Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Golf Betting MegaThread *** See Mod warning in post #2 & 214***

• 15-05-2013 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

This week is very interesting in the golf betting as there is a choice between 2 very different events with the byron nelson in america and the volvo matchplay in bulgria.
    from looking at the odds,form,course history and other things i think players to watch in the us are:
    matt kuchar 16/1
    marc leishman 20/1
    ryuji imada 200/1
    ryan palmer 22/1 (nap)
    palmer is flying at the moment and has a great record in this event.
    in the matchplay:
    henrik stenson 15/2
    fdez castano 18/1
    mcdowell 8/1 (nap)
    aphibarnrat 40/1
    while stenson is in great form he hasn't played alot of matchplay over the last few years but still worth a shout.mcdowell had a poor week last week but is proven in matchplay and would expect a strong showing.aphibarnrat seems to be always in contention and is playing well recently and looks a good price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,007 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Please note the charter regarding betting/gambling.
    This thread is for gambling posts *only*.
    Any posts that are not gambling related belong in the "Epic" thread or the tournament specific thread if one exists.
    Warnings/Infractions/Bans will be given out at moderators discretion.
    Attempts to circumvent these rules will result in bans.
    Aftertiming bets require a screenshot or warnings and/or cards will be issued

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I bet ya this will be my one and only post in here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,092 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I bet ya this will be my one and only post in here!!

What odds you giving?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Byron Nelson Picks
    Jason Day........favourite but has 3 top 10's from 3 start here
    Jordan Speith.......from Texas, knows the course
    D A Points.......course form & is playing well
    Robert Karlsson......played well last time out in Quail Hollow, good off the tee
    Marc Leishman.......... in good form & has good course form

Madeira Island Open
    Andy Sullivan
    Morten Orum Madsen
    Joakim Lagergren
    Daniel Vancsik

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭realgolfgeek

Marc Leishman and Andres Romero for me.
    20/1 and 150/1, both each way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Haven't got a major betting interest in this weeks events but a few that might outplay their prices

Morten Orum Madsen in the Medeira Open he won a minor event in Norway of the last week or so and finished 11th in Medeira last year which is being played on the same course again.

The match play is a bit of a lottery but I think Aphibarnrat might go well at a big price. He has been in good form on the Asian Tour this year and could go well.

The Byron Nelson is another wide open event and it wouldn't surprise in the slightest to see a big outsider compete this week. Patrick Reed is a local Texan and could go well at a big price.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

My golf bets this week are US Matt Kuchar e/w and in Bulgaria Shane Lowry e/w.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Haven't got a major betting interest in this weeks events but a few that might outplay their prices

Morten Orum Madsen in the Medeira Open he won a minor event in Norway of the last week or so and finished 11th in Medeira last year which is being played on the same course again.

The match play is a bit of a lottery but I think Aphibarnrat might go well at a big price. He has been in good form on the Asian Tour this year and could go well.

The Byron Nelson is another wide open event and it wouldn't surprise in the slightest to see a big outsider compete this week. Patrick Reed is a local Texan and could go well at a big price.

ugh he is leading by 1 and i havent a penny on him and the make things worse he is beating Peter Uihlien who is second and I actually have money on!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

This week is very interesting in the golf betting as there is a choice between 2 very different events with the byron nelson in america and the volvo matchplay in bulgria.
    from looking at the odds,form,course history and other things i think players to watch in the us are:
    matt kuchar 16/1
    marc leishman 20/1
    ryuji imada 200/1
    ryan palmer 22/1 (nap)
    palmer is flying at the moment and has a great record in this event.
    in the matchplay:
    henrik stenson 15/2
    fdez castano 18/1
    mcdowell 8/1 (nap)
    aphibarnrat 40/1
    while stenson is in great form he hasn't played alot of matchplay over the last few years but still worth a shout.mcdowell had a poor week last week but is proven in matchplay and would expect a strong showing.aphibarnrat seems to be always in contention and is playing well recently and looks a good price.
    Good win by mcdowell,thats a few pound in,hopefully leishman or palmer can get up for a place tonight

Crown Plaza,

I fancy Marc Leishman at 33's and John Senden at 80's.

• Advertisement

BMW PGA - I've gone for Grace and Colsaerts each way.

Incredible ... who would have thought in golf the odds would ever be like this.
    Memorial ... 2/1 for Tiger woods ... nearest competitor is 16's !!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Incredible ... who would have thought in golf the odds would ever be like this.
    Memorial ... 2/1 for Tiger woods ... nearest competitor is 16's !!!!!!!!!!

Only 5 years ago this was the regular occurance. In fact I remember before arnies tournament 1 year tiger was around 11/8.
    It's probably priced about right really. Any bigger an there would be lads smashing into him e/w

kiers47 wrote: »
    Only 5 years ago this was the regular occurance. In fact I remember before arnies tournament 1 year tiger was around 11/8.
    It's probably priced about right really. Any bigger an there would be lads smashing into him e/w

I actually think 2/1 is a great price, I was just amazed at 16/1 been the closest next odds

I actually think 2/1 is a great price, I was just amazed at 16/1 been the closest next odds

Ya well in fairness tiger is taking out a third of the market... It would be fairly poor if anything less was offered IMO. Good value if you fancy anyone else in fairness. Pp paying 6 places to. Must have a closer look tomorrow to see what I think.

I think Adam Scott is best value e/w at 20's.
    He's been very selective in what he's playing this year.

I can see him getting to No. 2 in the world very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭pinkdoubleeagle

I think Adam Scott is best value e/w at 20's.
    He's been very selective in what he's playing this year.

I can see him getting to No. 2 in the world very quickly.

Only played once since the Masters

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

This week I just did a 10er double. Thomas Bjorn and dustin Johnsson both to get top 10 finishes in their competition. Pays just under 7's.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭The Premier Man

This week I went mad altogether and did a 50cent ew lucky 15.in europe thomas bjorn,in us ryan palmer,in the womens yani tseng and in the champions jay haas.it pays out 224,754.61.I don't usually get anything back from my weeks betting so I said id try something different this week so id have interest in them all.sure u never know.

• Advertisement

I have Levet in Europe, Snedeker and Weekley in US, all e/w. Just to have an interest. Got a few quid off Thomas Bjorn e/w last week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ha, reading last night Tiger is 1/20 to win the US$ money list. :pac:

Took Scott stallings at 35/1 earlier. In great form at the moment looks set to break into the tour in a big way. Confident to say the least! Dustin Johnson I like also but his form isn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Just as a heads up to people, paddy power are offering 7 places for e/w bets on us open at the mo, if you make the bet on mobile

Jimdagym wrote: »
    This week I just did a 10er double. Thomas Bjorn and dustin Johnsson both to get top 10 finishes in their competition. Pays just under 7's.

I'm in with a sniff...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just as a heads up to people, paddy power are offering 7 places for e/w bets on us open at the mo, if you make the bet on mobile

Is that via some sort of app or just on the normal website

Is that via some sort of app or just on the normal website

T&c's say via mobile or text betting only. Dial a bet does not count.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

DJ still tied 10th though...

2 bogeys on last 2 really might have screwed you

• Advertisement

DJ still tied 10th though...

2 bogeys on last 2 really might have screwed you

He is T9 now, but with 10 lads. The dead heat will apply so i doubt I'll even get my money back. Bogey-bogey finish completely killed me alright. Thought I was home :o

Advertisement