Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

FINALLY caught up on the last 2. Good stuff.

Stupid Saul... man. I can't believe he took off and left them.

Tanya - not turned but unconscious. What happened to her exactly? I hope she's ok!

Randy - who is he? He's a zombie now - but Michael mentioned him much earlier in the series, though I don't remember when exactly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    Randy - who is he? He's a zombie now - but Michael mentioned him much earlier in the series, though I don't remember when exactly.

When he was at the colony recovering from having his arm fixed, Hope said he'd been talking in his sleep and had said the name Randy. We weren't told how he knows him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

Tanya - not turned but unconscious. What happened to her exactly? I hope she's ok!

looks like the Z's are catching survivors alive now to either use as food or experiment with to make Z's with different mutations ie fast Z's giant Z's etc
    it will be interesting to see what they witness at the hospital when the Z army and their captured survivors arrive
    i reckon its not going to be pretty, prob like the arena but more medical then just killing for sport

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

SUNGOD wrote: »
    looks like the Z's are catching survivors alive now to either use as food or experiment with to make Z's with different mutations ie fast Z's giant Z's etcit will be interesting to see what they witness at the hospital when the Z army and their captured survivors arrive
    i reckon its not going to be pretty, prob like the arena but more medical then just killing for sport

Their last stockpile of food was destroyed when their base in the arena was blown up, so I reckon that the Zeds have picked the huge hospital as their new base and were arriving enmasse to take it over and create and new giant pile of food (bodies) like the one Angel and Pegs hid in when they were at the arena.

Would also explain why the Zeds took Tanya alive, as they did the same with Samantha, Kalani, and Datu in the arena.

Fishie wrote: »
    When he was at the colony recovering from having his arm fixed, Hope said he'd been talking in his sleep and had said the name Randy. We weren't told how he knows him though.

I reckon it is a family member or close friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I think randy has something to do with when he disappeared and broke his arm. Maybe he met another survivor and had to kill them before they turned, or they helped him and maybe died in the progress

Has anyone listened to the episode that went up today? Need to discuss it!

Also, there is no episode next week because it's the 4th of July, so two weeks of waiting.... Arrgh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

sorry to make ruin the run of this thread,but I finally checked this out,i'm up to episode 10 and I just want to thank you for finding this it's amazing.

I'm so writing an rpg of this :pac:

Fishie wrote: »
    Has anyone listened to the episode that went up today? Need to discuss it!

Also, there is no episode next week because it's the 4th of July, so two weeks of waiting.... Arrgh!

Ok listened to it this morning.

yeah great episode, so tense at the end with angel and burt trapped
    any thoughts on if or how they escape?
    maybe kalani gets the chopper going and drives by the wimdow matrix style:D

• Advertisement

SUNGOD wrote: »
    yeah great episode, so tense at the end with angel and burt trapped
    any thoughts on if or how they escape?
    maybe kalani gets the chopper going and drives by the wimdow matrix style:D

First thought was Kalani gets the chopper going, and then use the improvised rope to hang from the chopper for Burt and Angel to grab.

But I have a feeling it may turn out to be something less obvious than that.

Great episode! They have 2 sheets left i believe.
    They wanted to get to the roof several stories below, but since they don't have enough, how about just going one level down?
    Angel lowers bert out window using both sheets, angel kicks in window and enters floor below. Bert could then either add more sheets/material if available, or secure his end in the room, hold on and let angel swing on down into the room!
    Granted its dangerous, but hell its freeeakkkking zombies out there man!

Either that or bert mentioned the sheet tore because it was rubbing on the ledge. Wonder would the ledge allow them to go to adjoining rooms?

Also i was thinking riley was a lesbanian, who knew!

phill106 wrote: »
    Also i was thinking riley was a lesbanian, who knew!

She hasn't quite professed her love for Angel, although it felt as if she was about to...

What I really wanted to discuss about this episode - did anyone catch what the zombie said on Lizzy's recording? You hear her and the mallers getting into the truck and driving off, then some zombies near the recorder, and then it really sounds as if one of them said something... I couldn't quite make it out, first I thought he said "No" but then when I relistened it sounded more like "Mo"...

As for Angel and Burt, I have a horrible feeling one of them might die! We are nearing the end of the season after all.

Could be move....

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭shantolog

I honestly thought Riley would fire an arrow with the sheets attached ala Robin Hood, which she said she loved as a child... Any thoughts on that happening?

shantolog wrote: »
    I honestly thought Riley would fire an arrow with the sheets attached ala Robin Hood, which she said she loved as a child... Any thoughts on that happening?

think it would be too heavy, unless she managed to have thin long part of the blanket attatched first, long enough to make that shot which was in turn attatched to rest of blanket.

Im now thinking a diversionary explosion by riley using the c4 while other chap gets the chopper.
    Either that or bert and angel use the 2 blankets to abseil down to the room directly below, shoot in the window and continue on down the same way, or through the building. Actually that could tie in with the riley explosion idea too.
    Only issue is the door, do they need to keep someone holding the door so zombies wont get in...

