got enemies Tiger with full hp roll in from the side.
    All in all I managed to bounce some shots due to angling and forcing Tiger to shoot my turret ( IS-3 ), but my team mate died in a pool of piss and blood and both enemy players just sodomized my ass after.

My little rage rant. Dont mind me. :o

yeah, can be frustrating like that alright..

so many tomatoes!!

edit, on a side note, have had my xvm switched off for about a week and enjoying the game MUCH more...

dont go into a battle thinking 'ffs.. 30% chance to win'

had a game last night on ruinberg, someone in chat says at start "fook, 30% according to xvm"
    i told him to ignore xvm and we beat them 13-0!

Okay, is it me, or kv-1s is a troll tank or some sort off bugged mistake? On paper it looks like a standard bastard, but I am sock of being in 1 or 2 tiers higher and still be trolled by it. At one game kv-is bounced 3 shots from my is-3! 225mm penetration! Kv-1s has max 60!

You'll be glad to know it's getting split into the KV1-S and KV-122 at tier 7 then.

its such a troll gun, 415 damage is funny at tier 6.. but it misses SOOOO much and has like a 3.9 sec aim time

• Advertisement

It's just stupid tank and there is something wrong with its armour. No way it can bounce as much as it does from guns, that should just penetration it like paper.

Advertisement