Only other way i can think of is the blanket rope that fell, tied to the stuts of the chopper, and they dive out the window like a good old fashioned a-team/macgyver episode!

We don't have too long to wait in order to find out :)

Good episode.

We finally got to hear how Burt's little C4 project worked.

We had the guy/creature from the arena pop up at the hospital plus what sounded like the tattoo machine that puts the numbers on some of the creatures.

Still trying to figure out if the arrow hit the creature whilst he stood still in the hallway or if, as it came across to me, he caught the arrow in midflight.

Saul at the very end saying that he could offer the mallers somebody they wanted in exchange was interesting. A genuine offer by Saul or just a ploy?

And if genuine who is Saul going to offer? Could it be Pegs for killing the brother of Scratch or maybe Angel seeing as Scratch said she knew Angel from somewhere.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Good episode.

We finally got to hear how Burt's little C4 project worked.

We had the guy/creature from the arena pop up at the hospital plus what sounded like the tattoo machine that puts the numbers on some of the creatures.

Still trying to figure out if the arrow hit the creature whilst he stood still in the hallway or if, as it came across to me, he caught the arrow in midflight.

Saul at the very end saying that he could offer the mallers somebody they wanted in exchange was interesting. A genuine offer by Saul or just a ploy?

And if genuine who is Saul going to offer? Could it be Pegs for killing the brother of Scratch or maybe Angel seeing as Scratch said she knew Angel from somewhere.

Definitely sounded like inky caught the arrow in his hand.

FINALLY got to listen to it.

Yeah - he caught the arrow mid-flight. Scary stuff - just who is/was that guy? Bad news bears for sure... and I'm curious what the tatoos mean for exactly.

Saul - he can't be the mole can he? I don't think so. I believe this is just to get Blondie back. He can't be the mole.... the conversation w/ Scratch would have been different. BUT - what's Saul gonna do? He's proven to a bit unstable lately so who knows. Hopefully he'll tell the others and get a plan together.

Not sure who he'd offer up but I guess I'd vote for Pegs for the same reason you mentioned Kess. Could be Angel. Could be Michael or Bert for smaller reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

anyone listening live?

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

IF Riley is the snitch, things could go downhill very quickly here!

Very little chat here about the season finale.

So who does everyone think is dead?

Did they really wipe out some many of the main characters in one episode or will there be some, as I think there will be, other survivors bar the injured person Scarface found at the end of the episode along with who can only be Burt.

We know that one of the people the mallers knew on the inside was a he and one is a she.

My theory that Kalani was the snitch seems to be gone along with him now. :D Although there may be something in what he asked Angel to get from Bill's room that points the finger in his direction again as the "him"

Then again Scarface saying she has found what she was looking for as they took the injured man away could mean that is the male person they knew on the inside. Have a feeling that was Angel and that his connection to Scarface is something to do with his past history of hotwiring cars.

Most have been a whole heap of characters inside the tower when it collapsed, unless of course next season starts with some of those who went to the motor pool as having gotten out before it came down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

keep listening after the credits

Holy hell... didn't get to listen to the entire thing until now. Wow. Need to listen to it again for sure.

Pippen WAS a maller spy! At least I think that's what I heard...

So - for sure they're minus Kalani and whoever was left inside the tower.

Kalani's journal should be interesting reading, but it's with Angel... W/ Kalani's comment about "sorry about the flat", etc - I think he was one of the traitors but sure don't know for sure.

Burt can't be dead.... or he'd better not be. A guy like that can't go out falling from a zip line. Scratch's comment about "put him with the old man" makes it sound like he's gone though. OR - perhaps he's alive too and so is the other person they found.

Same for Angel. No way... he's gotta live to bring back Kalani's journal as a plot device. He could be the other person the mallers found.

Lots of questions left.... really DO need to listen to it again.

HAHAHAHAHA

This turned up via facebook from the We're Alive group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt7JuskB2FQ

THAT is freakin' great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Kalani's journal should be interesting reading, but it's with Angel... W/ Kalani's comment about "sorry about the flat", etc - I think he was one of the traitors but sure don't know for sure.

Well "the flat" could be the flat they had with the behemoth thing out near the army base

And they mention at the end that the one they found was alive,barely but alive so it may mean burt is too.
    From an outside point of view,it can't continue with just the characters in the chopper the three soldiers have been the main characters all the way.

I think there will be a tragedy in the Saul/Lizzy storyline,I hope it doesn't just end with the hummer crash

completely agree with ginja ninja

and lifted this from the youtube comments which soms up the whole kalani traitor debate

"Kalani was the mole, they had Hannah as a hostage and were forcing him to do what they wanted, when he found out they killed her at the golfcourse he sacrificed himself to save the tower. It is likely the notebooks he told angel to grab while he was apologising were his confession."

edit: just thinking was kalina in the tower when pippen was shot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

dont think he was think he was at the airfield or en route to it.

Advertisement